Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    keep to the current subject matter GH
  • Options
    Vossen would be incredible but I doubt there is much chance of it happening...

This is from last summer: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/332139/Newcastle-will-have-to-pay-7m-for-Jelle-Vossen
  • Options

Vossen would be incredible but I doubt there is much chance of it happening...

This is from last summer: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/332139/Newcastle-will-have-to-pay-7m-for-Jelle-Vossen

they were asking for £5 million last month when he was close to signing for Boro
    valued at £4.4 here http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jelle-vossen/profil/spieler/42748
  • Options
    Vossen looks to much dosh for us by a long long way.

Dowman do you mean the silence of the Guardianistas ? Rotherham,Rochdale,Oxford-----their whole PC agenda turned upside down----silence and sloping away ---probably a good thing.
  • Options

Vossen looks to much dosh for us by a long long way.

Dowman do you mean the silence of the Guardianistas ? Rotherham,Rochdale,Oxford-----their whole PC agenda turned upside down----silence and sloping away ---probably a good thing.

shhhhhhsss, you will get this thread shut down.
  • Options
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9378770/transfer-news-jelle-vossen-tells-genk-to-accept-middlesbrough-bid

Vossen does want out. But if we're not paying the 4-5 mill for Delort then why would we pay for Vossen? Unless the team know he can do the business whereas Delort is potential?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Vossen would be a much better bet than Delort, IMO.
    Belgian, has worked with BP (I think). Could be true.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Think he might of just missed him
    according to the ever reliable Wiki(which has Vossen's current club as Boro)
    Vossen was on loan from 2009-2010 at Cercle Brugge
    Peeters joined in 2010 so he might of done depends when in 2010 it was
  • Options
    Checking wiki Vossen has been at Genk since 2000, Peeters played there in 05/06. Vossen broke into the first team in 06/07. It was Gent that Peeters later managed though, not Genk.

Not a rumour without a YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjeeUwJLTic
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Checking wiki Vossen has been at Genk since 2000, Peeters played there in 05/06. Vossen broke into the first team in 06/07. It was Gent that Peeters later managed though, not Genk.

I think he would've managed him at Cercle Brugge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just checked ITTV and it looks like it's just players he wants us to sign, or have I missed something?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Miles better than Delort, I 100% can't see this happening.

He is rumoured to be signing for an unnamed championship club I just read, but it can't be us. They rejected a 6mill bid for him or somewhere in that region and he's been linked with some real top clubs.

I would love it if it was us, but I just can't see this one being true.
  • Options

Scoham said:

I think he would've managed him at Cercle Brugge.
    Yep.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

To add onto this
    Vossen is more prolific than Delort,
    but Delort is obviously younger,
    saying that if possible I would rather have Vossen
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The only thing that makes me think there might be a chance is the Belgian connection we now have.

I honestly can't see it at close to £5m though... unless someone can convince Roland that this fella is the difference between mid table and making a serious promotion push.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

To add onto this
    Vossen is more prolific than Delort,
    but Delort is obviously younger,
    saying that if possible I would rather have Vossen
    Forget about age, there's a 3 year gap. Vossen is in his prime years (which is what we need, not potential) and I would expect him to hit the ground running, Delort not so much.

Vossen has played more, in a better league infront of large crowds and has a ton of international caps plus there's probably other accolades to his name. He's also been linked with big clubs who have actually bid a lot more than what people are willing to pay for Delort.

Don't get me wrong it kinda fits, with all the links to Belgium and Peeters, that we know Roland has the money, but I just can't see it. Genuine dislike for people who start these rumours but are telling porkies, don't see what they get out of it. If we were to sign Vossen we would without a doubt have one of if not THE most threatening attack in the championship.

I really hope this one isn't bullshit.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I just checked ITTV and it looks like it's just players he wants us to sign, or have I missed something?

Did have a look myself and it does look that way. At the end of July they apparently wanted £5m for him - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707757/Middlesbrough-closing-Jelle-Vossen-Aitor-Karanka-signs-Chelseas-Kenneth-Omeruo.html

Seems it's very similar to the Delort situation. Chairman waiting for bigger offers, a player that wants to leave and his father working as his agent http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11680/9375547/transfer-news-genk-claim-middlesbrough-have-bid-again-for-jelle-vossen

"I firmly believe in the next few weeks and months, better offers will come. (the chairman)

The player's father Rudi Vossen looks after his son's interests and he admits that he hopes a resolution will be found.

"We wait, we hope for common sense from Genk and that it will not just brush off clubs and Jelle will be able to leave in a nice way."
  • Options
    I don't see any post about Vossen on ITTV other than a post by joeri saying 'Bulot and Vossen' sure he's not just saying who he would like us to sign?

Looks like another dead end rumour to me.
  • Options
    Yes please Roland :-) after all the owner does have £8 million from sale of that liege striker!
  • Options

Just players :( what about the poor chickens?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Mentioned the other day that Swansea looked set to sign him but now looks like Reading according to Sky Sports...

Sky Sports understands Reading are lining up a move for highly-rated Sochaux striker Cedric Bakambu. A number of Premier League clubs have been linked with Bakambu, but Reading are hoping to win the race for his signature.

Know we only tried getting this guy in January but we like going after awkward transfers dont we...
  • Options
    It looks to me that when players are brought in from outside of the "network" they are done so with a firm eye on their potential re-sale value in which case RD may be more keen on a Delort who hasn't reached his potential than Vossen who's probably already in his prime.
  • Options
    Vossen is only 5 foot 11.

You know what that means.
  • Options
    There is no way we will sign Vossen
  • Options

There is no way we will sign Vossen

Thanks Loic N.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Reading between the lines it sounds like we are leaving everything till Monday now this is ok if the players have already agreed to join and it's just wrapping the deals up but if we have not got that far and the deal falls through late on don't give us anytime to find another player .....
    They seem very confident that they will sign the players they want

True Colin it really looks like we don't know what we're doing... sack everyone!
  • Options
    cheers Colin
  • Options
    @LargeAddick From your posts you seem to have a very wide knowledge of a lot of players that are out there in the football league, although do correct me if i'm wrong ;). Do you have any hunches of players that we may bring in over the next few days or that are likely available to us?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!