Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn, post match views

so for those of you ate the Valley tell what really happened, for the rest of us what next?

Comments

• Options
    Arghhhhhhh
  • Options
    The team decided to play 10 touch football and pass sideways. Sordell MOM. All goals were from us mistakes i think
  • Options
    Harriot and Cousins were their best players - the way they kept giving Blackburn the ball in dangerous positions cost us two goals. If we had their centre forwards, we would have won the game.

Our marking from crosses and set pieces is shocking.

Sordell was excellent, but everybody in the ground knew he shouldn't be taking that penalty.

Wasted opportunity.

Blackburn excellent going forward.
  • Options
    Still in our hands don't no who Birmingham last game is but I think other results will keep us up
  • Options
    I thought we started well. Were playing decent stuff although again lacked a little penetration. Couple if half chances but it all seemed fairly comfortable.

Then a header that Appeared Hamer thought was dropping wide but sneaked in. Knocked the stuffing out of us.

Then a penalty. Sordell shot low and down the middle and Robinson saved it with his legs.

Five mins into the second half they scored within five minutes from a other header.

Sordell scored a nice goal and I thought we would really push on.

Unfortunately, Cousins played a loose pass and they scored from the breakaway.

Seems all our mistakes are being punished.

We huffed and puffed after that but in all honesty it was a comfortable victory for Rovers who looked tidy enough.

In terms of performances I thought Sordell caused their centre backs problems bit he got zero protection from the ref. Fox looked assured.

I feel...well just a little numb really.

A win in Tuesday will see us ok but that will be a tough ask.
  • Options
    What a pile of sh*te that was.

Harriott is no better than a Sunday morning pub player.

Adjarevic is so unfit it isn't true. 30 minutes in him at best, never chases back and is just a bag full of tricks and flicks. Send him back ASAP.

A total rebuild needed to even think about competing next season.

We need a clear out on the scale of a couple of seasons ago.

We are so lucky that the other teams around us keep losing.

No passion or desire our there today.

Sodall's put in a good shift spoilt by his awful penalty.

• Options
    But at least Watford are out of playoff contention now, so have nothing to play for. Annoyingly, so are Bournemouth, so we'll just have to rely on Kermogant's residual hatred for Millwall to do the job next weekend.
  • Options
    Birmingham playing Bolton last game of the season and Wigan Tuesday
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We huffed and puffed but too many stepovers from harriot too many flicky flicks from AA and Jordan Cousins played on the right, that trilogy of haplessness meant we would struggle against anyone.

Other results will keep us up I think Wigan need to get something at Brim and Leicester want 100 points against Doncaster
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    aliwibble said:

But at least Watford are out of playoff contention now, so have nothing to play for. Annoyingly, so are Bournemouth, so we'll just have to rely on Kermogant's residual hatred for Millwall to do the job next weekend.

And if Kermo scores we will see the reason for him being sold to Bournemouth. Yes, you don't think RD is so stupid now, do you? Haah....tactics!

• Options
    All season long we have been abysmal at set pieces. The opposition have just got to get the ball in our box and they will score. Harriott poor ball out for their 1st, Sordell lost it, but the biggest culprit was uncle Ben Hamer. It was a soft header and Hamer could've got across easily. He went down in instalments and then pretended to be injured when he got up. He basically undid the 3 pts he won us at Leeds with that today. Jackson, some captain, shirking responsibility for the pen and letting Sordell have it. I actually think he's been chasing shadows for a while now, and if he's not delivering with his set pieces, then I would rather AA, Cousins and Poyet as a 3 man midfield. 2nd goal, as said, we are shit at set pieces. Sordell took his goal well, and just when you think game on, pathetic mistake by Cousins to get caught for the 3rd. After that our shape went completely. Jackson went over to the left, AA and Poyet we're getting rings ran round them in the middle and the defence evaporated. We we're probably fortunate to only lose 3-1. I thought 1st half was okay, but slow start to 2nd half and missed pen, plus mistakes have done us. It's gone now. Monumental effort from everyone required on Tuesday. The best thing Riga can do is get them to put that game out of their minds straight away, a very light session on Monday and really give it all he can from a motivational point of view before Watford. Lots of encouragement needed from the fans on Tuesday. I know it's hard after that 2nd half, but we've all shown it this season we can dig in when going gets tough. Let's whip the boys up for a massive (final) Tuesday night game at the Valley.....

As our announcer said at the end 'keep the faith' fuck today it's gone. I still believe. COYR
  • Options
    We'll probably stay up by being marginally the least shitest but I hope the board have got a plan for next season. Fixing the pitch is great but if we faff about with the squad like in the last transfer window then next season will be just as woeful.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

aliwibble said:

And if Kermo scores we will see the reason for him being sold to Bournemouth. Yes, you don't think RD is so stupid now, do you? Haah....tactics!

I think you'll find I said this over a month ago...
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1779476/#Comment_1779476
    ;-)
  • Options
    PWR

If you gift a goal and miss a penalty what do you expect?
    I don't know who decided to let Marvin take the penalty, but it was the wrong decision, he was limping as he got ready for the pen, and it was a lame effort all right. Having said that Marvin was our second best player after Poyet and I wish he'd been playing like that all season.
    We tried, we huffed and puffed, but Blackburn had the physical and mental resilience that fell away from us as soon as Blackburn opened the scoring...I can only think that Hamer was blinded by the sun, and he should've converted that beard to a giant quiff to shade his eyes.
    We are still a tiring team at the end of matches, the introduction of Reza for Harriott weakened us, and only the arrival of Church introduced a bit of much needed energy far too late.
    We were well beaten by both ourselves and Blackburn and have absolutely no excuses at all, the irony is that even a draw would have been a good result.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

aliwibble said:

I think you'll find I said this over a month ago...
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1779476/#Comment_1779476
    ;-)
    ITK / CL elite?
  • Options
    Just naturally insightful :-)
  • Options

What a pile of sh*te that was.

Harriott is no better than a Sunday morning pub player.

Adjarevic is so unfit it isn't true. 30 minutes in him at best, never chases back and is just a bag full of tricks and flicks. Send him back ASAP.

A total rebuild needed to even think about competing next season.

We need a clear out on the scale of a couple of seasons ago.

We are so lucky that the other teams around us keep losing.

No passion or desire our there today.

Sodall's put in a good shift spoilt by his awful penalty.

How a tune can change over a few days

• Options
    We conceded a sloppy first goal, with Harriott giving the ball away, followed by a weak challenge on their cross and culminating with a feeble effort by Hamer, who managed to let a gentle flicked header creep in. We did pretty well in the first half but the missed penalty before the break meant we were always going to be facing an uphill task in the second half.

After we got it back to 2-1, it looked as if we might get back in it but Riga made some substitutions and pushed an additional man up front. As a result, Blackburn completely overloaded us in midfield and we were, quite frankly, lucky to get away with 3-1 in the end (especially when we went to 4-3-3 and had three static forwards watching from the halfway line). Riga's changes have generally worked but I'm afraid that these didn't. Just as well we didn't concede more, given how tight the goal difference was.

Blackburn are a decent, in-form side and I'm afraid that we looked a rag, tag and bobtail outfit at the end, with a number of heads going down.

All is not lost (thanks to Reading and Leeds, no thanks to Rosler) and hopefully we can get at least a point in Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know if our match will be televised?
  • Options

Anyone know if our match will be televised?

No I think the revolution is on that weekend and it will probably take precedence if I know anything about these things.
  • Options

And by the way I really hope that Wigan get knocked out of the playoff places the spineless bunch of twats.

Oh - just seen who they are playing next. Maybe I don't.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Poor subs by JR, should have replaced AA after 30mins with Wilson and moved Cousins to his best position, and taking off Harriot gave us no outlet Reza too slow and is never in front of his man to win the ball.
  • Options
    Here is where Riga is failing...we needed a point today which we were not set up for.....we were shocking shocking defensively. I don't understand a potential POTY being dropped for a player coming back from long term injury (although a good player in Solly). Some baffling decisions. Fox can be somewhat excused for a tentative performance and maybe a more experienced player needs to be there at this stage of the season.
  • Options

And by the way I really hope that Wigan get knocked out of the playoff places the spineless bunch of twats.

I hope they beat Brum though !!!

• Options
    Think we need to win on Tues.

Brum will beat Wigan IMO and Millwall will defo beat Bournemouth. Kermy might fancy it but the other 10 won't. They'll just want to get off the pitch in one piece
  • Options
    Mixed bag from fox - skinned twice but some lovely through balls.