Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Is 1 - 0 away to Forest such a bad result ?

Yeah. Forest just about escaped relegation last season and from the little I know, they've hardly set the world on fire this transfer window.

I'd have picked Forest to finish in the bottom half again this season.
  • Oh to be that shit , cheers Roly you can't pull the wool over my eyes you fuckwit
  • The treble bet could happen a few times this season palace and millwall lose and we win, gonna put a quid on it every week
  • The treble bet could happen a few times this season palace and millwall lose and we win, gonna put a quid on it every week

Good shout that is.

As you have threatened to buy Clive and me drinks on the hundreds of £'s we have saved you, this might be your thank you!

I'm so poor at betting I bet on the hare once and I stil lost. I'm gonna do £2 every week on this.
  • That will probably be there biggest away attendance of the season, lets see how many go to there latter games when there hopefully relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on, I thought we'd have learned that this thread rarely ends well :wink:

By all accounts it was only poor finishing and a dubiously disallowed goal that saw all of the spoils go to Forest.

We'll upset our fair share of teams this season and, I believe, we'll survive. Not by much, but we'll survive.
  • Come on, I thought we'd have learned that this thread rarely ends well :wink:

I thought you'd have learned that this thread never ends.
  • We all know they'll stay up , just like we knew they'd go up , jammy spawny , filthy scum runts
  • Sounds like Millwall play a very attractive brand of football by all accounts. Should light up the championship and receive lots of praise from the pundits.

That's enough of that conchie talk.

• edited August 2017

Sounds like Millwall play a very attractive brand of football by all accounts. Should light up the championship and receive lots of praise from the pundits.

We try to play to our strengths. It doesn't always work. Not sure why you're too bothered by it. I know we're not.

Do pundits and their praise determine the outcomes of matches and the awarding of points, then? That said, I'm sure we'll get more than our fair share of praise from certain quarters for our dogged and determined spirit, as well as our organisation for a team that isn't able to compete financially with 99% of the division :wink:
  • Sounds like Millwall play a very attractive brand of football by all accounts. Should light up the championship and receive lots of praise from the pundits.

We try to play to our strengths. It doesn't always work. Not sure why you're too bothered by it. I know we're not.

Do pundits and their praise determine the outcomes of matches and the awarding of points, then? That said, I'm sure we'll get more than our fair share of praise from certain quarters for our dogged and determined spirit, as well as our organisation for a team that isn't able to compete financially with 99% of the division :wink:
    Long ball, hoof ball, is a choice not a requirement. It's not what most fans want their team to play and I don't believe otherwise. If Harris wanted to set his teams up differently then he would but he doesn't. The question is why ? You played it in league one and he'll not change it in The Championship. My guess is because he isn't a good enough coach to do so.

Yes it's effective in some games up to a point but it's just like your club. Ugly.
  • If Charlton have to play hoof ball to get promoted I would take that. Personally I like to see the quick passing game. It is all about getting promoted though.
  • Not getting drawn into the merits or not of long ball but I will say that it's the worst style to watch and any coach worth his salt would shy away from it. The proof for Harris will be if he has the nous to change it. He's been in the game long enough to know its shite.
  • Sponsored links:

Long ball, hoof ball, is a choice not a requirement. It's not what most fans want their team to play and I don't believe otherwise. If Harris wanted to set his teams up differently then he would but he doesn't. The question is why ? You played it in league one and he'll not change it in The Championship. My guess is because he isn't a good enough coach to do so.

Yes it's effective in some games up to a point but it's just like your club. Ugly.
    You sound more bothered by it than both us and Banstead. Quite remarkable really.

Harris got us out of this division so I'll leave the team tactics to him and will place my trust in him as opposed to a grumpy, jealous man on the internet :wink:

but it's just like your club. Ugly.

Hark at George Clooney.

You sound more bothered by it than both us and Banstead. Quite remarkable really.

Harris got us out of this division so I'll leave the team tactics to him and will place my trust in him as opposed to a grumpy, jealous man on the internet :wink:
    Grumpy yes. Jealous no.

As for you lot not being bothered. Give it until your in the bottom three at Christmas.

• Not getting drawn into the merits or not of long ball but I will say that it's the worst style to watch and any coach worth his salt would shy away from it. The proof for Harris will be if he has the nous to change it. He's been in the game long enough to know its shite.

George Graham and Arsenal.

Not forgetting the old Crazy Gang :smiley:

Grumpy yes. Jealous no.

As for you lot not being bothered. Give it until your in the bottom three at Christmas.

If we're in the bottom three at Christmas then so be it. So long as we're giving it a go I'll be happy..

It'll be a great squad for League One next season, though, won't it? :smile:
  • They may be followed by more dicks than your average club but they are a league above and have a better chance than us at being in the Championship next season and they are already guaranteed to finish above us this season.

Shameful times to be below the pondlife , thanks Roly
  • They may be followed by more dicks than your average club but they are a league above and have a better chance than us at being in the Championship next season and they are already guaranteed to finish above us this season.

Shameful times to be below the pondlife , thanks Roly

I think you've made some good signings so far and should be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Just needs your fans to unite behind the club and get yourselves down to the Valley and match the ambition of your owners :smile::wink:
  • If we all matched the ambition of our owner, no-one would show up since 1892 or whenever it was when Roland last bothered to catch a Charlton match.
  • edited August 2017

If we all matched the ambition of our owner, no-one would show up since 1892 or whenever it was when Roland last bothered to catch a Charlton match.

I'm led to believe that he has his own personal beam back service. He's a busy man but still finds time to tune in every week. That's commitment for you.
  • If we all matched the ambition of our owner, no-one would show up since 1892 or whenever it was when Roland last bothered to catch a Charlton match.

I'm led to believe that he has his own personal beam back service. He's a busy man but still finds time to tune in every week. That's commitment for you.
    Stop your fishing BBW :wink: