Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• What do you call a Charlton Life - forum rape!
  • rumours please.

or smut.
  • christ I hope we get delort (his dad) (christs dad) (not delorts)
  • What do you call a Charlton Life - forum rape!

Good gear is it??
  • Work with an Ipswich Supporter and left the charlton life page up, doh! - Funniest thing is my name is Colin!

Cheers Colin
  • Work with an Ipswich Supporter and left the charlton life page up, doh! - Funniest thing is my name is Colin!

That old chestnut eh? ;)
  • Addicted said:

What does everyone feel that we need as a priority?

For me 2 strikers, at least 1 of which will have a decent goal scoring record (even if it's lower division) and the other must be a unit who offers something else.

2 wingers at least, 1 of whom is proven to some extent and perhaps a promising youngster from lower leagues.

1 CM who has the ability to create

Other signings will depend on contract renewals after that.

Going back and saw this think we got that covered

2 strikers George and Igor
    a Unit in Bikey
    2 Wingers Gudmundsson and Moussa
    CM who can create Buyens

so TBH and Henderson are extra plus anyone else that comes in
  • McCarthy is one of the best managers outside the Premier League if you ask me. Took Sunderland and Wolves up.
  • McCarthy is one of the best managers outside the Premier League if you ask me. Took Sunderland and Wolves up.

And straight back down....
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted said:

For me 2 strikers, at least 1 of which will have a decent goal scoring record (even if it's lower division) and the other must be a unit who offers something else.

2 wingers at least, 1 of whom is proven to some extent and perhaps a promising youngster from lower leagues.

a Unit in Bikey
    CM who can create Buyens

We still do not have an attacking midfielder/playmaker , somebody who can make chances through the middle-ie a better version of Stephens, so that gap is still to be filled. Only Vetokele looks good enough up front, so one more striker as well. Then I think the squad will be solid.
  • Southbank said:

Addicted said:

a Unit in Bikey
    CM who can create Buyens

We still do not have an attacking midfielder/playmaker , somebody who can make chances through the middle-ie a better version of Stephens, so that gap is still to be filled. Only Vetokele looks good enough up front, so one more striker as well. Then I think the squad will be solid.
    I was not saying what we have brought in is enough, I said it ticked all the boxes the above person had asked for
  • Thanks David Sheepshanks
  • ffs!

Just trawled through almost a page about bloody Ipswich!

This is the RUMOURS thread!!!!
  • So come on then Atheltico Charlton its head above the parapet time.

In my opinion there's nothing worse than some smart a*se banging on that he is 'in the know' and then running for cover when something substantial rears up.

Delort and Traore - there's enough speculation around for you at least to say whether these are the 2 names in the frame from your perspective !!!
  • edited August 2014
    I no this will get a thanks Colin, But this has just come up on Sky Sports Transfer Centre:

Charlton Athletic boss Bob Peeters hopes there is still a deal to be done for Andy Delort as he pursues further fresh faces. Tours striker Delort has agreed a five-year deal at The Valley but has seen Charlton struggle to reach an agreement with his current employers.
  • also on sky sports transfer centre:

Leeds have completed the signing of a proven goalscorer in the form of Billy Sharp. He has penned a two-year deal at Elland Road after making a move from Southampton.

@LUFC
    DONE DEAL: We can now confirm the signing of Southampton striker Billy Sharp on a 2-year deal #lufc http://t.co/1Pu70YO1Bq

In my opinion there's nothing worse than some smart a*se banging on that he is 'in the know' and then running for cover when something substantial rears up.

Delort and Traore - there's enough speculation around for you at least to say whether these are the 2 names in the frame from your perspective !!!

He has already confirmed Delort was
  • also on sky sports transfer centre:

Leeds have completed the signing of a proven goalscorer in the form of Billy Sharp. He has penned a two-year deal at Elland Road after making a move from Southampton.

@LUFC
    DONE DEAL: We can now confirm the signing of Southampton striker Billy Sharp on a 2-year deal #lufc http://t.co/1Pu70YO1Bq

Saw this earlier that Southampton had accepted the bid from Leeds... Not a bad signing made by them but has gone off the boil with his recent moves
  • Sponsored links:

• He has already confirmed Delort was

Apologies on that one then.. I must have missed that post amongst the thousands of others..
  • Billy Sharp was pony for Doncaster last season.

He has already confirmed Delort was
    Wrong username. :-) Atletico Addick!

Delort was, the other I'm not going to say but from a backseat it seems this Delort saga is where we have our sights set and is overshadowing anything else, especially with the reported fees. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow r.e. the other, might well be nothing.
  • Deal is done.

But they're not sure where scarffy has gone.
  • Didn't Tommy smith score against us on Saturday? :)
  • I'd haven taken Sharp over Delort right now.....but ask me again at Christmas....?
  • @niloc reggirt
    Andy Delort transfer to English lique 2 club chalton to be confirmed by Tours club on Thursday AM
  • Who is the tweeter?

And straight back down....
    Yeah, fair enough, that's kind of my point isn't it.
  • PopIcon said:

Billy Sharp was pony for Doncaster last season.

What about for Reading? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!