Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe what puts that chip on our shoulders is being referred to as Wankers.
  • Options
    Not directly Southeastern related but Platform Tickets! You can still get them. I had a couple of hours spare in Bristol this morning so thought I'd pop down to Temple Meads Station. Platform ticket was 10p. Marvellous. 
    In other news, see you lot next season 😔
    i am amazed you confessed to that! 🤣. Did you spot anything interesting?
  • Options
    Another shit show this morning. Stuck at Lee for half an hour due to signalling problems. Driver advised us to check the company website for accurate updates as he couldn’t give one.
  • Options
    Another shit show this morning. Stuck at Lee for half an hour due to signalling problems. Driver advised us to check the company website for accurate updates as he couldn’t give one.
    It's NOT their fault. Apparently.
  • Options
    How are the trains today?

Worth me getting out of bed?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Not too bad on the sidcup line. Small (few mins) delays but not mass cancellations due to snow on the tracks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    Off_it said:

Not too bad on the sidcup line. Small (few mins) delays but not mass cancellations due to snow on the tracks. 
    Thanks.

Hats off to Network Rail then. No credit at all to SE trains.
  • Options
    was due in the office today, but haven't even bothered when I got up at 6.30.....I see they've already tweeted knowing they'll be issues later on getting home
  • Options
    Screwed again tonight on the Woolwich line Kent bound. Some excuse about a broken down train. No further information. Muffled announcement over the train intercom. Usual service.
  • Options
    It gets worse. Train driver tells me the broken down train is at Belvedere, my destination, one stop along from where i was stuck at Abbey wood. Bemused station staff at Abbey wood confirm no announcements over the tannoy as it's past 7pm and will disturb local residents. Good for local resident but not for us stranded passengers. I eventually caught a bus to finish my journey. Will put a delay repay claim in for a little satisfaction.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It gets worse. Train driver tells me the broken down train is at Belvedere, my destination, one stop along from where i was stuck at Abbey wood. Bemused station staff at Abbey wood confirm no announcements over the tannoy as it's past 7pm and will disturb local residents. Good for local resident but not for us stranded passengers. I eventually caught a bus to finish my journey. Will put a delay repay claim in for a little satisfaction.
    What was there first? The station or the houses?
  • Options
    Yeh, they can't hear the trains all night but those announcements are deafening  ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Get your point but in the 'exceptional' (yeah right) situation where trains are not running there should be tannoy announcements to inform and direct people that are otherwise stranded. I only had to get home to listen in to Morecambe v charlton  but it's conceivable that others had more important things to attend to.
  • Options
    Screwed again tonight on the Woolwich line Kent bound. Some excuse about a broken down train. No further information. Muffled announcement over the train intercom. Usual service.
    Network Rail mate.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there are trains to Gravesend from London bridge on Saturday during the day. I am at work and the journey planner and other sites keep binging me out on bad gateway.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there are trains to Gravesend from London bridge on Saturday during the day. I am at work and the journey planner and other sites keep binging me out on bad gateway.
    Try this link, by the looks of it nothing running south of dartford. we have same problem and will have to drive to sevenoaks and get thameslink https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-action?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2cWgBhDYARIsALggUhqB6qhRXhCl-nwJf3fXbVAB9iT7M-wXKU6SsIJH2nONCIQ90EmKzuMaAoJlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Try this link, by the looks of it nothing running south of dartford. we have same problem and will have to drive to sevenoaks and get thameslink https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-action?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2cWgBhDYARIsALggUhqB6qhRXhCl-nwJf3fXbVAB9iT7M-wXKU6SsIJH2nONCIQ90EmKzuMaAoJlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Cheers mate....looks like train to Dartford then a bus
  • Options
    I just checked Thameslink to see if that would help you. they were saying trains running until 23.00 when we bought our cambridge tickets a few days ago. now changed  last train to 17.47 back to sevenoaks. cnuts...so its 80 quid on an uber instead
  • Options
    Unfortunately most stations are not allowed to make announcements after a certain time (depending on the area) due to local complaints. We used to have them at Sevenoaks and couldn’t announce trains after 1900 unless in was urgent or an emergency and that was over 20 years ago 
  • Options
    I just checked Thameslink to see if that would help you. they were saying trains running until 23.00 when we bought our cambridge tickets a few days ago. now changed  last train to 17.47 back to sevenoaks. cnuts...so its 80 quid on an uber instead
    I know that feeling, I had to pay £147 for a Travelodge in Woolwich at the Cambridge home match thinking it was a one off, missed about 4 games since because of the strikes, same will happen on the 1st April cos of the strikes. Miss the game or stay over the only options.
  • Options
    Get your point but in the 'exceptional' (yeah right) situation where trains are not running there should be tannoy announcements to inform and direct people that are otherwise stranded. I only had to get home to listen in to Morecambe v charlton  but it's conceivable that others had more important things to attend to.
    Apologies, my ‘joke’ was clearly worded poorly. I’m on your side and think station communication is so so important! People shouldn’t live near a station if they don’t like trains. 
  • Options
    Another shit show tonight.
  • Options
    I was on a train from Cannon Street last week, after leaving London Bridge the driver announced that after Lewisham he isn't sure which route he would take to Dartford but would keep the passengers informed, which was nice of him! The lack of reaction from the passengers, just a few tuts, 'oh for gawd's sake' etc. was a surprise, guess they're used to it now?
  • Options
    I was on a train from Cannon Street last week, after leaving London Bridge the driver announced that after Lewisham he isn't sure which route he would take to Dartford but would keep the passengers informed, which was nice of him! The lack of reaction from the passengers, just a few tuts, 'oh for gawd's sake' etc. was a surprise, guess they're used to it now?
    Guess a few hours stuck on a train could save peeps heating bills...
  • Options
    Another shit show tonight.
    Network Rail again 
  • Options
    Not a Southeastern specific issue, but the RMT  strikes on the 30th March and 1st April have been called off