Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Issac Layne had a strange hobby>
  • Hope we spend some of the Poyet money (what ever it is) wisely, and not on some crappy Belgian tat

Collecting clothes.
    Moonshine, washing line.
    It suits him fine.

Collecting clothes.
    Moonshine, washing line.
    It suits him fine.
    ...takes two to know...
  • Currently behind a French number plate audi Q7 which has just pulled out of floyd road.. Bahebeck? Haha

follow it! and then report back!
    It turned off at Greenwich millennium village, I went straight on to North Greenwich station
  • Currently behind a French number plate audi Q7 which has just pulled out of floyd road.. Bahebeck? Haha

It turned off at Greenwich millennium village, I went straight on to North Greenwich station
    He's playing for PSG right now and scored.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Currently behind a French number plate audi Q7 which has just pulled out of floyd road.. Bahebeck? Haha

Well there's that theory gone. Thought I was on to a 'scoop' there
  • Who are they playing?
  • Dansk_Red said:

Sky Sports understands Barnsley are open to offers for key trio Chris O'Grady, captain Martin Cranie and defender Tom Kennedy. Barnsley have reluctantly decided to sell the trio as part of their cost-cutting measures in the wake of their relegation to League One.

BOGOF ?

• bobcafc7 said:

Currently behind a French number plate audi Q7 which has just pulled out of floyd road.. Bahebeck? Haha

Well there's that theory gone. Thought I was on to a 'scoop' there
    You need a Plan 'B' , Greenie Junior.

But then you follow Charlton, renowned for not having one.

• Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

@svenclaes: @joeghguard I heard Bahebeck was in Sint-Truiden last Sunday to see #CAFC play. Also Roland Duchatelet was present. Coincidence? #CAFC

Find it slightly odd PSG are giving him a game if they are selling him
  • Perhaps he is staying at PSG
  • We gave plenty of players minutes against St Truden, but we won't keep them all.

Can see him coming here on a season loan.
  • Maybe keep him and play him at centre back. Better option than Luiz surely
  • edited July 2014
  • We're doing well at snapping up the English experienced talent.. beaten by League One Clubs lol

We gave plenty of players minutes against St Truden, but we won't keep them all.

Like who?? Our squad is paper thin, even if we sign 3-4 players there's not many players we can afford to not keep!
  • We're doing well at snapping up the English experienced talent.. beaten by League One Clubs lol

We gave plenty of players minutes against St Truden, but we won't keep them all.

Like who?? Our squad is paper thin, even if we sign 3-4 players there's not many players we can afford to not keep!
    Assuming you mean O'Grady.. We haven't been beaten by them, O'Grady said himself he just didn't wanna move south. Would you really say that's being beaten?

Assuming you mean O'Grady.. We haven't been beaten by them, O'Grady said himself he just didn't wanna move south. Would you really say that's being beaten?
    No there's been plenty of others, O'Grady is just one of a long list under new ownership. He's a top League One Standard striker, can cut it in Championship and we couldn't entice him. He would of moved South if, from what I believe is correct, the offer was right. Or he wouldn't have spoke to us with his agent.

We're becoming more attractive for International talent, and less so for English experienced talent.

No there's been plenty of others, O'Grady is just one of a long list under new ownership. He's a top League One Standard striker, can cut it in Championship and we couldn't entice him. He would of moved South if, from what I believe is correct, the offer was right. Or he wouldn't have spoke to us with his agent.

We're becoming more attractive for International talent, and less so for English experienced talent.
    Yeah, so much English talent out there for a reasonable price aswell...Just as I thought you started getting cheery Aletico
  • edited July 2014
    Couldn't entice him or didn't want to pay exhorbitant wages, that we didn't feel he was worth ?
    A big difference surely ?
  • Sponsored links:

• DeeBee said:

We're doing well at snapping up the English experienced talent.. beaten by League One Clubs lol

Yeah, so much English talent out there for a reasonable price aswell...Just as I thought you started getting cheery Aletico
    I post what I feel, and I know, some factual some my opinion. Wouldn't be a forum if everyone posted the same thoughts. English players are extortionately priced, they aren't neccesarily required but you have to be dead careful selling players with a proven pedigree in Champ, English or not i.e. Yann, and replacing them with much more expensive untested talent i.e. PP, Igor etc.

I do think we need a bit more experience of the league, not downhearted about not signing C'oG as that was a non entity from the off, neither parties were agreeing.
  • Would be great if it goes through. Scored an incredible hat trick for Iceland against Switzerland in WC qualifying. Obligatory YouTube vid...

http://youtu.be/aYafhj_BjmU

And Switzerland are no mugs. Quite something.
  • thenewbie said:

Just to point out Atletico than when Yann signed, he had NO proven Championship pedigree.

He made 22 appearances for Leicester in the season he was at Leicester, 20 of which were in the Championship? lol .
  • thenewbie said:

Just to point out Atletico than when Yann signed, he had NO proven Championship pedigree.

He made 22 appearances for Leicester in the season he was at Leicester, 20 of which were in the Championship? lol .
    With 1 goal. An even worse rate than Simon Church.

If RD had signed him you'd have been so negative about it.
  • Would be great if it goes through. Scored an incredible hat trick for Iceland against Switzerland in WC qualifying. Obligatory YouTube vid...

And Switzerland are no mugs. Quite something.

He's loved over there, former Breiðablik player and a big fan/ex-player of theirs is who has told me this 'rumour', one of Johanns good friends. That game was a bit of a freak one, caught even Iceland fans off guard but a big performance none the less!
  • thenewbie said:

Yeah, and never even came close to looking as impressive as he did as an Addick. Absolutely no Leicester fans gave a toss for him leaving - the penalty was his only real contribution. Signed in August 2009, scored 1st goal for Leicester in December... 2010. Playing doesn't equal pedigree. NOW he is proven, he's shown what he can do - he did it at Charlton, not before.
  • Interesting rumour, thanks AA.

Do you know if the Bahebek rumours are true, could be two useful wingers if so....
  • thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

Yeah, and never even came close to looking as impressive as he did as an Addick. Absolutely no Leicester fans gave a toss for him leaving - the penalty was his only real contribution. Signed in August 2009, scored 1st goal for Leicester in December... 2010. Playing doesn't equal pedigree. NOW he is proven, he's shown what he can do - he did it at Charlton, not before.
    I'll leave it there as I want to leave it to rumours, but Chris Powell signed him up from what he saw of him at Leicester and at training. I really cant stress the differences enough between the English style of play and other European styles, I watch alot of Icelandic, Norweigan, different types and it takes a special type of player even from the stronger nations in Denmark, Sweden.. to gel to the English leagues.

It's just my opinion really, this wouldn't be my way of building a squad ready for the Championship, not to say the players we've signed aren't good enough.

Interesting rumour, thanks AA.

Do you know if the Bahebek rumours are true, could be two useful wingers if so....

No probs, I know that rumour is a strong one and it's certainly not false, but I can't say I've heard much of him putting pen to paper or anything stronger than just a rumour. I'll see what I can find.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!