Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• just been told cawley has linked us with bailly and ezekiel to sign

Would be very happy with Ezekiel but just can't see it .
  • ezekiel, vetokele, harriot would be very pacy options, would be very exciting
  • Ezekiel would be superb - but I would be stunned if it happened. That would tell me that Roland's priorities in the network are starting to shift a bit.

However, it would surely suggest that Church and Pete are both on their way out. We would still need a big target man striker as well.
  • Yann897 said:

just been told cawley has linked us with bailly and ezekiel to sign

Would be very happy with Ezekiel but just can't see it .
    that would be a signing of biblical proportions

• 1st July today so any out of contract players can sign for who they like. Wonder if Poyet will be announced anywhere.
  • I've got alarm bells ringing in my head with Bailly. I just want a solid experienced keeper who commands his area and deals with crosses, someone who Pope can work with and learn from. The You Tube comp of Bailly involved a lot of shots mostly hit at him that his agent has tried to make look spectacular. I noticed that one of our Belgian posters wasn't over impressed with him either.
  • Ezekiel would be a cracking signing, but really can't see it happening especially with them losing batshuayi soon. but with him and thie Vitokele who knows could be an interesting season.
  • Would anyone want a Manuel Neuer type goalie?
  • sam3110 said:

Would anyone want a Manuel Neuer type goalie?

I would say he is the best keeper in the world so yes from me lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got alarm bells ringing in my head with Bailly. I just want a solid experienced keeper who commands his area and deals with crosses, someone who Pope can work with and learn from. The You Tube comp of Bailly involved a lot of shots mostly hit at him that his agent has tried to make look spectacular. I noticed that one of our Belgian posters wasn't over impressed with him either.

The impression I am getting is that Bob/RD probably thinks Pope is ready to be first choice(I think he's 23-24 now, same age Hamer was when he established himself here) and Bailly if he does indeed sign will be a cheapish back-up option. Bailly sounds to have lost his way a little, maybe the idea is to get him back on track because from Belgian accounts he is/was pretty good but got a touch of the David Bentleys'.
  • edited July 2014
    Nick Pope was 22 in April according yo Wiki. Know nothing about Bailey other than what was posted by one of our Belgian posters and the You Tube clip but if we can get him back on track could be well worth a punt.
  • Getting a loan keeper in at a later date is easy, you can even get an emergency keeper in outside the official windows
  • Definitely an upgrade from this time last year signings of wood and gower , bailly an ex international keeper and a player who only just missed out on the Nigeria squad who is very highly rated.
  • Ezekiel would be an amazing signing but with Batshuayi having now left I just can't see it happening. That said, as I've posted in this thread a long time ago, I'm 90% sure I saw Ezekiel at The Valley last season. Stranger things have happened.
  • Starting to take shape if true

Pope
    Solly
    Morrison
    *new
    Wiggins

Cousins
    Boyens
    Jackson

Harriott
    Ezekial
    Vetokele

Subs
    Bailly
    Lennon
    Fox
    Wilson
    *new
    Church
    Reza
  • Add Gomez too
  • Signing Ezekiel would be just a little bit exciting. Hmm interesting.
  • edited July 2014

Add Gomez too

He's class iv seen him a few times but a 17 year old centre back in the champ , for me is too young imagine him
    Trying to out muscle or out head Yann or Gestede.

I'd imagine he's gonna be 4th or 5th choice.
  • Fair point if Pope is starting and Bailly back up. Ezekiel I can't believe would come but this is the new improved Charlton with the miracle ingredient 'wealthy owner'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:

Add Gomez too

He's class iv seen him a few times but a 17 year old centre back in the champ , for me is too young imagine him
    Agreed that he is too young yet, but I don't think he would be out muscled by anyone!
  • Essex_Al said:

Yann897 said:

Add Gomez too

Agreed that he is too young yet, but I don't think he would be out muscled by anyone!
    Fair point he is a lump but hasn't fully grown yet.
  • Gomez will get some game time in pre season and we can see how he fares. He really is something special and one we should be excited about - as long as we give him a chance to find his feet he will go all the way.

From the clips I have seen of Ezekiel I can't imagine he would join us. Him and Vetokele would terrorise defences in the Championship. Two insanely fast strikers would be awesome and with Polish Pete maybe coming of age we suddenly have a cosmopolitan, young and potent strike force. I would still like to see an established big guy up there though - it's a real shame as Yann feeding these little whippets could and would be a sight to behold
  • Heard someone on the train saying that he expects 3/4 player announcements today involving Charlton players. He did mention that Poyet's new club is likely to be announced (don't know who) but there should be 2/3 inwards announcements today.

Probably bollocks but thought I would share
  • Tagga Telle. Under 21 Italian. Plays for Parma. Exciting prospect. Been linked.
    Now that's a rumour.
  • contracts expire today so wouldn't be surprised to hear of a couple inward and poyet's new club announced.
  • Swisdom said:

Gomez will get some game time in pre season and we can see how he fares. He really is something special and one we should be excited about - as long as we give him a chance to find his feet he will go all the way.

From the clips I have seen of Ezekiel I can't imagine he would join us. Him and Vetokele would terrorise defences in the Championship. Two insanely fast strikers would be awesome and with Polish Pete maybe coming of age we suddenly have a cosmopolitan, young and potent strike force. I would still like to see an established big guy up there though - it's a real shame as Yann feeding these little whippets could and would be a sight to behold

This. Same as Powell did with Cousins last year.
  • edited July 2014
    Has anyone actually got their paws on an SLP to see if the Eziekiel rumour is indeed a bonafide rumour, or really just a rumour rumour?
  • Valley11 said:

Has anyone actually got their paws on an SLP to see if the Eziekiel rumour is indeed a bonafide rumour, or really just a rumour rumour?

Ha,ha, I just asked Richard Cawley on Twitter to spill the beans and he told me to go and buy an online copy!
  • Bailly was the Crawley tweet
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!