Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham

Comments

• Options
    ct_addick said:

Tottenham fans must be breathing a sigh of relief. Plus the new WHL looks great.

Not if they've seen the season ticket prices for their new ground - apparently cheapest is £795!

The working man's game. LOL!
  • Options

ct_addick said:

Tottenham fans must be breathing a sigh of relief. Plus the new WHL looks great.

Not if they've seen the season ticket prices for their new ground - apparently cheapest is £795!

Would rule me out of attending to be honest.

• Options
    ct_addick said:

Spurs would have demolished the Olympic stadium and built a new ground though. I imagine it would have been like the new WHL stadium
  • Options

I’ve never either particularly liked or disliked West Ham as a football club but in this case I think their fans have really been royally fucked over by Gold and Sullivan. That, I think is a shame because even if you don’t like the happy hammers they are a proper football club. They don’t attract the plastics you get at Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Gold and Sullivan saw a once in a million year opportunity and went for its throat. They are true businessmen and ran rings around the public officials entrusted with getting a good deal for the taxpayer. ££££££££ was all they could see and everything else that made West Ham, West Ham, was cast aside.

The club is now in many respects destroyed and the two culprits will at some point walk away with their pockets stuffed.

Putting aside footballing rivalries what’s happened to them could just as easily have happened to us. I have no doubt that had G & S bought us instead of WHU we would now be looking at a stadium on the peninsula or flats around The Valley.

West Ham have been stuffed by greed and our local neighbours Millwall are also now at the mercy of developers. I’m not laughing at either.

It is happening at Dulwich Hamlet too.
  • Options
    And Neville Chamberlain declared 'peace for our time'.

That went well to.
  • Options

ct_addick said:

• Options

ct_addick said:

Spurs would have demolished the Olympic stadium and built a new ground though. I imagine it would have been like the new WHL stadium
    The transport links at the new WHL are horrendous - a new stadium at Stratford would have been a much better option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m pretty sure a spurs fan I know said he’s signed up for a five grand ticket. He can afford one if that is the price so I didn’t challenge the figure when he said he hadn’t mentioned it to the other boys
  • Options
    Addickted said:

And Neville Chamberlain declared 'peace for our time'.

That went well to.

Old Nev was a crafty old fox, he was playing for time, straight after this quote we ramped up our arms production cos he knew.....
    Just saying!
  • Options

ct_addick said:

Mind-boggling. The psychology of paying those kind of prices must make you furious when you don't get 'value for money'. That's probably why Arsenal fans got so moany.
  • Options
    Levy is a bstd
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The thing is id never pay a £1000 for a season ticket probably not even £500.
    But how many would of any club would of if was a brand new stadium in the premier league and your a top 6 side.
    Weve Just played at Peterborough which was £26 a ticket in the 3rd tier and not the best of grounds.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

The thing is id never pay a £1000 for a season ticket probably not even £500.
    But how many would of any club would of if was a brand new stadium in the premier league and your a top 6 side.
    Weve Just played at Peterborough which was £26 a ticket in the 3rd tier and not the best of grounds.

£175 adult season tickets are the way forward...
  • Options
    They'll still fill it, I don't get football.
  • Options

That's what I thought watching a bit of the Arsenal game yesterday and seeing a sea of empty seats. Those guys have payed a fortune for a season ticket and yet don't turn up themselves or lend their ST to someone else.

Or do Arsenal have a buy-back scheme?
  • Options

That's what I thought watching a bit of the Arsenal game yesterday and seeing a sea of empty seats. Those guys have payed a fortune for a season ticket and yet don't turn up themselves or lend their ST to someone else.

I know some who buy a ST between two and take it in turns to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought all the PL clubs in London filled their grounds with Charlton supporters, judging from the number at the West Ham match on Saturday!

I was thinking the same. A lot of comment about how terrible the stadium is and that W Ham are apparently in terminal decline and yet there appears to be loads of Charlton supporters there !
  • Options
    I hate what they have done to our game.
  • Options

It was Mother’s Day don’t forget.

A lot of their fans weren’t allowed to go yesterday because their mums said so.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

It was Mother’s Day don’t forget.

A lot of their fans weren’t allowed to go yesterday because their mums said so.
    Blud, that’s not right fam, you know what I’m sayin
  • Options
    Teams like Arsenal, Spurs etc have a huge waiting list for season ticket holders. People renew their tickets each season because they know if they give them up they will have no chance of buying one ever again. West Ham are benefitting from something similar in that they made the effort to sell a lot of season tickets for the taxpayers stadium last year and people renewed for this season just in case. Bradford, possibly (if they are still getting decent crowds, I haven’t checked) also benefit from that fear of missing out scenario. The trick is to sell the ground out first. In Bradford’s case they sold the tickets dirt cheap. Charlton should do the same. Extend the covered end £175 deal to the whole ground and really go all out to promote it. If sales start to gather momentum then there will probably be a lot of ’lapsed’ charlton fans that will buy tickets just in case they miss out. Of course, like Arsenal, if the team doesn’t deliver then whether all those season ticket holders turn up or. It is another matter.
  • Options

It’s a scandal really

Interesting looking at some of the most expensive season tickets and match tickets. I guess they only sell season tickets in the cheaper areas? Cheapest probably include kids.