Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• A 4m striker playing in the Belgium league is worth considerably more if he does it in England. Look at the silly money for shaw. RD can see the value of putting his better assets in England.

Very good point
  • I wonder if we will pursue Gradel again
  • @Haiott: Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim signed a contrect with @CAFCofficial . His 10th team in creear. Good luck! #cafc
  • RedChaser said:

Who needs wingers with overlapping full backs in a 352/532 formation.................Oh hang on a minute we've only got one senior CB :-0

Hold the back page Tal Ben Haim :-0
  • Bubble said:

@Haiott: Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim signed a contrect with @CAFCofficial . His 10th team in creear. Good luck! #cafc

God no

• edited July 2014
    Ha! I predicted we'd sign Ben Haim when we lost Dervite. Certainly a case of us signing the unwanted Liege players again (unless we sign Esekiel)
  • Bubble said:

@Haiott: Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim signed a contrect with @CAFCofficial . His 10th team in creear. Good luck! #cafc

Oh do fuck off
  • Bubble said:

Oh do fuck off
    Not an ideal signing but we need centre backs and I'll back him.
  • We need 4 CB's (Gomez needs another year to be able to compete physically as a championship CB imo). Morro is one, need a partner for him, Lennon is a back up. A guy who lists Chelsea and Man City as past clubs and at 32 isnt exactly past it for a CB will do for 3rd / 4th choice at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we know plenty about him and its not a great signing for me.

Wish him a warm welcome though!
  • Bubble said:

Oh do go away
    Thats better!
  • let's ask some Pompey fans what they think of him
  • edited July 2014
    Really hoping we can get Haim asap in and not let this signing come down to the wire.
  • That Twitter account is a bit suspect though
  • Greenie said:

Bubble said:

Oh do go away
    Thats better!

Bubble said:

Oh do fuck off
  • let's ask some Pompey fans what they think of him

From Wiki:
    However, due to administration the maximum the club paid any player at that time was just £5,000-a-week. In response, Ben Haim refused to take a letter from a supporters group asking them to waive their wages and has suggested that the administrator takes a pay cut instead.
  • Bubble said:

Oh do fuck off
    Not an ideal signing but we need centre backs and I'll back him like any other Charlton player.

• That Twitter account is a bit suspect though

Only 22 followers so not exactly reliable but we shall see.
  • Very suspect. Only 20 odd followers suggests it isnt exactly a respected source.
  • Sponsored links:

• Panic over then..
  • I suspect you're all 'falling' for this twitter wind up. I don't expect Haim to sign.
  • Hopefully not true. Just mentioned him to a Pompey supporting colleague and the reaction was not a positive one....
  • I suspect Morro and Lennon will be first

let's ask some Pompey fans what they think of him

From Wiki:
    However, due to administration the maximum the club paid any player at that time was just £5,000-a-week. In response, Ben Haim refused to take a letter from a supporters group asking them to waive their wages and has suggested that the administrator takes a pay cut instead.
    Having worked under administrators, personally collecting 75% of outstanding debts then spending months chasing statutory minimum redundancy, I can see where he's coming from.
  • Essex_Al said:

Valley11 said:

Has anyone actually got their paws on an SLP to see if the Eziekiel rumour is indeed a bonafide rumour, or really just a rumour rumour?

Ha,ha, I just asked Richard Cawley on Twitter to spill the beans and he told me to go and buy an online copy!
    Nothing to get too excited about. 100/150 words top on the back of the SLP. No quotes from anyone at the club re the keeper and forward. Nothing concerte if and when these deals will happen. Just an old news story that appears to be re printed to fill a space in the paper.
  • On Ben Haim, I think the bad blood was because he refused to take a pay cut when the club went into administration - and to be fair to him, he signed a long contract worth a lot of money, perhaps he leveraged his personal finance on that contract so couldn't afford the pay decrease? After all, it wasn't his fault the club was so poorly managed.

He was a good defender, and if he can find any of his old Bolton/Chelsea form form we could have a very good player on our hands at this level.
  • shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Valley11 said:

Has anyone actually got their paws on an SLP to see if the Eziekiel rumour is indeed a bonafide rumour, or really just a rumour rumour?

Ha,ha, I just asked Richard Cawley on Twitter to spill the beans and he told me to go and buy an online copy!
    Nothing to get too excited about. 100/150 words top on the back of the SLP. No quotes from anyone at the club re the keeper and forward. Nothing concerte if and when these deals will happen. Just an old news story that appears to be re printed to fill a space in the paper.
    Glad I didn't buy a copy then Shirty :-)
  • Personally wouldn't mind Ben Haim, but i doubt we could afford his wages. He was a good defender once, not great but good and i would have thought could certainly do a job in the championship. I admit the bad blood between him and pompey about money is concerning, but that was a while ago.
  • We could afford his wages because they would have to be paid anyway, as he is at SL.
  • Yeah I don't think it would be terrible.
    Experienced pro for the likes of Gonez to learn from.
    Are people unsure of his character or his ability? Or both?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!