Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• iaitch said:

Was he at Barnsley the last few seasons?

Yep scored the winner when they beat us 1-0
  • Cywka has played alot of games at this level. Don't know how good he is but if he's cheap probably a good squad player to have.
  • Youtube scouting. Includes the winner at The Valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IONlCvqJk4
  • Nothing wrong with that goal.

We've lacked a bit of that in recent times.

• I believe he's actually pretty decent is Mr Cywka
  • Who is the other Gk Mitov. Seems to be a 17yr old Bulgarian keeper - is that correct?
  • edited July 2014

Who is the other Gk Mitov. Seems to be a 17yr old Bulgarian keeper - is that correct?

Yes. He's a 2nd year scholar and should be the academies first choice keeper next season (I think he'll make some U21 appearances, too). Highly rated.

• Who is the other Gk Mitov. Seems to be a 17yr old Bulgarian keeper - is that correct?

Yes. He's a 2nd year scholar and should be the academies first choice keeper next season (I think he'll make some U21 appearances, too). Highly rated.

Great thanks!

I did look him up noticed he was capped for Bulgaria, did he join this year ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Tomasz Cywka is on trial and going belgium too.

Blimey, I can't even pronounce that.

Tom to his mates.

Great thanks!

I did look him up noticed he was capped for Bulgaria, did he join this year ?
    He was with us last year, but didn't play much. I'm not sure why.
  • Swisdom said:

I believe he's actually pretty decent is Mr Cywka

Wiki says 8 goals in 46 appearances over 2 seasons at Barnsley.
    That includes just 17 League appearances and 3 goals last year.

Evidently he chips in with a handful of goals from midfield.
    But what is the rest of his game like - particularly is he a team player, has work ethic, etc?

• Cyaka is a good player and would be a decent signing.
  • Cywka was offered a new contract at Barnsley but they withdrew it because he was taking to long to sign, favourite postion is left midfield.

• Kessell7 said:

Bikey's travelling to Belgium so presumably on trial as well.

Him and Cywka were training with the squad when I was there yesterday,
  • Oggy Red said:

From Wiki:

Of Cywka, Clough said "He's an extremely inexperienced and not very bright footballer... he can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from – I'm not really bothered – until he learns the game."

Just what we need lol

yeah then later Nige signed him on a two year deal

• Polish Pete and now we got Polish Tom
  • If Cywka does sign, along with Moussa, Jacko, and Harriott - there's the potential for plenty of goals from midfield.

With the pacy Vetokiller, Reza and perhaps Ansah, there's goals in us on the counter attack - assuming a solid back 4 and Cousins playing holding midfield.

But still lacking a couple of vital pieces of the jigsaw, especially along the spine of the team.

• How many goals in the championship are scored from corners and free kicks?

Lots of pace in that team but not much height. Bikey and a big forward could make a big difference
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I'm hoping to see two centre backs sign soon. That's where the squad needs strengthening most urgently.
  • i now take back what i said earlier. we do need another attacking player. maybe give some width. however i would be happy with cywka since he looks like a rough diamond. bikey looks like a replacement for wood but who is replacing dervite.
  • Cywka, Bikey, Bailly, another cb and a tall striker and I think we'll be ok
  • i now take back what i said earlier. we do need another attacking player. maybe give some width. however i would be happy with cywka since he looks like a rough diamond. bikey looks like a replacement for wood but who is replacing dervite.

Lennon replacing Dervite with Gomez replacing Lennon as backup...? Of course that may change during Pre-Season i.e. Gomez could prove he's ready and over take Lennon or Peeters may decide that neither are ready and then bring in another CB.

If that was the case it would coincide with Peeters comments about looking @ Youth before buying players... equally surprised though that Jack Munns hasnt gone to Belgium
  • Im sure I saw that Munns is going to Belgium
  • Takes a decent free kick.
  • Munns has gone according to the OS, have you seen munns a few times? I've not seen him play.
  • sam3110 said:

Cywka, Bikey, Bailly, another cb and a tall striker and I think we'll be ok

Add another winger to that and I agree.
  • Dizzle said:

Im sure I saw that Munns is going to Belgium

He is

Lennon replacing Dervite with Gomez replacing Lennon as backup...? Of course that may change during Pre-Season i.e. Gomez could prove he's ready and over take Lennon or Peeters may decide that neither are ready and then bring in another CB.

If that was the case it would coincide with Peeters comments about looking @ Youth before buying players... equally surprised though that Jack Munns hasnt gone to Belgium
    Munns has gone,

Charlton squad for the Philips Stayen Cup: Zak Ansah, André Bikey-Amougou, Yoni Buyens, Simon Church, Jordan Cousins, Tomasz Cywka, Kadell Daniel, Morgan Fox, Joe Gomez, Callum Harriott, Johnnie Jackson, Harry Lennon, Dimitar Mitov (gk), Michael Morrison, Franck Moussa, Jack Munns, Loic Nego, Piotr Parzyszek, Dillon Phillips (gk), Joe Pigott, Nick Pope (gk), Chris Solly, Igor Vetokele, Rhoys Wiggins, Lawrie Wilson.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!