Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited July 2014

I've heard from a west ham mate its Maïga

Wouldn't be so happy with that. Wasn't he the player who couldn't take advantage of the mix up between Dervite and Thuram when playing for QPR?
  • I've heard from a west ham mate its Maïga

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap
    Ha ha, quality! Would rather have him than church.
    Maiga being the player who rounded Thuram and then ran the ball out of play completely unopposed. I'd rather have half of Simon Church.
  • Heard they no longer need vaz te. Would make sense
  • Im sure poyet is chomping at the bit to came back after all the abuse he's had on twitter! Not!
  • Reported as 7 figure by the club so likely to be accurate and will be revealed in the accounts over the next few years as bonus clauses are triggered. It would be great if Poyet or another West Ham player was loaned to us as part of the deal since this should be quicker and cheaper than going on the open market in order to finalise the squad for Brentford (a).

Where has the Club reported it as a seven figure fee?
  • They haven't
  • The club said, "undisclosed".
  • *face palm*
  • edited July 2014
    Thought it was on the OS release or perhaps somewhere in the Poyet thread? Of course it might be a small amount to kick off and lots of add ons.
    I'm sure that given the speed of the deal that we have secured what we could - great if we can pick up a decent loan signing to help complete the squad.
  • Vaz Te please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vaz Te please.

Isn't he more of a pacey type of striker? We already have enough of those, but no one with a real physical presence.
  • True but I don't really see what other players West Ham have that could make a real impact and that are also realistic.
  • Scoham said:

Vaz Te please.

Isn't he more of a pacey type of striker? We already have enough of those, but no one with a real physical presence.
    Carlton Cole it is then.
  • I think we need to have a dose of reality. For as good as DP was for us , the tribunal has a history of looking at significance of past performance and current market value (number of interested clubs, previous offers etc). Future potential is not heavily weighted. Diego has only 20 odd league performances to his name, no goals and no assists for a midfielder and it is unclear level of market interest but I doubt that their was a bidding war by the top tier PL clubs if west ham won out. If we were expecting to get 7 figures at tribunal we are kidding ourselves so if we settled for say 700k plus add ons and avoided the cost of tribunal, that would be realistic.
  • edited July 2014
    Monaco striker Gaetano Monachello attracting interest from "a number of Championship clubs". Wonder if we are one of them?

I noticed that he was previously sent out on loan to Belgian side Cercle Brugge so not completely beyond the realms of possibility.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9374747/transfer-news-championship-sides-chasing-monaco-forward-gaetano-monachello
  • Twitter reporting Bradley Pritchard to Orient. Would be a good move for both parties, I think.
  • LoOkOuT said:

I can confirm, it was 7 figures.

All Star Wars I think, including C3PO and, rather fittingly, the hairy Wookie.

Lost the plot? Tension getting to ya... Whatcha gonna be like come kick off vs Brentford?
    C'mon son man up ;)

• Seriously doubt we will get anyone from West Ham as I think the rumour of how much is rubbish. Why would a West Ham fan be ITK from sources close to The Valley when we have been so good at hiding pretty much every transfer we have made so far this summer until they were officially announced.
  • Maybe RM said 7 figure to SR in a private briefing.

We're all so quick to judge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe RM said 7 figure to SR in a private briefing.

We're all so quick to judge.

Ah, so that's why Richard Murray and Seriously Red speak utter bollocks then.
  • As far as I am concerned - if the loan player was DP - and it won't be - I'd be unhappy. Don't see why we should help that ungrateful ****'s development any more.

Unless it helps the development of the Charlton first team this season .... ?

;o)

• Nope- he can get stuffed- we can develop without him.
  • How many of our released players have now got clubs?

And how many still looking to get fixed up?

• Oggy Red said:

How many of our released players have now got clubs?

And how many still looking to get fixed up?

Is it just Bradley Jordan and Leon Cort now who I've not heard anything about?
  • Uboat said:

Nope- he can get stuffed- we can develop without him.

So much pointless anger on here for him, people need to have a reality cheek
    I like the sound of these reality cheeks. I will have one.
    Lol fixed now
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!