Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

DeCamargo coming in? 6 ft 2 Standard Liege striker. First name is Igor which must be a good sign.

@iMacTof: Jonathan Viera serait le 10ème transferts du Standard si il se fait. Serais ce au tour de DeCamargo de rejoindre Charlton ? #mercato #rscl

iMacTof Jonathan Viera would be the 10th Standard transfers if it is done . Would it turn to DeCamargo joining Charlton ? #mercato #rscl

Saves us thinking up a new song : - )
    Great, a song that already sounds ridiculously like Eagles could now have an 'S' on the end. Just what we need ;)
  • Options

We will have someone in today or tomorrow, don't worry about that

That's you and Ketts confident that someone will sign tomorrow, if we had not had so many false alarms, you could easily get excited
  • Options
    edited August 2014

De Carmargo was absolutely shocking for Standard against Zenit.

Personally think it will be someone we haven't heard mentioned.

Was about the mention the fact he looked terrible against Zenit, although doubt he will come up against that type of quality in the championship.
    Of course he won't, hopefully he'll be playing for us not against us :-)
  • Options
    I like false alarms
  • Options
    Why not today?
  • Options
    I asked a Belgian journo on twitter about Viera being loaned to us..

He said there is no way that Standard would spend the amount they are about to spend on him and then loan him out
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That's you and Ketts confident that someone will sign tomorrow, if we had not had so many false alarms, you could easily get excited
    Where has Ketts said this?
  • Options
    Has viera signed for wigan yet?
  • Options
    Could John Guidetti be in our wages budget? Heard he was going for £1.5m
  • Options
    Scoham said:

ross1 said:

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

(14 hours ago) Ketts said:

Thought Church's introduction was more to do with how poor Tucudean was today Steve tbh.

Bob may have to re-think his zonal marking strategy, two goals conceded to free headers at corners is little short of criminal.

Recruitment wise, busy-ness continues. Bulot is expected to be followed by a striker or two.

The positive news is we didn't play particularly well but still came within seconds of winning at a tough opponent. We do need someone to add some firepower, it's unfair to expect Igor to carry the entire goal scoring load
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to ask this, but is delort now definitely a wigan player?
  • Options

Sorry to ask this, but is delort now definitely a wigan player?

Nope
  • Options

@iMacTof: Jonathan Viera serait le 10ème transferts du Standard si il se fait. Serais ce au tour de DeCamargo de rejoindre Charlton ? #mercato #rscl

iMacTof Jonathan Viera would be the 10th Standard transfers if it is done . Would it turn to DeCamargo joining Charlton ? #mercato #rscl

Would be totally consistent with Roland's business model - not one to leave resources around gathering dust. Look at Tucudean - didn't fit in at Standard - loaned back to Roumania for a year before being transferred to Charlton. Any other highly paid resources sitting around in the network are likely to be moved where they reduce costs - and that might include Charlton players as well.

• Options

Funny you should mention him, I was thinking if we didn't sign anyone he'd be a good prem player to get in on loan, if all else fails
  • Options
    He has been at PSV and Stoke the last couple of years I'd be very surprised if they would loan him to the Champ.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Funny you should mention him, I was thinking if we didn't sign anyone he'd be a good prem player to get in on loan, if all else fails
    Guidetti is on about 30-50k a week at City... may be slightly out of our price range
  • Options
    Following the business model - I wouldn't be too surprised if we were to see this guy at the Valley at some time in the future

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Watt
  • Options
    If we can I'd love to get Guidetti, even on loan, you don't score 20 in Eredivisie without talent.
  • Options
    vff said:

Scoham said:

ross1 said:

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

(14 hours ago) Ketts said:

Thought Church's introduction was more to do with how poor Tucudean was today Steve tbh.

Bob may have to re-think his zonal marking strategy, two goals conceded to free headers at corners is little short of criminal.

Recruitment wise, busy-ness continues. Bulot is expected to be followed by a striker or two.

The positive news is we didn't play particularly well but still came within seconds of winning at a tough opponent. We do need someone to add some firepower, it's unfair to expect Igor to carry the entire goal scoring load
    Interesting he says a striker or two, would be great to bring in cover/competition for Igor and a more powerful targetman type that can play a bit (like Yann) as competition for Tucudean.
  • Options

If we can I'd love to get Guidetti, even on loan, you don't score 20 in Eredivisie without talent.

Have you ever seen Mateja Kezman play?

105 goals in 122 games for PSV. 4 in 35 for Chelsea.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kjartansson Kjartansson Kjartansson!
  • Options

Either that was a lucky guess or you're hearing the same whispers as me.

• Options

Yes please.
  • Options

So is this now a legit rumour? With genuine foundation and whatnot..?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014

I bet you want a cherry on top of that as well !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viðar_Örn_Kjartansson

Pretty good goal scoring stats, if that is the correct player.
  • Options
    vff said:

I bet you want a cherry on top of that as well !
    Kermorgant??..
  • Options

Yes please.
    Looking at the Youtube, a fair few were penalties and most of the rest poor defending. Looks a bit lightweight and unlikely to be better than Reza. We need someone to rough up defenders to give Igor chances and chip in with a few.
  • Options

Yes please.
    Looking at the Youtube, a fair few were penalties and most of the rest poor defending. Looks a bit lightweight and unlikely to be better than Reza. We need someone to rough up defenders to give Igor chances and chip in with a few.
    Reminded me a bit of Piotr's video, goals you'd expect him to score while in plenty of space.

Searching for him on Twitter it does look like he's expected to leave, even though he played yesterday.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/vidhar-orn-kjartansson/33200/

Esben Aasen ‏@e_aasen 18h
    Et Vålerenga uten Kjartansson denne sesongen...spent på hvor de hadde vært på tabellen. Hvertfall ikke på øvre halvdel. #2fx #Cmore

Esben Aasen e_aasen 18h
    A Vålerenga without Kjartansson this season ... excited about where they had been on the table . At least not in the top half . # 2FX #Cmore
  • Options
    Would be a gamble I think. Not costing much and parallels with Tucadean.
  • Options

Would be a gamble I think. Not costing much and parallels with Tucadean.

If this is an actual rumour with substance now (can someone "ITK" confirm) if big bob judges it as a good signing I have to agree, just look at Igor.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!