Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Wankers this mob 7% pay rise across the board, how are key workers meant to get to work? 

My grandad was a proud union man but I do think these days this is the society we have now become is this will be a constant thing. 
    In a lot of EU countries sticking by railway workers is illegal. 
    On the other hand it's compulsory in France!
  • Options
    Wankers this mob 7% pay rise across the board, how are key workers meant to get to work? 

My grandad was a proud union man but I do think these days this is the society we have now become is this will be a constant thing. 
    In a lot of EU countries sticking by railway workers is illegal. 
    How about striking? 
  • Options
    No just sticking, it’s when the rail workers beat the travelling public with sticks as they are about to board the train. A bit like what happens on southeastern metaphorically every day. 
  • Options
    Looks like it is and the days they’re not striking (Mon, Weds, Fri) will be shocking as the trains will not be in the rights places. 
    Cheers. As I expected. Will make the journey in tomorrow but will WFH rest of the week.
    Elizabeth line services aren’t effected by any of this
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Looks like it is and the days they’re not striking (Mon, Weds, Fri) will be shocking as the trains will not be in the rights places. 
    Cheers. As I expected. Will make the journey in tomorrow but will WFH rest of the week.
    They are on Tuesday….

The DLR is okay all week I think if people are really desperate to get to the office
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Rothko said:
    They are on Tuesday….

The DLR is okay all week I think if people are really desperate to get to the office
    Yeah true where stations are shared, saying that they were running Paddington to Canary Wharf non stop last week 
  • Options
    suspect after today the week will be a bit of a write off - I wouldn't be trying to get a train unless I desperately needed to
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Bexleyheath line starts at 7:46 tomorrow and trains are every :16 and :46 till, i think, 5:16

that's London bound trains, not sure if the are just going to ldn bridge or charring cross /cannon street 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Bexleyheath line starts at 7:46 tomorrow and trains are every :16 and :46 till, i think, 5:16

that's London bound trains, not sure if the are just going to ldn bridge or charring cross /cannon street 
    Woolwich line half-hourly service from 07.36 until 17.36 to London Bridge,not stopping at Woolwich Dockyard, Westcombe Park & Maze Hill .
    Return services depart London Bridge 34/04 until 18.04

Waterloo East, Charing Cross & Cannon Street stations will be closed.

Elizabeth line will be running between Abbey Wood & Paddington from 07.00 until 18.00 tomorrow & a normal service the rest of this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Reduced service predicted for the Elizabeth line.

• Options
    1905 said:
    My wife who is a nurse in london, somehow needs to get from Bexleyheath each day for 7am.  This will probably involve a start of before 5am and home for 9pm.  

And for that reason, and the affect it will have on all our key workers, I cant get close to showing this strike any sort of support.  
    Exactly mate, how is she going to find time to cook your dinner?
    Brilliant 
  • Options
    I’m an emergency worker on a night shift tonight. I hate driving all the way into central London from Whitstable so I’ve parked at Ebbsfleet and boarded the train in. My first train back out from St Pancras in the morning is not until 08:35. Luckily I’m not on another night shift tomorrow but I’m going to have to drive all the way in to work on Thursday as I’m back on an early start at 07:00 and the high speed is not running until later in the morning.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Rothko said:
    Reduced service predicted for the Elizabeth line.

Yep according to TfL, they are trying to place as many trains as they can within the core section but will mean an every 10 minute service before 7, and after 6 in the evening, as they still need to get the remaining trains across National Rail lines in West London to get a full service. 

Will be virtually nothing running on the western and eastern ends of the line
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Is this correct…. .…?. Why not
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Is this correct…. .…?. Why not
    Isn’t part of the tube and the central section isn’t run by Network Rail
  • Options
    Senpai said:
    I’m an emergency worker on a night shift tonight. I hate driving all the way into central London from Whitstable so I’ve parked at Ebbsfleet and boarded the train in. My first train back out from St Pancras in the morning is not until 08:35. Luckily I’m not on another night shift tomorrow but I’m going to have to drive all the way in to work on Thursday as I’m back on an early start at 07:00 and the high speed is not running until later in the morning.
    I believe the congestion charge is suspended on strike days or possibly all week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1905 said:
    My wife who is a nurse in london, somehow needs to get from Bexleyheath each day for 7am.  This will probably involve a start of before 5am and home for 9pm.  

And for that reason, and the affect it will have on all our key workers, I cant get close to showing this strike any sort of support.  
    Won’t be backing your wife when she strikes next then?
    Don't be stupid mate! His wife should just stomach the shit wages and shit working conditions forever, that's the British way
  • Options
    Senpai said:
    I believe the congestion charge is suspended on strike days or possibly all week.
    Unfortunately not but we’ve been told we can claim it back.
  • Options
    Doctors and nurses will be next to strike. The general public being against these strikes shows how sanctimonious the Thursday Night clapping was IMO.
    Teachers too 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I think you can be against strikes and feel sympathy for the workers.

I think the increasing disconnect comes from people who simply aren't part of a union and therefore don't 'understand' it. I think only 25% of people in the UK are in a union and the remaining 75% have the attitude of "I can't just demand a payrise, why should others?".
    Most can change jobs or careers, as well as ask for a pay rise. Ideally don't want key workers doing either. It's why so many junior doctors have left the UK to work down under.