Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Worried about who we are gonna get, today showed how much of a one man team we are now
  • Options
    @jamiephill: Bob Peeters not expecting a flurry of activity on Monday. "We must put our faith in the squad we have" #cafc
  • Options
    So we've gone from needing two more to getting one and calling it a day?? I'll be dissapointed if that's us done . If igor gets injured where in trouble up front
  • Options
    We just need 1 striker Roland! We were in for Delort so we must have some money.

We must have a back up plan surely?
  • Options
    Let us hope, he is doing a Powell over Fuller again
  • Options
    I think the definition of 'flurry' is key
  • Options
    Chris Wood?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Peeters said we would be very busy on a Monday on Thursday ???

It's not Monday yet! Wait and see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Peeters said we would be very busy on a Monday on Thursday ???

When he did say that ? Wishful thinking, I think. I will be surprised to see a quality striker to partner Vetekele arrive.
  • Options

Chris Wood?

Hopefully he's a possibility, Leicester are meant to have put in a big money bid for David McGoldrick. If that goes through we may go for Wood, what's his price range?

I know transfer markt value him at around 1mill similar to Delort
  • Options
    Always got the English loan market if need be...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    canny wait for monday!

• Options
    I cant see us signing Chris Wood... Wolves didn't sign him due to his wage demands so cant see us affording them
  • Options
    Chris Wood is definitely my choice, trouble is he might be going to Ipswich as part of the McGoldrick deal.
  • Options
    So Baldock is a no, Delort looks like a no, Wood seems unlikely. So who is left realistically? Bob needs to pull another Vetekole out of his hat.
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

I cant see us signing Chris Wood... Wolves didn't sign him due to his wage demands so cant see us affording them

Fair enough, I thought he didn't want to join Wolves because he wanted to fight for his place in the team.
  • Options

TravHouse said:

Fair enough, I thought he didn't want to join Wolves because he wanted to fight for his place in the team.
    I've got a few mates who support Wolves who described his wage demands as "Ridiculous"
  • Options
    I've heard a couple things about Chris Wood and apparently he really really rates himself. Up his own arse you might say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Fulham have apparently just bid 500k for Matt Smith from Leeds...

Always thought he was a decent player and at 500k that's a decent price... Smith and Vetokele could be deadly
  • Options
    I'm confident Roland will pull something off. If not Church and George both provided an assist each today so our current strikers are contributing

What happened to Borges?
  • Options

I'm confident Roland will pull something off. If not Church and George both provided an assist each today so our current strikers are contributing

What happened to Borges?

Wasn't interested in playing in the championship.
  • Options
    Talal said:

TravHouse said:

Kristof Terreur
    @HLNinEngeland Jelle Vossen will join Middlesbrough on loan with option to buy. #boro

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1285/Jupiler-Pro-League/article/detail/2022424/2014/08/30/Middlesbrough-huurt-Vossen-een-jaar-van-Genk.dhtml

translated...

Jelle Vossen gets his dreamed-of transfer to Middlesbrough. The attacker is leased to the English second division side for one year with option to purchase. The 25-year-old attacker played since 2006 for Racing Genk, which hired him in the 2009-2010 season to Cercle Brugge.

Also on Mboyo they need at Genk for a while no longer count. The striker brother of Foxes ran a muscle tear and is for a fixed term from rotation

Dodgy translation. No one, absolutely no one, dreams of a move to Middlesbrough.
    Unless they're nightmares
  • Options
    Wood should definitely be looked into at least, if we're sticking with 2 upfront him and Vetokele could be absolutely lethal. Imagine someone would outpay us though.
  • Options
    Who was the other player we were supposedly interested in a few weeks back? I know AA said two players and was later tricked into confirming that Delort was one but it'd be interesting to know who the other was...
  • Options

Who was the other player we were supposedly interested in a few weeks back? I know AA said two players and was later tricked into confirming that Delort was one but it'd be interesting to know who the other was...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yannis_Salibur

This guy i think?
  • Options
    Don't care how much he rates himself, I'd love to have Wood alongside Igor.. The potential silver lining to the striker dilemma is that Church played seriously well today.. Never seen him anything like that, looks like a new player. Good backup if he maintains it..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!