Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• all v funny but can we stop it please. you click on the CL tab at work every now and then, see 10 new posts on the rumours thread, get excited and it's a load of bollox about a bollox player from a few years ago. very frustrating. can we just keep it to rumours, please?

Agreed.
  • scidbox said:

all v funny but can we stop it please. you click on the CL tab at work every now and then, see 10 new posts on the rumours thread, get excited and it's a load of bollox about a bollox player from a few years ago. very frustrating. can we just keep it to rumours, please?

Agreed.
    If i agree to this too does that still qualify as irksome?
  • Fumbluff said:

scidbox said:

all v funny but can we stop it please. you click on the CL tab at work every now and then, see 10 new posts on the rumours thread, get excited and it's a load of bollox about a bollox player from a few years ago. very frustrating. can we just keep it to rumours, please?

Agreed.
    If i agree to this too does that still qualify as irksome?
    PS i wasn't really agreeing but there goes another 2 notifications :)
  • Ben18 said:

What's happened to the rumours? The unnamed Italian sounded promising yesterday

Most excited I've been about a player in a while

P. Astacarbonara. From Bologna I understand.

Is he related in anyway to Pu Edam
    Someone please explain why that is worth a flag
  • Kaka's been released, go on Rolando, show him the money
  • Ben18 said:

What's happened to the rumours? The unnamed Italian sounded promising yesterday

Most excited I've been about a player in a while

P. Astacarbonara. From Bologna I understand.

Is he related in anyway to Pu Edam
    Someone please explain why that is worth a flag
    It's just a highlight, Paulie.

;o)
  • Do we have a poster from Liege who can tell us who they have currently contracted but not turning up for training?
  • Richard Cawley just replied to someone on twitter saying a signing looks close
  • Not much of an exclusive apparently so obviously already been linked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley just replied to someone on twitter saying a signing looks Klose

• Loir keruolov(spelling) guy maybe
  • Logan Bailey?
  • I was thinking bailey, trickovski or fanni. Moneys on Bailey
  • Had a beer with a friend of mine who has family in the football agents business. Asked him to find out some rumours and he's just text with a random one that we have apparently had a bid turned down for Scott Hogan of Rochdale at the beginning of June. Know nothing about him other than he is 22 and top scorer I think last season. Was expecting something a bit more exciting than that!
  • heavenSE7 said:

Had a beer with a friend of mine who has family in the football agents business. Asked him to find out some rumours and he's just text with a random one that we have apparently had a bid turned down for Scott Hogan of Rochdale at the beginning of June. Know nothing about him other than he is 22 and top scorer I think last season. Was expecting something a bit more exciting than that!

Multimillion pound striker who's played in champ league not enough ..?
  • edited June 2014
    heavenSE7 said:

Had a beer with a friend of mine who has family in the football agents business. Asked him to find out some rumours and he's just text with a random one that we have apparently had a bid turned down for Scott Hogan of Rochdale at the beginning of June. Know nothing about him other than he is 22 and top scorer I think last season. Was expecting something a bit more exciting than that!

Hulk Hogan
  • Oddly enough, heavenSE7, I actually saw Scott Hogan play and score a hat-trick for Rochdale at AFC Wimbledon back in February of this year. For the record, I don't make a habit of frequenting League 2 games ( ! ), but my Rochdale supporting mate was down for the weekend and very good it was too.

Hogan is small, nippy and very useful but a player who is also on the radar of many other teams. He started at Rochdale before being released to non-League Hyde. to his immense credit, his non-league performances got back to The Dale at the beginning of the season. He had a blinding first half of the season, prompting a £800,00 bid from Wolves following the 2-0 win against Leeds in the F.A. Cup 3rd round. The club reluctantly felt they had to accept for financial reasons but the lad declined to leave ! Suffice it to say that he promptly lost form but recovered it after a barren spell and it all ended gloriously in Keith Hill's second promotion with the club.

Without being 'heightist', I suspect that we're after someone bigger/taller now following the signing of Vetokele, in order to give us a 'Plan B' (as I believe they call it). That's not to say that every team needs a big man - I remember the havoc which those two Millwall diddymen, Possee and Bridges, wreaked back in season 1971/72 (sorry - am veering off thread....)

• Blucher said:

Oddly enough, heavenSE7, I actually saw Scott Hogan play and score a hat-trick for Rochdale at AFC Wimbledon back in February of this year. For the record, I don't make a habit of frequenting League 2 games ( ! ), but my Rochdale supporting mate was down for the weekend and very good it was too.

Hogan is small, nippy and very useful but a player who is also on the radar of many other teams. He started at Rochdale before being released to non-League Hyde. to his immense credit, his non-league performances got back to The Dale at the beginning of the season. He had a blinding first half of the season, prompting a £800,00 bid from Wolves following the 2-0 win against Leeds in the F.A. Cup 3rd round. The club reluctantly felt they had to accept for financial reasons but the lad declined to leave ! Suffice it to say that he promptly lost form but recovered it after a barren spell and it all ended gloriously in Keith Hill's second promotion with the club.

Without being 'heightist', I suspect that we're after someone bigger/taller now following the signing of Vetokele, in order to give us a 'Plan B' (as I believe they call it). That's not to say that every team needs a big man - I remember the havoc which those two Millwall diddymen, Possee and Bridges, wreaked back in season 1971/72 (sorry - am veering off thread....)

Veering of the thread is not allowed on here - slapped wrist.
  • Sponsored links:

• off even
  • PeterGage said:

Blucher said:

Oddly enough, heavenSE7, I actually saw Scott Hogan play and score a hat-trick for Rochdale at AFC Wimbledon back in February of this year. For the record, I don't make a habit of frequenting League 2 games ( ! ), but my Rochdale supporting mate was down for the weekend and very good it was too.

Veering of the thread is not allowed on here - slapped wrist.
    yep discussing a rumour on a rumour thread, treason. where have all the cheese jokes gone ?
  • P. Astacarbonara. From Bologna I understand.

No P. Isstaker.
  • anyone seen todays slp? cawley is claiming a deal in there today although said it werent an exclusive as such... aint seen it yet just wondered if anyone had
  • SkyBet Championship‏@Transfer_News24·8 mins
    Hull winger Cameron Stewart is currently undergoing a medical at Ipswich. #hcafc #itfc

• Probably the keeper Logan Bailey as he was rumored to have joined a club last week.
  • anyone seen todays slp? cawley is claiming a deal in there today although said it werent an exclusive as such... aint seen it yet just wondered if anyone had

For who?
  • Luke Varney has gone to Blackburn.
  • just been told cawley has linked us with bailly and ezekiel to sign
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!