Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Where has Munns gone? Not Standard surely?
  • edited July 2014

Where has Munns gone? Not Standard surely?

Yeh RD has torn the heart out of the club again evil genius...

;0)

I think it means he is in OUR squad for the the Philips Stayen Cup IN Belgium Red
  • Ah cheers... My brilliant eye sight providing its worth again (cough!)
  • Surprised kurtis cumberbatch hasn't gone !
  • I think if we sign Tomasz Cywka & Lior Rafaelov then our midfield is sorted, and would look a lot more attack minded compared to last season.
  • @BelgoFoot: After selling Michy Batshuayi, Standard say lots of interest in Imoh Ezekiel; won't sell without replacement. http://t.co/pEl8gOudIb #cafc
  • AddickRam said:

I think if we sign Tomasz Cywka & Lior Rafaelov then our midfield is sorted, and would look a lot more attack minded compared to last season.

Agree with this.

Is Rafaelov joining us? Keep seeing his name everywhere.

• Bubble said:

@BelgoFoot: After selling Michy Batshuayi, Standard say lots of interest in Imoh Ezekiel; won't sell without replacement. http://t.co/pEl8gOudIb #cafc

Can we get this translated?
  • Hi Toby, two sugars please
  • edited July 2014
    Because some noise already beginning to run about a possible transfer of Imoh EZEKIEL, Standard Liege confirms that our young Nigerian striker arouses the lust of many clubs in Europe and elsewhere.

As usual, Standard Liege still want to find the best solution taking into account the interests of all parties, including the wishes of the player.

Recognizing also the importance of maintaining a balance in the workforce available LUZON Guy and his staff, our club will not take the risk of letting a player from the Imoh EZEKIEL value without first found a quality solution to compensate for such a departure.
  • Sponsored links:

• BP: We are looking to sign three or four players at least and there are a few in the pipeline, but the most important thing is that we add quality.“

Hopefully a keeper, centre back, winger and a target man. Again he's making all the right noises, but will he deliver the goods?

Presumably the likes of Cywka and Bikey are the ones in the pipeline.
  • Kessell7 said:

BP: We are looking to sign three or four players at least and there are a few in the pipeline, but the most important thing is that we add quality.“

Hopefully a keeper, centre back, winger and a target man. Again he's making all the right noises, but will he deliver the goods?

Presumably the likes of Cywka and Bikey are the ones in the pipeline.

Well he's done pretty well so far I'd say. I would much rather wait a little longer for proven quality than just shovel in any out of contract hopeful/has-been because, hey, why not, they're cheap, which became the normal policy under Slater and Co. Powell deserves credit for spotting diamonds in the rough and polishing them all sparkly but by God there was a LOT of rough. Hopefully RD will be of the inclination to speculate to accumulate and won't close the wallet now Igor's signed up.
  • BP: We are looking to sign three or four players at least and there are a few in the pipeline, but the most important thing is that we add quality.“

.....is that a new quote? In other words, four players after the Moussa signing?
  • Paddy Kenny is a piss taker. No pro footballer should let themselves get like that.

What not even Kermogant for example?
  • Paddy Kenny's spent his career following around Neil Warnock. Jobs for mates.
  • Valley11 said:

BP: We are looking to sign three or four players at least and there are a few in the pipeline, but the most important thing is that we add quality.“

.....is that a new quote? In other words, four players after the Moussa signing?

Yeah it is, and he said at least, so hopefully more than that.

www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140704-peeters-on-moussa-1718085.aspx

He also talked about Moussa's best position and that we may play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

“He tells me his preferred position is behind the striker in a 4-3-3 formation so he gets into the box a lot,” continued Peeters.

“The way we see it is that we’re still looking at which players are coming in and whether we will play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 but he can play in either.

“I think he will be at his best from the left so he can drift in and deliver some crosses and create some chances.”
  • linked on twitter with psg player cristophe bahebek
  • L'Equipe: Charlton Atheltic have been linked with a move for PSG's Jean-Christophe Bahebeck. #PSG #CAFC
  • linked on twitter with psg player cristophe bahebek

This guy was linked with arsenal last month I think. Can't see us picking him up, would be a good signing though
  • very pacy and can use both feet...highly rated in france and played for all levels of international up to under 21
  • Sponsored links:

• He is a very good player! Probably a little bit out of our reach
  • Is he a target man?
  • Is he a target man?

Wiki says he's a 6ft winger
  • Top scorer at the Toulon tournament.
  • 6ft centre forward, would be an excellent signing but I can't see us taking talent from PSG
  • I'll eat my hat is if we sign this guy. Absolute quality player
  • Tbf, isn't L'equipe one of the most respected sports news sites in France? They are not exactly the equivalent of football rumours so it may have some legs.
  • I'll eat my hat is if we sign this guy. Absolute quality player

Ah, but would you have his name tattooed on your arse?
  • IF we get this guy, it'll be on loan, I reckon.
  • edited July 2014
    foot-francilien.com/mercato/2819/psg-bahebeck-vers-langleterre/

Google Translation..
    All of last season on loan at Valenciennes, the young PSG striker Christophe Bahebeck could leave the club this summer in Paris. And the player would be very interested in a challenge across the Channel buttons England.

Author great benefits with the France team at Hopes Festival Toulon, Christophe Bahebeck was noted by many recruiters present at matches in the competition. According to the newspaper L'Equipe, the PSG player would include in the viewfinder club Charlton which evolves Championship. Both parties have already begun discussions.
    I watched a lot of that Toulon tournament and France had a few standout players (as did Brazil). This bloke was one of them.

Even if it's a loan (has to be, imo), it would be a real coup to get him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!