Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Football Centre @TransferCentre9 · 1h
    Charlton are also closing in on Icelandic winger, Johann Berg Gudmundsson. Gudmundsson's contract at Dutch Eredivisie side, AZ, has expired

This guys just reading my posts ffs ...

p.s. Ronaldo is signing soon......

• edited July 2014
    Iceland international Johann Berg Gudmundsson is on the way to Charlton in the English Championship league according to the latest news from the outside.

John said to 433.is recently the high likelihood that he was on his way to the Premier League.

John is a 23 year old winger, who is leaving AZ Alkmaar after five and a half years at the club.

He was born in 1990 with 32 caps for Iceland and five goals, including the famous hat-trick against Switzerland in Bern. Below you can see his third goal in the famous.

Let's hope so.
  • mmmm biscuits
  • bobcafc7 said:

Football Centre @TransferCentre9 · 1h
    Charlton are also closing in on Icelandic winger, Johann Berg Gudmundsson. Gudmundsson's contract at Dutch Eredivisie side, AZ, has expired

What's the latest with that ?
    He's in England I'm guessing London but not replied to the last text from his bro, I'm still fairly confident he'll sign on the dotted line. Be a squeeze to be in time for Welling though I should imagine, he'll have no problem medically it would just be down to agreeing personal terms.

Gudmundsson that is...

Great but we'd make him shit within 2 months.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Iceland international Johann Berg Gudmundsson is on the way to Charlton in the English Championship league according to the latest news from the outside.

John said to 433.is recently the high likelihood that he was on his way to the Premier League.

John is a 23 year old winger, who is leaving AZ Alkmaar after five and a half years at the club.

He was born in 1990 with 32 caps for Iceland and five goals, including the famous hat-trick against Switzerland in Bern. Below you can see his third goal in the famous.

Let's hope so.

Someone might want to mention to the chap that we haven't played in the Premiership for years!
  • Tomorrow or Saturday, to hopefully welcome our new International signing. He also speaks very good English!
  • edited July 2014
    I play for a team here in Denmark which is mostly made up of Islanders. They all rate the guy highly and think he will do well in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• A journalist on Twitter has said Rotherham couldn't afford Gudmundsson.

@paulm_davis: No #rufc move for icelandic winger Johann Berg Gudmundsson, says boss Steve Evans. Was a target but wage demands too high.
  • what kind of player is Jorha Bit GudMySon?

and would he really have signed for Rotherham but for the dough?

we have all sorts of names in this team. hope he is decent.
  • Sign him up. We've got a good record with Scandinavians.
  • edited July 2014

Wouldn't it be a welcome change to go to the Valley next season and finally see us play fast, exciting, attacking football.

It's always been a dream of mine to watch my beloved charlton play attractive football. Could finally come true this year......

• and would he really have signed for Rotherham but for the dough?

We may be able kid him that Charlton are in the Premiership.

But Rotherham - no feckin chance!

• Wouldn't it be a welcome change to go to the Valley next season and finally see us play fast, exciting, attacking football.

Felt we sampled it towards the end of last season (i.e. against Huddersfield and Watford)... Be good to see permanently though
  • Wouldn't it be a welcome change to go to the Valley next season and finally see us play fast, exciting, attacking football.

It's always been a dream of mine to watch my beloved charlton play attractive football. Could finally come true this year......
    Where were you in 1976 ..... ?

• bobcafc7 said:

Let's hope so.

Someone might want to mention to the chap that we haven't played in the Premiership for years!
    Maybe he heard Championship and just assumed it was the same thing

• making all the right moves. i noticed that we may need another winger after gudmundsson since we only have 1 on each wing who is good enough. i am not pleased that we have been getting quality signings in quickly and done things professionally, roland is ruining our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• He is an evil genius who is ripping the very heart out our pushover of a club after all!
  • edited July 2014

what kind of player is Jorha Bit GudMySon?

Take it from me he's good my son. Transfermarkt (that reliable bible of European football) suggests a value of £1.7m so in the same ball park as Vetokele and Buyens.
    At this rate we will be catching Ipswich, Brighton and Bournemouth in terms of squad valuation.
    And we will leave Brentford, Rotherham, Blackpool and Millwall a long, long way behind.

• what kind of player is Jorha Bit GudMySon?

Take it from me he's good my son. Transfermarkt (that reliable bible of European football) suggests a value of £1.7m so in the same ball park as Vetokele and Buyens.
    At this rate we will be catching Ipswich, Brighton and Bournemouth in terms of squad valuation.
    And we will leave Brentford, Rotherham, Blackpool and Millwall a long, long way behind.

Difference being we've also a decent Youth Academy to back us up... i.e. You dont see too many youngsters breaking into the First Teams at those mentioned clubs

You forget we had a chance to get Ronaldo before he went to Man U, but Curbs did not think he was worth the money, so how good could he possibly be?
  • ross1 said:

You forget we had a chance to get Ronaldo before he went to Man U, but Curbs did not think he was worth the money, so how good could he possibly be?
    Where did you get the part that 'didn't think he was worth the money' ?
  • J BLOCK said:

ross1 said:

The story going about at the time was that Gorgi Costa (excuse spelling) after going back to Portugal tipped us off about him, but the fee was about £700,000 and Curbs thought that was too much for a 17-year-old. How true this story is I don't know, but it was a common rumour at the time. It was certainly true about him possibly coming to us as I remember the headlines in the paper, "Ronaldo signing for Charlton-no not that one" meaning not the Brazalian who was number one in the world at the time.
  • Oggy Red said:

We may be able kid him that Charlton are in the Premiership.

But Rotherham - no feckin chance!

The Hermanator would soon put him right....

• ross1 said:

J BLOCK said:

ross1 said:

The story going about at the time was that Gorgi Costa (excuse spelling) after going back to Portugal tipped us off about him, but the fee was about £700,000 and Curbs thought that was too much for a 17-year-old. How true this story is I don't know, but it was a common rumour at the time. It was certainly true about him possibly coming to us as I remember the headlines in the paper, "Ronaldo signing for Charlton-no not that one" meaning not the Brazalian who was number one in the world at the time.
    I am more than confident that we could have fucked him right up...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!