Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Sign him up. We need a bit of fight !
  • Sign him up. We need a bit of fight !

I was thinking the same, it wouldn't be dull....
  • dickplumb said:

I heard the Bikey rumour yesterday. Apparently he is training with SL

With standard liege or at sparrows lane ? Lol
  • edited July 2014
    They won't be spending any money this window, absolute turmoil up there
  • Doubt Blackpool could afford Reza, Also want to see him play this season
  • edited July 2014
    More based on his appearances for us last season although I did catch one of the Iran games - great goal against Leeds but found him a very frustrating player to watch didn't seem to be a team player to me, lightweight when up front and incapable of passing when out wide
  • Sponsored links:

• Im another that would be dissapointed not to see Reza get a second chance with us next season, if Bob gets the Iran Reza playing for Charlton, it is like an entire new signing.
  • bobcafc7 said:

dickplumb said:

I heard the Bikey rumour yesterday. Apparently he is training with SL

With standard liege or at sparrows lane ? Lol
    Sorry should read Standard Liege.
  • Leeds United captain Ross McCormack has handed in a transfer request, Sky Sports understands.
    McCormack has been left out of Leeds' pre-season trip to Italy, as his future at the club remains in doubt.

Fulham have now returned with a second offer for the Scottish international, whilst other clubs also look to engage Leeds in talks.

However, no club has yet been able to agree a deal with Leeds owner Massimo Cellino and McCormack has now officially indicated to the club his desire to leave.

Having met with Cellino in the past week, McCormack has now handed in an official request as he looks to move on.

McCormack is one of the most in-demand players outside the Premier League having finished last season as top-scorer in the Championship
  • edited July 2014
    I did previously say we might have put a bid in. Watch this space everyone......
  • If we signed him, I think I might put money on us to be promoted, sod the defence with him, Reza and Igor, the goals would be flying in
  • Keep dreaming, no chance of us signing McCormack. He will be sold for serious dosh.
  • Still hoping we get Ezekial. Think I'm dreaming though. Has anyone heard if this deal is close?
  • PopIcon said:

Keep dreaming, no chance of us signing McCormack. He will be sold for serious dosh.

Fulham recently made a bid for him (according to Sky Sports) which was turned down. I expect this is his way of forcing it through.

If anyone thinks we will be buying players of that calibre (eg Jordan Rhodes) then you seriously need to go and seek help.

• PopIcon said:

Keep dreaming, no chance of us signing McCormack. He will be sold for serious dosh.

Fulham recently made a bid for him (according to Sky Sports) which was turned down. I expect this is his way of forcing it through.

If anyone thinks we will be buying players of that calibre (eg Jordan Rhodes) then you seriously need to go and seek help.

But we've signed a champions league striker ... I think you mean 'sign a player at that price' not calibre
  • Sponsored links:

• @Phil2Bar: Rumours saying Ben Haim is coming. Together with countryman Lior Refaelov (Bruges).

Certainly not a reliable source but who knows these Belgians seem to know more than us.
  • Genuinely enthused by signings so far and rumours floating around. The simple fact that RD is willing to invest anything is a very welcomed sign. The three or four signings thus far are encouraging.
  • J BLOCK said:

PopIcon said:

But we've signed a champions league striker ... I think you mean 'sign a player at that price' not calibre
    I think there is a difference between a player that has played in the champions league and a champions league player. After all Jesper Blomqvist and Djimi Traore are champions league winners. Let us just wait and see.
  • Traore would have been fine playing in the Championship and/or under a decent manager. Was Blomqvist ever fit? Costa wasn't too shabby a player with champions leage and Belgian league experience.

Vetokele is young and has played well in Denmark. The standard there is similar to the Championship, the majority of the players are championship standard, with a few very good, premier league standard, players that ineviatbly don't stay in the Suerliga for that long. Financially the wages are lower tah championship and foreign or non-EU(?) pay Danish level taxes after 2 years which is like a 40% drop in salary.
  • Harsh on Blomqvist. The man played in and won a Champion's League final.
  • Kessell7 said:

@Phil2Bar: Rumours saying Ben Haim is coming. Together with countryman Lior Refaelov (Bruges).

Certainly not a reliable source but who knows these Belgians seem to know more than us.

West Ham were looking at Lior Refaelov last summer.

According to Twitter he signed a new 3 year deal at Bruges last week.
  • Harsh on Blomqvist. The man played in and won a Champion's League final.

So did Djimi Traore
  • Going off thread again. Rumours only. Please
  • Bikey was training today at Sparrows Lane and is going on the Belgian tour over the weekend
  • Furthermore, not so much a rumour, but Polish Pete has been training with the first team, The Pig hasn't. Maybe Big Bob has seen something in Pete that was ignored before
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!