Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options

Could John Guidetti be in our wages budget? Heard he was going for £1.5m

Sunday Mirror's "Football Spy" page today says..."Manchester City's Sweden striker John Giudetti, 22, is in talks over a £2.5m move to Fiorentina after a switch to Hannover broke down"
  • Options
    The video is definitely similar to Parzyszek's
  • Options
    I think we will deffo see at least one forward.
  • Options
    So is there actually anything in the Kjartansson suggestion, or is it just that.
  • Options
    He was on trial at Celtic this time last year with another Icelandic lad called Fridjonsson who got himself a four year deal.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Darren Bent staying at Villa despite interest to take him on loan from championship teams .......
    Charlton by any chance ?

I'd bite their hand off
  • Options
    Doubt it Colin. Doesn't fit the RD model.
  • Options
    Is the Viera move still on? Him and Johann on the wings should be good.
  • Options
    Don't think Bent really has the desire any more unfortunately, would probably score a few goals because of his movement but despite Vetokele's work rate I'm not sure they could play together and I'd take Igor over current Darren... Would still go a bit mental if he came back mind.
  • Options
    Time to move on from DB. Looks a lot heavier now than when at his peak. It's a no from me given his probable salary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

ross1 said:

We will have someone in today or tomorrow, don't worry about that

That's you and Ketts confident that someone will sign tomorrow, if we had not had so many false alarms, you could easily get excited
    Where has Ketts said this?
    Dr Kish
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    With respect to Roland's business scheme, all this talk about you can move this or that player hither or thither around the network. Isn't there a significant difficulty to overcome if a player simply won't move?
    It is remarkable that PP, and Yoni, and Tucadean previously, and others have already been passed around the network. Somebody somewhere may well have great powers of persuasion, but is it is mooted that Callum Harriott for example would be a 'resource' best deployed at Alcocon for instance, what if Callum says no?
    There have already probably been instances of players saying 'I don't care what suits the business, I'm not moving there and playing for them '. How does it unfold from there on in?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

With respect to Roland's business scheme, all this talk about you can move this or that player hither or thither around the network. Isn't there a significant difficulty to overcome if a player simply won't move?
    It is remarkable that PP, and Yoni, and Tucadean previously, and others have already been passed around the network. Somebody somewhere may well have great powers of persuasion, but is it is mooted that Callum Harriott for example would be a 'resource' best deployed at Alcocon for instance, what if Callum says no?
    There have already probably been instances of players saying 'I don't care what suits the business, I'm not moving there and playing for them '. How does it unfold from there on in?

Presumably, it comes down to the contract that has been signed. I've no idea whether footballers' contracts would have such clauses.
  • Options
    I would've thought under the rules you couldn't be contracted to more than one club at a time.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I would've thought under the rules you couldn't be contracted to more than one club at a time.

But, you might have a clause that you can be shipped off on loan to clubs X, Y, Z if we feel like it. Sounds unlikely but not impossible unless it contravenes a rule.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Presumably they either get told 'Okay, have fun playing for the reserves' (as happened to Reza when he was agitating for a move) or RD flogs them on the cheap but at least he's got some money out of them. I can't see any footballer signing a contract that essentially MAKES them move to another club but I imagine given the alternative is obscurity and denial of the opportunity to earn a move is enough to make most of them dance to RD's tune if they are smart.
  • Options
    Seems Vetokele is not a shoe-in for Angola. Not much info but their main striker seems to be Mabululu who plays domestically and has 4 in 7 for international side. Few stats, 24, but from photo seems tallish. Have a word Igor?
  • Options
    thenewbie.
    OK using your example then some kind of threat can be issued to make a player bend to the will of the network, and as I mentioned above, also some kind of persuasion can be utilised.

It all sounds great in theory, and it also seems to operate in practice too, but there may well be a downside too.

Lets imagine we have Nick Pope...contracted at the moment for four years, or Igor...a similarly long contract, they are truly brilliant in a couple of years and the network wants them to move to Champions League playing Standard de Liege. Charlton are treading water in the championship but, each player has heard through their agent that Champions League playing Real Madrid are very interested, and are poised to make a move.

So Igor and Nick say they don't want to register for SL as a Champions League player as it would scupper any chance of moving to Spain. A plausible situation where neither threats nor persuasion is likely to work.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

thenewbie.
    OK using your example then some kind of threat can be issued to make a player bend to the will of the network, and as I mentioned above, also some kind of persuasion can be utilised.

It all sounds great in theory, and it also seems to operate in practice too, but there may well be a downside too.

Lets imagine we have Nick Pope...contracted at the moment for four years, or Igor...a similarly long contract, they are truly brilliant in a couple of years and the network wants them to move to Champions League playing Standard de Liege. Charlton are treading water in the championship but, each player has heard through their agent that Champions League playing Real Madrid are very interested, and are poised to make a move.

So Igor and Nick say they don't want to register for SL as a Champions League player as it would scupper any chance of moving to Spain. A plausible situation where neither threats nor persuasion is likely to work.

Well, quite. I am purely hypothesising about if/how this intra-network trading actually works, and as you quite correctly point out there are undeniable flaws in the system as I interpret it. However, in the example you use, if there is a bigger club apparently interested I cannot see RD being unaware of it (he might not have passion for football but he's got a literal investment in his plan.) As long as this hypothetical club is willing to pay, the player can go there and RD makes money. Liege's summer business suggests to me that RD is more than willing to sell players outside the network if there is money in it for him - the network comes into play if he has a (potentially) viable asset not playing (i.e. Bulot) or there is a player without any particularly high resale value but would strengthen another network club (Ben Haim and Buyens for example.)

Vetokele will not see out all 5 years at Charlton I think it's fair to say, and I doubt he'll finish up at a network club - but the money for him will, and RD will be satisfied. He seems a pragmatist to me, profit is more important than players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It's not going to be in the interests of the player/club/network to create unhappy players by forcing moves on them. What good would that do?
    Forcing a player to move under duress would only create a player with the right hump and a problem for another part of the network...and thats not good business. RD is too smart for that.

Of course some internal `loans' could go wrong/fail but I can't imagine RD calling players into his office, opening a drawer, pulling out a revolver and proceeding to fiddle with it whilst asking them if their passport is up to date :P

• Options
    @iMacTof: A voir le match je vous annonce @AnthonyWatt32 est le nouvel attaquant de Charlton. #rscl #mercato
  • Options
    Bubble said:

@iMacTof: A voir le match je vous annonce @AnthonyWatt32 est le nouvel attaquant de Charlton. #rscl #mercato

Watt ?

• Options
    iMacTof: At the match I announce @ AnthonyWatt32 is the new Charlton striker. #rscl #mercato
  • Options
    Who the hell is Anthony watt
  • Options
    Celtic legend
  • Options
    Aint that stokes
  • Options
    Best known for this

http://youtu.be/JuLnriEqz3A
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!