Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• @Timmsi_CAFC: Charlton Athletic On The Verge Of Signing Imoh Ezekiel #CAFC The Charlton Way http://t.co/ByYxjVqnUu

Looks a bit amateur but interesting if inter Milan want him.
  • edited July 2014
    Yann897 said:

@Timmsi_CAFC: Charlton Athletic On The Verge Of Signing Imoh Ezekiel #CAFC The Charlton Way http://t.co/ByYxjVqnUu

Looks a bit amateur but interesting if inter Milan want him.

Blackpool also want him as part of their #rigarevolution. Then again they also talk about Boly going there which I can't see.
  • Don't think Roland will want Ezekiel leaving the network just yet , he's a relatively young player , who , by going from what I've seen and heard , is improving all the time , at the moment Ezekiel is probably worth around 4/5m , if he develops like expected he could be worth triple that in a couple of years , so selling him out of the network really isn't an option I don't think.
  • Laddick01 said:

Don't think Roland will want Ezekiel leaving the network just yet , he's a relatively young player , who , by going from what I've seen and heard , is improving all the time , at the moment Ezekiel is probably worth around 4/5m , if he develops like expected he could be worth triple that in a couple of years , so selling him out of the network really isn't an option I don't think.

Loan him to us. Scores 25 goals in a higher profile league, then moves to Premier League side for £8m.
  • if he scores 25 goals he might move with us to the Prem ?

That's the spirit, Lancs!

• I took a look at Ezekiels Instagram , his last picture/post was tiled 'last training session' followed by a few good luck posts from supporters and a player
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

I took a look at Ezekiels Instagram , his last picture/post was tiled 'last training session' followed by a few good luck posts from supporters and a player

Just had a look, the good luck message from a supporter is to a player who commented, opare, who has left standard
  • sammy391 said:

I took a look at Ezekiels Instagram , his last picture/post was tiled 'last training session' followed by a few good luck posts from supporters and a player

Just had a look, the good luck message from a supporter is to a player who commented, opare, who has left standard
    Yeah that's how I read it but he did also say about last training so who knows.
  • I don't think he is in the Nigerian world cup squad and therefore is not a regular international. Belgian rules on overseas player work permits are a lot more relaxed than here. Does he have duel nationality or something? As I cannot see him meeting the criteria for non-EU player work permits in the UK.
  • Soccerway has him as making 39 appearances last season with just 7 off the bench.

Strange that RD would move him to us.
  • sammy391 said:

I read that to say 'the last training session he had'. Not his last ever one.
  • edited July 2014
    Not a great summer for Liege so far, sold Batshuayi, Opare has joined Porto

Ezekiel has previously said he would like to play in England, but I imagine thats the PL

Soccerway has him as making 39 appearances last season with just 7 off the bench.

Power shift! Roland has seen the money to be made in the PL and the stupid sums average players are sold for. If he can get us into the PL and find some gems for cheap abroad from the other network clubs then he can develop them and sell them on for millions.

• This is the bit in the SLP:

"Charlton are weighing up moving for former Belgian international Logan Bailly, writes Richard Cawley. The 28-year-old goalkeeper is able to leave OH Leuven after they made the drop out of the Jupiler Pro League.
    Charlton are short of experience in that area since Ben Hamer quit for Leicester on a free transfer. Bailly would add a senior head alongside talented youngster Nick Pope, who recently penned a long-term extension at The Valley.

And Addicks head coach Bob Peeters might also land Standard Liege striker Imoh Ezekiel. The 20-year-old has been with the Belgian outfit also owned by Charlton chief Roland Duchatelet since 2012. Ezekiel was capped by Nigeria in March."
  • Not a great summer for Liege so far, sold Batshuayi, Opare has joined Porto

Ezekiel has previously said he would like to play in England, but I imagine thats the PL

Soccerway has him as making 39 appearances last season with just 7 off the bench.

Power shift! Roland has seen the money to be made in the PL and the stupid sums average players are sold for. If he can get us into the PL and find some gems for cheap abroad from the other network clubs then he can develop them and sell them on for millions.

This, I can absolutely see us taking the 'Wigan' approach and telling players that they join us, sign a good (long) contract and we won't stand in their way if they get a reasonable offer at a bigger PL club. We will get the player for a couple of years and be their stepping stone to the top 6 teams and their more lucrative contracts
  • Sponsored links:

• If there were truth in the SLP story, I would love a striker force of:

- Vetokele
    - Ezekiel
    - Reza
    - Big lump to play with one of the above (COG would have been ideal)
    - Ansah

Ship out Church, and send Pete and Piggot on loan.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014

If there were truth in the SLP story, I would love a striker force of:

- Vetokele
    - Ezekiel
    - Reza
    - Big lump to play with one of the above (COG would have been ideal)
    - Ansah

Ship out Church, and send Pete and Piggot on loan.

Would like to see some support on the wings / left / right midfield) or a covering right back for Solly (if Loic Nego is not deemed to be that) to allow Wilson to play at right midfield. Good strikers need service. Charlton have had plenty of decent strikers that didn't score because of lack of service.

Any real rumours on that level would be great to hear.
  • A 4m striker playing in the Belgium league is worth considerably more if he does it in England. Look at the silly money for shaw. RD can see the value of putting his better assets in England.
  • A 4m striker playing in the Belgium league is worth considerably more if he does it in England. Look at the silly money for shaw. RD can see the value of putting his better assets in England.

That may be evident from our perspective. I would be careful in assuming that is the way that Roland is thinking.
  • vff said:

A 4m striker playing in the Belgium league is worth considerably more if he does it in England. Look at the silly money for shaw. RD can see the value of putting his better assets in England.

That may be evident from our perspective. I would be careful in assuming that is the way that Roland is thinking.
    Spot on
  • This is all pretty much pointless getting all these strikers in unless we get someone creative in.
    Always been a major problem with charlton sides
  • edited July 2014
    Who needs wingers with overlapping full backs in a 352/532 formation.................Oh hang on a minute we've only got one senior CB :-0
  • This is all pretty much pointless getting all these strikers in unless we get someone creative in.

Can't remember the last genuine creative playmaker we had of class. Probably Claus (one of my favourite all time players).

Have there been any rumours around creative CMs? (need to replace Poyet). I know we were linked with Ibramima Cisse at SL but he is more of a Cousins style from what I understand.

Can't remember the last genuine creative playmaker we had of class. Probably Claus (one of my favourite all time players).

Have there been any rumours around creative CMs? (need to replace Poyet). I know we were linked with Ibramima Cisse at SL but he is more of a Cousins style from what I understand.
    Andy Reid.

Not a rumour though, so we should stop.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!