Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Would be great to see attacking lively football. Make teams come to the valley and know they are in for a scrap rather than just turn up and bully us.

Bikey and Buyens enforcing with physicality, cousins covering every blade of grass, a couple of tricky wingers who love to attack and Vetokele being fed by Moussa.

Hubba hubba

And in time Gomez bringing the ball out from the back to start attacks...

Would be very different to the last few seasons in which our full backs at times were our main attacking threats.
  • Swisdom said:

Would be great to see attacking lively football. Make teams come to the valley and know they are in for a scrap rather than just turn up and bully us.

Bikey and Buyens enforcing with physicality, cousins covering every blade of grass, a couple of tricky wingers who love to attack and Vetokele being fed by Moussa.

Hubba hubba

Exactly how those scumbags got promoted to the PL. Zaha and Bolaise attacking at pace and setting up tap ins or winning penaltys. Murray scored something stupid like 15 pens that yr
  • Swisdom said:

Hubba hubba

hell yeah....i always like to see an energetic high tempo play at the Valley, tricky wingers with good crosses and headers and volleys.

you need 2 boss central midfielders for that. Cousins and Buyens should be a force against most teams. HUGE season for Jordan I reckon
  • Getting more than slightly concerned that we haven't signed a goalie yet.
    There must be some 'no mark' out there willing to give us a shot.
    Time to lower your already snake belly ambitions for us Roland.
  • Looking at the Gudmundsson video again - he worked really well off of Jozy Altidore holding the ball up. Need someone like that.
  • what kind of player is Jorha Bit GudMySon?

and would he really have signed for Rotherham but for the dough?

we have all sorts of names in this team. hope he is decent.

Take it from me he's good my son. Transfermarkt (that reliable bible of European football) suggests a value of £1.7m so in the same ball park as Vetokele and Buyens.
    At this rate we will be catching Ipswich, Brighton and Bournemouth in terms of squad valuation.
    And we will leave Brentford, Rotherham, Blackpool and Millwall a long, long way behind.

Difference being we've also a decent Youth Academy to back us up... i.e. You dont see too many youngsters breaking into the First Teams at those mentioned clubs
    Very true. Look at it another way... We have a top academy about to go to cat 1 in a year or two with a new owner who has cash and connections to top up the squad with 22-25 year olds worth £1.5m+

Much as I enjoyed the new squad in 2011 winning league 1 'n all. This is looking different gravy. Some are still mourning Dervite and Stephens but you know what? They might struggle to get in the team next season!
  • Charlton life is a very good place to be at the moment

Getting slightly ahead of ourselves here aren't we... can't believe this is the Charlton Life forum. Anyway I will reserve excitement until they step out at Griffin Park next month. I am sure there are more twists an turns coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently in Turkey on the Efes, just read this, good news. Can't wait for brentford away

Getting slightly ahead of ourselves here aren't we... can't believe this is the Charlton Life forum. Anyway I will reserve excitement until they step out at Griffin Park next month. I am sure there are more twists an turns coming.
    It was a joke scrooge :)

Charlton life is a very good place to be at the moment

now thats CL. Blind optimism shot down by cold logic in 7 minutes. :)
  • Currently in Turkey on the Efes, just read this, good news. Can't wait for brentford away

Had a chat with any Turkish football fans about Ryan Babel?

Are we signing Ryan Babel then?

All in good time my friend
  • From an account on twitter (Spanish and only recently set up):

Hervin Ongenda (18-yo striker from PSG)
    Nick Blackman (winger from Reading)
    Josh McEachran (cm from Chelsea)

Don't know how reliable this is but if we're looking at Ongenda does this mean we weren't able to get Bahebeck? If he was sighted at the STVV game then surely it would have happened quite quickly
  • Isnt Bahebeck more of a Winger than a Striker though... Same with Nick Blackman, he did really well with Sheffield United in League One, made the surprise move to the Premier League with Reading (In the Jan Window) and it damaged him a little bit so wouldnt mind he came to the Valley.

Josh McEachran though... God would love it if we got him
  • wow proper rumours, thanks Corkie
  • Heskey on a free?

The abuse I got for suggesting Lovenkrands, now Heskey has been suggested
    It's a sign of your popularity @paulie8290‌ anyway look at it this way, you are doing a good job for the community, all the time certain 'Lifers' are picking on you, they're leaving the rest of us alone. Back on thread, I'd rather have Steve Morrison :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Football Centre @TransferCentre9 · 1h
    Charlton are also closing in on Icelandic winger, Johann Berg Gudmundsson. Gudmundsson's contract at Dutch Eredivisie side, AZ, has expired

p.s. Ronaldo is signing soon......

Great but we'd make him shit within 2 months.

Infact r.e. Gudmundsson he's going to The Valley tomorrow and should sign soon after that if all goes smoothly, hot off the press.
    Come on Hermann, have a word, vinsamlegast
  • edited July 2014
    Jelle Vossen says he wants Genk to let him join Middlesbrough after they turned down a new bid from the Championship club.

"I’m bitterly disappointed at what Genk’s president said. He gave the impression it’s all about the money. I’d expected some more respect. I’m ready for a transfer abroad and I would find Middlesbrough a good challenge."

If they can get him, that is a great signing for them
  • i can only presume he's never been to Middlesbrough

I stayed just outside Middlesbrough a few weeks ago expecting the whole area to be a bit of an industrial wasteland. What I found was this....what a dump, eh?
  • i can only presume he's never been to Middlesbrough

I stayed just outside Middlesbrough a few weeks ago expecting the whole area to be a bit of an industrial wasteland. What I found was this....what a dump, eh?
    Stop spoiling our norvern stereotypes!!! Everyone knows that we're all cocker-knees and they all live in 2 up 2 down tenements on cobbled streets, with outside lavs!! :-))
  • Thank you for those wonderful pictures, Bill ....... I didn't realise Middlesbrough was so pretty.

Not a chemical works, abandoned factory or boarded up council estate in sight.

• http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25392/town-bosses-watch-dundalk-midfielder

Do you think we might still be interested (if the article is true and we were in the first place)?
  • Attractive pictures. The last one, the fishing village, is Staithes, which must be a good 30 miles from the glories of Middlesbrough.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of our fifth summer signing on http://www.cafc.co.uk at 11.30am... #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!