Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Government expected to announce the end of return train tickets this week meaning you can only get a single ticket for all journeys. 
    2 singles will apparently cost the same as a return.
    I will believe it when I see it regarding no price increase, paper tickets also to be phased out. 
  • Options
    Just checked Southeastern for Saturday, London Bridge to Charlton.

Single ticket is £5 each way, a return is £8.50.

As you say just another way of bringing in higher fares.

• Options
    What a government can do when it actually owns its own infrastructure! 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    TelMc32 said:
    What a government can do when it actually owns its own infrastructure! 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I guess strictly speaking the infrastructure is owned by the government as In Network Rail. But I get your point. 
  • Options
    Travelling to London later. Track problems between Headcorn and Ashford mean that every other train is cancelled for the rest of the day and some rush hour services are being sent via Maidstone. 
  • Options
    Broken door mechanism turned a 34 min journey into a 90 min one late last night. Absolute shitshow 
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They’ll end up employing more enforcement officers, knowing they’ll be more bunking going on. Then target them on bringing in the recently increased £100 fines.
  • Options
    sholland said:
    Government expected to announce the end of return train tickets this week meaning you can only get a single ticket for all journeys. 
    I will believe it when I see it regarding no price increase, paper tickets also to be phased out. 
    How will that work....getting rid of paperless tickets, not everyone owns a smart phone, maybe an Oyster style system?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sholland said:
    How will that work....getting rid of paperless tickets, not everyone owns a smart phone, maybe an Oyster style system?
    Round our way the barriers have barcode readers and you can get a ticket as a QR code either on a phone or on paper.  I think what they mean is getting rid of magnetic strip card tickets
  • Options
    sholland said:
    Southeastern have their own smart card. Bank cards will also be available for contactless

• Options
    WSS said:
    iaitch said:

They’ll end up employing more enforcement officers, knowing they’ll be more bunking going on. Then target them on bringing in the recently increased £100 fines.
    There are no targets when it comes to penalty fares. Each case is judged on its own merit and Revenue Officers have full discretion on whether to issue a PF or not.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    iaitch said:

Went to Victoria yesterday around 10.30, never seen so many staff at the ticket barriers.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    iaitch said:

There are no targets when it comes to penalty fares. Each case is judged on its own merit and Revenue Officers have full discretion on whether to issue a PF or not.

• Options
    Thankfully don’t use them that often but every day I have for the last month or so, there’s been problems. Delays, trains cancelled at short notice etc. Just got to Lewisham and no Sidcup line trains due to signalling issues. Useless tossers 
  • Options
    FFS Last night was a joke, surely not again tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Track and signals are the responsibility of Network Rail. Southeastern only run the trains. 
  • Options
    glad I left glad I left the office at 2.30 today then
  • Options
    Thankfully don’t use them that often but every day I have for the last month or so, there’s been problems. Delays, trains cancelled at short notice etc. Just got to Lewisham and no Sidcup line trains due to signalling issues. Useless tossers 
    Nothing to do with Southeastern. The 'useless tossers' run the trains and staff stations. Signals, track, points, power, in fact, everything else is controlled by Network Rail. 
  • Options
    Nothing to do with Southeastern. The 'useless tossers' run the trains and staff stations. Signals, track, points, power, in fact, everything else is controlled by Network Rail. 
    Network Rail also manage and provide staff at major stations including London Bridge, Charing Cross, Cannon Street and Victoria.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I get fed up when this bullshit gets trotted out again and again.

If you bought a car and the engine kept conking out would you moan to the garage you bought the car from or say, "it's nothing to do with the garage" and wait for the engine manufacturer to do the right thing?
    Using your logic, you buy a car from a garage (Southeastern) but it doesn't work because 'parts' from the manufacturer (Network Rail) cannot be supplied to the garage immediately.  Rather than moan, what alternative is available that you would suggest?
  • Options
    So glad I don't have to use them anymore on a daily basis. Then again, the roads aren't much fun these days either.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I get fed up when this bullshit gets trotted out again and again.

If you bought a car and the engine kept conking out would you moan to the garage you bought the car from or say, "it's nothing to do with the garage" and wait for the engine manufacturer to do the right thing?
    Using your logic, you buy a car from a garage (Southeastern) but it doesn't work because 'parts' from the manufacturer (Network Rail) cannot be supplied to the garage immediately.  Rather than moan, what alternative is available that you would suggest?
    I think Mr Largo has answered that question for me!