Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Comfortable 2-0 win for Liverpool tonight. Saturday against Brighton is a must win for them a bit like our game against Barnsley
    Bloody Liverpool. Only needed to score another goal & the bubbles blowers would have been in the bottom 3.
  • Options
    Comfortable 2-0 win for Liverpool tonight. Saturday against Brighton is a must win for them a bit like our game against Barnsley
    Bloody Liverpool. Only needed to score another goal & the bubbles blowers would have been in the bottom 3.
    Would have needed 2 more actually.
    1 more they would have been 17th on goals scored.
  • Options
    Would have needed 2 more actually.
    1 more they would have been 17th on goals scored.
    Or as David Gold would say, joint 4th
  • Options
    they are in serious trouble .. useless manager, but he presumably came cheap, making a pigs ear of 'managing' a useless squad
  • Options
    TalkSPORT last night .. I know this is a station that picks its callers to suit its opinions .. BUT .. 3 separate callers, all sounded youngish, opined that they would be happy to get relegated if it was guaranteed that Gold, Sullivan and Brady sold up and pushed off.

All said that the owners had put in the money but still tried to do things 'on the cheap' and whoever okayed the player signings was a halfwit, corrupt, blind or all three.

Bit like Ashley said about his ownership of the Geordies .. I paraphrase .. 'I am a rich man but I am competing with countries let alone multi million or billionaires'
  • Options
    The highly competent Kieran Maguire (price of Football) has had a chat with KUMB on their latest financial numbers. 24 mins, but well worth a listen. I have pointed out to him that he didn't remind listeners of the taxpayer contribution to profit (well there isn't any profit), but its a great summary. Only other thing I disagreed with is his apparent belief that they will still sell out home games in the Championship. Really?
  • Options
    The highly competent Kieran Maguire (price of Football) has had a chat with KUMB on their latest financial numbers. 24 mins, but well worth a listen. I have pointed out to him that he didn't remind listeners of the taxpayer contribution to profit (well there isn't any profit), but its a great summary. Only other thing I disagreed with is his apparent belief that they will still sell out home games in the Championship. Really?
    They may do better than most clubs in their first year down due to groundhoppers and 92ers, after that I think their gates will drop like a stone.
  • Options

No chance of selling out in the Championship - that's madness.

If they go down then the fan backlash will be massive.
  • Options
    There is no way that West Ham would sell out a 60,000 stadium for a normal championship game - no chance at all.

The away support allocation falls away dramatically, and all of those dyed in the wool hammers fans, will soon start to find other ways to amuse themselves on a Saturday, when the fixture list brings up the likes of Hull, Bristol City and maybe even Wycombe Wanderers!

I would suspect that similar to ourselves and Fulham in the PL, the current 60,000 whom attend the West Ham home games, would contain a large section of general football fans, that like to watch PL football in London.
  • Options
    They’ll average over 40k in the second tier with sensible pricing and then if they’re in there for any period of time back in to the 30k + bracket 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They wouldn't sell out  at all, maybe some end of season games if they were going for the title, maybe Leeds if they gave Leeds a 10k away allocation, and i'm sure every tom, dick and harry would come out for the Millwall game. But that would almost certainly be a 12 Sunday kick off.
  • Options
    A London club with 40k attendances in The Championship. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Options
    no chance would they average 40k in the champ, even giving tickets away
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    They wouldn't sell out  at all, maybe some end of season games if they were going for the title, maybe Leeds if they gave Leeds a 10k away allocation, and i'm sure every tom, dick and harry would come out for the Millwall game. But that would almost certainly be a 12 Sunday kick off.
    Fuck knows how you police a West Ham Millwall game at that stadium, would be near enough impossible to avoid trouble with the staggered walk back through Westfields!