Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Didn't like the sound of Logan Bailly, so it appears good news, that he's on trial with Bastia. I said last night that it had all gone quiet on the Bailly front and probably wasn't going to happen
  • Richard J said:

bobcafc7 said:

@ Sportifun: OFFICIAL: SC Bastia announces the arrival of Guillaume Gillet and Logan Bailly (trial). Rsca # # OHL # JPL # Ligue1

Looks like we'll be looking at other keepers then.

He was the only Goalkeeper I have seen linked with us .

Personally I would prefer an experienced British keeper , last year the experiment with Thuram did not work.

I am not too concerned about missing out on Bailly, our resident Belgian fan did not sound too impressed. Experience is vital and perhaps GK is the one position I am on the 'British over foreigner' bandwagon simply on the basis having even a top notch keeper punching everything out fills me with dread.
  • thenewbie said:

Richard J said:

bobcafc7 said:

@ Sportifun: OFFICIAL: SC Bastia announces the arrival of Guillaume Gillet and Logan Bailly (trial). Rsca # # OHL # JPL # Ligue1

Looks like we'll be looking at other keepers then.

He was the only Goalkeeper I have seen linked with us .

Personally I would prefer an experienced British keeper , last year the experiment with Thuram did not work.

I am not too concerned about missing out on Bailly, our resident Belgian fan did not sound too impressed. Experience is vital and perhaps GK is the one position I am on the 'British over foreigner' bandwagon simply on the basis having even a top notch keeper punching everything out fills me with dread.
    He can't have been any worse than Teflon Thuram the non-stick goalkeeper

• Didn't Byl or someone else say that Baily also seemed to have a bit of a Billy Bigbollocks attitude, and lack of concentration and focus meant he was losing his way at the top level?

• Butland on loan would be great
  • Essex_Al said:

Butland on loan would be great

Is that a rumour?
  • I might just pass out with excitement if it was
  • Afra

Essex_Al said:

Is that a rumour?
    Afraid not, just me dreaming
  • Oggy Red said:

Dizzle said:

After watching this youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3mfD2kWmw I say sign him up!

Watched that video of Gudmundsson scoring all those goals for AZ in the Dutch Eredivisie, and for Iceland.
    Okay it's Youtube, Pardew's favourite scouting tool, but I was quite impressed:

First of all, he doesn't stop running; his movement and anticipation are very good.
    Seems to get himself into very good positions.

Second, has a decent touch on the ball and definitely not afraid to shoot - whether that's by looking up and placing the ball into the net or striking it venomously on the volley.

Top Dutch league and current international experience.
    And at only 23, seems to tick the boxes of good, young and hungry.

Definitely worth a look, if he's got penetration and goals in his armoury.

Lad's certainly got a finish on him and from those clips seems like he's quick of mind as well. Would be delighted to see him at the club.
  • mate who is a leeds fan said butland was pants last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Afra

Essex_Al said:

Is that a rumour?
    Well he did go on loan last season to Barnsley...
  • edited July 2014

Essex_Al said:

Afra

Essex_Al said:

Is that a rumour?
    Well he did go on loan last season to Barnsley...
    Didn't save them from being relegated though, then again Scott Carson never prevented us from exiting the Premiership :-(
  • Oggy Red said:

Didn't Byl or someone else say that Baily also seemed to have a bit of a Billy Bigbollocks attitude, and lack of concentration and focus meant he was losing his way at the top level?

Yes.
  • Essex_Al said:

I'd rather develop our own, young, English keeper than someone else's.
  • Essex_Al said:

I'd rather develop our own, young, English keeper than someone else's.
    Agree with you if Pope was ready, but I don't believe he is yet.
  • Dizzle said:

After watching this youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3mfD2kWmw I say sign him up!

He can certainly Finnish..................................

Boom
  • Blackpool boss Jose Riga is on Deportivo La Coruna shortlist

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9376371
  • Blackpool boss Jose Riga is on Deportivo La Coruna shortlist

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9376371

Get yer passport ready Jose.
  • According to this: http://www.claretandhugh.info/poyet-deal-may-have-been-a-steal/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=poyet-deal-may-have-been-a-steal

It believes that the Poyet deal is 'thought to include a West Ham agreement to loan Charlton an unnamed player for the coming season'.
  • Sponsored links:

• also says a SIX figure sum not a 7 figure sum as reported by some and seems to suggest NO sell on clause WTF ?
  • Reported as 7 figure by the club so likely to be accurate and will be revealed in the accounts over the next few years as bonus clauses are triggered. It would be great if Poyet or another West Ham player was loaned to us as part of the deal since this should be quicker and cheaper than going on the open market in order to finalise the squad for Brentford (a).
  • I think it will be vaz te on loan
  • But knowing our luck it's Carlton cole
  • edited July 2014
    they'll probably loan us Carlton Cole or a forever injured Andy Carroll
  • edited July 2014
    Charlton can confirm the club has reached an agreement with West Ham United over an undisclosed compensation figure for Diego Poyet
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140708-poyet-compensation-west-ham-1727233.aspx#fjti0ehIXhlVVQYc.99

• I think it will be vaz te on loan

Vaz Te has a good record at this level. I would be happy with that.
  • I've heard from a west ham mate its Maïga
  • I've heard from a west ham mate its Maïga

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap
    Ha ha, quality! Would rather have him than church.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!