Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• I actually think Harris could be in danger of getting the chop but not because of the fans but the owner, he’s been allowed to break the club record twice in the summer window in what I’m assuming was an attempt to go one further than last season. And owners are more fickle than supporters right? Can see the owner sweetening the fans with something along the lines of “the manger will take us to the next level” etc which is a fairly popular approach in the modern game.

JB and King Harris have a very good working relationship and the mutual respect they have for each other is something they are very proud of.

Harris wont be going anywhere any time soon. I don't even believe the thought would enter JB's head if we were relegated.

I'd certainly want Harris to stay. Not to mention all of those people I spoke about in my 'never mentioned canvassing' post that was highlighted. Can't forget those.
    You could well be right, but as I said owners are more fickle than the fans. (Raneiri at Leicester to name one example)
    If say come January you’re sitting 23rd and the right replacement is available you can never say never.
    You're right, there's always a chance. No matter how slim.

We'd have to have been completely uncompetitive in most of our matches for that to come to fruition, but it's not completely inconceivable. I just can't see us getting to that point.

I do like to think of JB as being a damn sight more loyal than most chairmen out there and believe his record shows that (despite the best efforts of Coco and Lomas to change that).
  • Another defeat and into the bottom 3 they go.
  • Wonderful news. Off for a celebratory pint.
  • I actually think Harris could be in danger of getting the chop but not because of the fans but the owner, he’s been allowed to break the club record twice in the summer window in what I’m assuming was an attempt to go one further than last season. And owners are more fickle than supporters right? Can see the owner sweetening the fans with something along the lines of “the manger will take us to the next level” etc which is a fairly popular approach in the modern game.

JB and King Harris have a very good working relationship and the mutual respect they have for each other is something they are very proud of.

Harris wont be going anywhere any time soon. I don't even believe the thought would enter JB's head if we were relegated.

I'd certainly want Harris to stay. Not to mention all of those people I spoke about in my 'never mentioned canvassing' post that was highlighted. Can't forget those.
    You could well be right, but as I said owners are more fickle than the fans. (Raneiri at Leicester to name one example)
    If say come January you’re sitting 23rd and the right replacement is available you can never say never.
    You're right, there's always a chance. No matter how slim.

We'd have to have been completely uncompetitive in most of our matches for that to come to fruition, but it's not completely inconceivable. I just can't see us getting to that point.

I do like to think of JB as being a damn sight more loyal than most chairmen out there and believe his record shows that (despite the best efforts of Coco and Lomas to change that).
    JB is certainly more loyal than the fans are ;0)

By all accounts Millwall did pretty well for a lot of their match today. The Hawthorns is not easy place to go.

Don’t think Harris has to worry too much for the time being. Bottom three at Christmas and the calls from the toolbox will start to come. Long way to go before then though.

• Thing is, Millwall have over performed for a couple of seasons now. Teams have sussed out their style, which is a bit like their fanbase,..basic.
    I see a tough season ahead for them - they are lucky to have a chairman like JB - lets see what comes up next !
  • Next four look mixed points wise.

Sheffield Utd. H
    Nottingham Forest A
    Aston Villa H
    Reading A

I think five points from that would be a decent return under the circumstances.
    Millwall usually perform better at home against the bigger clubs so I can see at least one win in there.

How can I apologise enough? I am so sorry for suggesting you were canvassing opinions from fellow fans. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Just out of interest, how do you gather views of the many?
  • I think losing saville has hurt them more than they thought. Also Hutchinson is injured at the moment and he is a big player for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think they will stay up. Still think Harris has built a really solid spirit down there and is doing a good job. Maybe they are getting found out a little (second season syndrome type thing), but I reckon the momentum they’ve built over the last few years is enough

It’s such a tough league now. Go down the fixtures and try and pick teams to win if you were doing an acca, it’s an absolute mare. You have teams that enviably start to show form, but so many games at the moment are so hard to call

They could lose or beat Sheff Utd, Forest away isn’t that daunting. Villa at home will bring out their siege mentality and Reading aren’t who they were a few years ago
  • Millwall's problems are more long term. The team were promoted with the players on decent division one contracts. After a very good Championship season the agents start to promise silly money to their better players and heads get turned inside out. JB already loses +7 million a year (but not this year thanks to Saville) and may have to bump up the wage bill to keep everyone happy. It's all bonkers as average players are way overpaid in general.
    The short term problem is playing the long ball game with not very good strikers. Other teams are more likely to suss out the tactics now and Morison especially will need replacing sooner rater than later. Harris has done well choosing his players so far but it gets harder as you go up the leagues, especially if funds are limited.
    I wonder if Rotherham have the same type of problem?
  • To be fair, the Spanners I spoke to last week were expecting a tonking at the Hawthorns so 2-0 is pretty respectable.
  • rananegra said:

To be fair, the Spanners I spoke to last week were expecting a tonking at the Hawthorns so 2-0 is pretty respectable.

They expect a tonking most games - its just their defence mechanism kicking in. Allows them to give a big 'un when they dont.
  • May I politely suggest that those getting all excited just take a few moments to look back at the comments between September and December last year (around page 97, I believe).

Take stock and don't make the same mistakes again.
  • May I politely suggest that those getting all excited just take a few moments to look back at the comments between September and December last year (around page 97, I believe).

Take stock and don't make the same mistakes again.

Make you right.
  • if you thought arsenal fan tv was bad have a glance at lions tv after a defeat
  • if you thought arsenal fan tv was bad have a glance at lions tv after a defeat

Or CL after a defeat.

In fact, football fans in general. After a defeat, of course.
  • Sponsored links:

Or CL after a defeat.

Can't argue with you there.

Or CL after a defeat.

Can you bugger off? You're making far too much sense and are way too rational for a spanner. You're ruining the stereotype...

Or CL after a defeat.

Yeah but we won 2-1 this weekend and you lot lost so was quite humorous at least let us enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Millwall's problems are more long term. The team were promoted with the players on decent division one contracts. After a very good Championship season the agents start to promise silly money to their better players and heads get turned inside out. JB already loses +7 million a year (but not this year thanks to Saville) and may have to bump up the wage bill to keep everyone happy. It's all bonkers as average players are way overpaid in general.
    The short term problem is playing the long ball game with not very good strikers. Other teams are more likely to suss out the tactics now and Morison especially will need replacing sooner rater than later. Harris has done well choosing his players so far but it gets harder as you go up the leagues, especially if funds are limited.
    I wonder if Rotherham have the same type of problem?

See above!

Sheffield Utd. H
    Nottingham Forest A
    Aston Villa H
    Reading A

Millwall usually perform better at home against the bigger clubs so I can see at least one win in there.

Charlton Life, the best place on the internet for all your Millwall related analysis. And people question why BBW and I come on here!

Is it because you’re sad ?

;0)

Or CL after a defeat.

Yeah but we won 2-1 this weekend and you lot lost so was quite humorous at least let us enjoy it while it lasts.
    I'm just trying to quell the short term enjoyment so that the longer term pain is easier to endure :wink:

Sheffield Utd. H
    Nottingham Forest A
    Aston Villa H
    Reading A

Charlton Life, the best place on the internet for all your Millwall related analysis. And people question why BBW and I come on here!

It’s quite similar to twitter, if you check the #CAFC hash tag after a heavy defeat, protest, or just generally some bad news, you’ll see 1000s of tweets saying we don’t care about this team whose timeline we’ve filled up..
  • Another defeat........2nd bottom now.