Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham

Comments

• Options
    If they lose by 4 goals vs Liverpool tomorrow (which is their game in hand) they go into the bottom 3 too
  • Options
    I actually dislike West Ham more than the Surrey stripey ones. I have the misfortune of knowing a lot of their supporters and find them all complete tossers when it comes to anything football, with some sense of entitlement that they should be a top 4 club.

I for one will be VERY smug when they take the drop in May..................
  • Options
    If you've time to spare have a look at the KUMB forum. Really amused me. The fans seem to have woken up to the fact they are stuck in a soulless bowl. Big protests planned 😂😂😂
    I haven't been on their forum and dont know much about their ground situation.

But is Upton Park still standing and could they potentially return there one day if there fans persuade maybe not these owners but future owners maybe
  • Options
    The women's team weren't allowed to train at the training ground not so long ago. Proper grass roots stuff on a side of the road. Don't know if that's changed. Not sure what Brady, champion of all women makes of that one.
  • Options
    Looking at that list, I'd say 1 point in a home draw with Brighton, but really can't see past that..............

• Options
    If you've time to spare have a look at the KUMB forum. Really amused me. The fans seem to have woken up to the fact they are stuck in a soulless bowl. Big protests planned 😂😂😂

But is Upton Park still standing and could they potentially return there one day if there fans persuade maybe not these owners but future owners maybe
    Demolished in 2016, now a block of flats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6160449/amp/Pictured-112-years-history-reduced-block-flats-Upton-Park-transformed.html
  • Options

Upton Park has long since gone

I was sad to see it go, both as a proper football ground but also as one of our temporary homes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at that list, I'd say 1 point in a home draw with Brighton, but really can't see past that..............

That Brighton game is a real 6 pointer. Brighton have the week off to prepare, whereas West Ham play Liverpool tomorrow...
  • Options

Demolished in 2016, now a block of flats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6160449/amp/Pictured-112-years-history-reduced-block-flats-Upton-Park-transformed.html
    So that's zero chance of returning then
  • Options
    To be fair their fans will expect to pick up a few points from the fixtures they have coming up:

Liverpool (H)
    Brighton (H)
    Man City (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Chelsea (H)

A "few" being the operative word!
    That's a very hard run of games wouldn't be surprised if they only get 6 points out of that, which would surely see them in bottom 3 with a crap goal difference. Pleased they never called Cullen back, but him and Diagana from West Brom would've improved them i think.
  • Options
    I was just trying to count the number of fucks I do not give about West Ham...    Nope, none at all!

Derserve all they get.
    So you do give all the fucks?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Karma. Good. Scummy little club.

Their fans should have got going sooner instead of larging it at their massive new capacity and brilliant deal for the club.
    Exactly, not to mention persecuting those few fans who spoke up at the time. One of the most prominent was a woman, too. I met her at one of the Supporters Direct annual events at Wembley, she was being harassed there by some lawyer, among others, who also thought he would ambush us as we made our presentation on the Stadium deal. Trouble is, to ambush someone in those circumstances you have to have a superior set of facts. He didn’t. Kept asking us what our “end game” was. Perfectly obvious, and consistent,  they cough up more, we taxpayers less. 

WHUISA are Ok, but they have suffered a lot of harassment, with Brady’s apparent knowledge, if not approval.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to own a football club , of course they're run badly but do our new owners think with less support , cheaper tickets and a ground that isn't a freebie we'll have a better chance at making money than the appy ammers
  • Options
    clive said:

West Ham United say staying in the Premier League is "an absolute necessity" after posting financial losses of £27.26m.

Despite spending more than £130m on transfers, and £214.4m in the last four years, they are only above the Premier League drop zone on goal difference.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51277627?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/london&link_location=live-reporting-story

Oh blimey! What a shame. Is there anything us council tax payers can do to help out? Perhaps we can pay more to help them out. 

Seriously, I live in the area and travel on the same trains as their fans when we’re both at home. They’ve been full of it since they got their ‘free’ stadium and see themselves as a top four side. I’m sure some have different views, but they’re drowned out and possibly swayed by the more vocal element. Love to see em relegated, but I bet they survive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get the feeling it may all kick off there tomorrow if it's a heavy defeat.

Talk of lots of Scousers getting tickets in the home areas.
  • Options
    Don’t really have any beef with West Ham. Never been a close rival and helped us out when we escaped Shithurst Park. Always been well supported and on the scum register they are nowhere near Millwall. Gold and Sullivan have lined their pockets and stuffed the supporters. I have quite a lot of sympathy. 
  • Options
    I seem to have ended up in the middle of a bit of Twitter debate on this. Have called you in as the cavalry @PragueAddick!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I seem to have ended up in the middle of a bit of Twitter debate on this. Have called you in as the cavalry @PragueAddick!
    :) Got to pop out to a community meet for a couple of hours, but that'll ensure the cavalry will be in no mood to take prisoners...will have a quick look now

Edit..that's not much of a debate :smile: ...yet...I've just chucked in a grenade or two to liven it up :-)
  • Options
    Used to work with a west ham fan, lovely bloke, old school football fan and had a soft spot for Charlton. Remember talking about the OS and he wasn't keen, despite the promises by Gold and Sullivan re improving the team. That went well! Upton Park was such a great ground, with history, and he didn't want to leave. I sympathise with the fans a little, but the majority of fans wanted this and bought into it - whether they were conned is another matter. This uprising is more about poor results. If they were top 6 no one would be complaining about a lack of pie and mash shops on the walk to the ground! As Roger Johnson might say "if you don't like it..."
  • Options
    I’d love to see them drop and stay out of the Premier League for a few seasons.