Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Was it definitely Salibur? Because it seems we've plugged that gap with Bulot instead.
  • Options
    Is Bulot getting the number 8 shirt
  • Options
    Wood or Bahebeck (sp) by Monday and I'll buy an ST
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Wood or Bahebeck (sp) by Monday and I'll buy an ST

Well it wont be Bahebeck as he's just signed a contract extension...

I'm still hoping we get Viera from Valencia. If football Manager is anything to go by he will be the best player in our squad! haha
  • Options
    I do love Charlton. Last season was 'we need a goalscorer or we're ruined'. This season it's 'oh sure, we've got a goalscorer, but what if his feet fall off????'. Good position to be in.

Chris Wood seems to be a player that only we as fans are looking at. I'd imagine if we did get another striker in before the deadline it would be a foreign option that the network has scouted. And I'd be happy with that as it's worked so far. Right now I'm a little more interested in us signing a centre half. Our lack of clean sheets is a little concerning and someone more mobile than Ben Haim would be the priority for me
  • Options

I do love Charlton. Last season was 'we need a goalscorer or we're ruined'. This season it's 'oh sure, we've got a goalscorer, but what if his feet fall off????'. Good position to be in.

Chris Wood seems to be a player that only we as fans are looking at. I'd imagine if we did get another striker in before the deadline it would be a foreign option that the network has scouted. And I'd be happy with that as it's worked so far. Right now I'm a little more interested in us signing a centre half. Our lack of clean sheets is a little concerning and someone more mobile than Ben Haim would be the priority for me

There's still the loan window if all else fails, though with Ben Haim, Buyens and now Bulot we're approaching the maximum of loanees that can be played at once IIRC. That said I would prioritise a striker over a defender - Morrison is much more able as cover than any options we have up front. I'm still backing Gorgeous George to come good but a little bulk/muscle up front would not go amiss - Igor is no lightweight but is wasted mixing it up instead of running behind defences.
  • Options

I have to agree. I am not completely convinced by Ben Haim and we have been conceding some very sloppy goals today included.
  • Options
    I'd be happy if we went for Wilson from man United hungry young player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed @RufusNo5‌ hes been excellent. Noy sure people saying that have seen the games
  • Options
    TBH was the signing I was most unsure about and thought he would b a bit part this season. But him and Bikey have been the standouts (with IGOR) this season. Incredible.
  • Options
    TBH was class today, saved us from a couple of bikey mistakes with some great blocking and last ditch tackles, especially in the second half
  • Options
    Ben Haim is no less important to the defence than Bikey, but cutting out passes/blocking runs looks a lot less impressive/dramatic than crunching tackles and spring-powered headers. The defence is greater than the sum of it's parts and that's because they compliment each other in a way Morrison maybe would not with either - though he has a part to play I am sure.
  • Options
    RufusNo5 said:

Can't believe what I'm reading about TBH, makes me think you probably wasn't there today, we are unbeaten top six, and in my personal opinion moaning about our best player today... Had countless Brighton and charlton fans say how good he was today ! How many times has CMS tore us apart an TBH had him in his pocket, running the show ... Played the role of a captain today ...

I too have been pleasantly surprised by him, but after the first 5 games, 3 of which I have been present I am not totally convinced by him. I love the fact that we have a player with such experience just still not convinced this should be our centre back parring for the remainder of the season. Early days yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It's weird because I totally agree that from the stands, the new pairing look a cut above but so far this season, conceding goals has been our problem rather than scoring them.

That said, I think another centre back makes one too many and we've got to stick to what we have for now.
  • Options
    He saved us time after time. Positionally he is fantastic his reading of the game is top drawer. Cousins had a rare bad game today. A one off im sure. Tucudean was poor, apart from that everyone did their jpb
  • Options
    I dont think its that are defence is bad I jst think most chanpionship clubs have a decent strike force this season
    plus we have played Derby, Wigan and Brighton 3 of last seasons top 6
  • Options
    For what it's worth I'm not saying Ben Haim is bad, far from it, but I think that we have the potential to be done for pace by quicker strikers. I also think he has the occasional tendency to switch off at the back. I'd love to see us sign a pacy centre half to alternate in when faced with some real speed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RUMOURS!!!!!!
  • Options
    Exactly take the other stuff elsewhere
  • Options
    So has @TravHouse‌ befriended the relatives of any other goal scorers?
  • Options

RUMOURS!!!!!!

Thanks Paulie
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    this season RDs and Big Bobs signings are all doing well IMO, they are a hell of a lot better that was brought in last year.

bolox to rumours anyway they have all been total shit.--this week next week ----fecking tuesday---his dad/ mums on fecking twitter utter bollo
  • Options

We just need 1 striker Roland! We were in for Delort so we must have some money.

We must have a back up plan surely?

Who's playing up front for SL at the moment?
  • Options
    Nobody, that is why they are losing
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Nobody, that is why they are losing

Sorry, yeah I know. I'm taking the piss.
    Just disappointed how this Delort saga has turned out, I was getting quite excited!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!