Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Isaac Layne in on a trial from Bilericay Town. Development player though.
  • edited July 2014

thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

Just to point out Atletico than when Yann signed, he had NO proven Championship pedigree.

He made 22 appearances for Leicester in the season he was at Leicester, 20 of which were in the Championship? lol .
    Yeah, and never even came close to looking as impressive as he did as an Addick. Absolutely no Leicester fans gave a toss for him leaving - the penalty was his only real contribution. Signed in August 2009, scored 1st goal for Leicester in December... 2010. Playing doesn't equal pedigree. NOW he is proven, he's shown what he can do - he did it at Charlton, not before.
    I'll leave it there as I want to leave it to rumours, but Chris Powell signed him up from what he saw of him at Leicester and at training. I really cant stress the differences enough between the English style of play and other European styles, I watch alot of Icelandic, Norweigan, different types and it takes a special type of player even from the stronger nations in Denmark, Sweden.. to gel to the English leagues.

It's just my opinion really, this wouldn't be my way of building a squad ready for the Championship, not to say the players we've signed aren't good enough.
    That's fair enough. I can't honestly claim to have watched as much European football as yourself so I will just leave it as it stands and hope that you forgive me for hoping it is yourself doing the underestimating not our coaching team. I do hope the rumours regarding our potential new wingers are true, as I do think both have what it takes for this league.
  • Sounds promising, played a lot of games for AZ so has been playing at a higher standard than we have.
  • 1 - Gudmondsson is available on a free
    2- that hat trick was outstanding
    3 - he scored a rocket for az last season too. It's on google
    4- looks like he'd be a very interesting proposition. Sign him up
  • After watching this youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3mfD2kWmw I say sign him up!
  • And for those that want a rumour again - and a proper one at that which not many people know of. Johann Berg Gudmundsson, attacking left winger, left footed. Icelandic international and the person I'm getting it from says he'll be a good fit for us, he's 23 and has lived in London former to this. He's close to signing and will also bring a small crowd of Icelandic fans with him to see a game or two. Next few days unless it falls through.

Not going to get too excited considering a couple weeks ago you said there's be '4/5' in by the end of the week, since then we signed one, but it is football and certain transfers do fall through, fingers crossed you're right on this one as looks a good player although why do we need a left winger when we have Harriott and moussa?
  • I thought Moussa played more central
    Dizzle said:

After watching this youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3mfD2kWmw I say sign him up!

He passes the YouTube test
  • Big bob said he sees him out on the left
  • And for those that want a rumour again - and a proper one at that which not many people know of. Johann Berg Gudmundsson, attacking left winger, left footed. Icelandic international and the person I'm getting it from says he'll be a good fit for us, he's 23 and has lived in London former to this. He's close to signing and will also bring a small crowd of Icelandic fans with him to see a game or two. Next few days unless it falls through.

Not going to get too excited considering a couple weeks ago you said there's be '4/5' in by the end of the week, since then we signed one, but it is football and certain transfers do fall through, fingers crossed you're right on this one as looks a good player although why do we need a left winger when we have Harriott and moussa?

In my view left footed players are essential to maintain a balanced team. The problem is that it is estimated that only 10% of the population are lefties . I understand that Moussa is right footed.One of my criticisms of Pardew was that he left us completely unbalanced with no left footed options in midfield or up front.

Gudmundsson would provide competition for Harriott and Jackson. In my view last season AA and in the L1 promotion season Danny Hollands provided this . This ensured we looked balanced and were not predictable. For example we could vary the left footed set piece takers and not rely exclusively on Jacko .

Bubbling under it looks promising from this perspective with Daniel , Holmes-Dennis , Gerrard and Edwards all coming through the system.

• @ Sportifun: OFFICIAL: SC Bastia announces the arrival of Guillaume Gillet and Logan Bailly (trial). Rsca # # OHL # JPL # Ligue1

Looks like we'll be looking at other keepers then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

1 - Gudmondsson is available on a free
    2- that hat trick was outstanding
    3 - he scored a rocket for az last season too. It's on google
    4- looks like he'd be a very interesting proposition. Sign him up

And much more importantly, passes the Charlton Life height test .... 6' 1"

• Dizzle said:

Out of all the players we've been linked with, he has by far the best youtube montage of the lot.
  • Gudmundsson was meant to be signing for Rotherham a few weeks back. Must have fallen through.
  • bikey signed
  • Bikey signs 2 year deal
  • Welcome big bikey
  • He's a unit.

And passes the Charlton Life height test.

• Happy with that , experienced Championship player , Would take him over TBH and Johnson everytime
  • Happy with Bikey.

I wonder if that's CB done and we will go with Lennon and Gomez has back ups!
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy with Bikey.

Will that mean To Be Honest isn't coming?

• Welcome Mr bikey. Good luck mate.
  • Very happy with Bikey - from his experience, at least, something of a step up from Dervitte.
  • Oggy Red said:

Happy with Bikey.

Will that mean To Be Honest isn't coming?

TBH I dont know if TBH is coming in.
  • this is the rumours thread, can someone start a separate thread confirming his signing, he deserves it.
  • We have always had a bit of a soft underbelly - Bikey and Buyens appear to have a bit of steel about them which is good to see
  • edited July 2014
    Dizzle said:

Watched that video of Gudmundsson scoring all those goals for AZ in the Dutch Eredivisie, and for Iceland.
    Okay it's Youtube, Pardew's favourite scouting tool, but I was quite impressed:

First of all, he doesn't stop running; his movement and anticipation are very good.
    Seems to get himself into very good positions.

Second, has a decent touch on the ball and definitely not afraid to shoot - whether that's by looking up and placing the ball into the net or striking it venomously on the volley.

Top Dutch league and current international experience.
    And at only 23, seems to tick the boxes of good, young and hungry.

Definitely worth a look, if he's got penetration and goals in his armoury.

• If he plays on the Left as well then with his pedigree he'll be good competition for Callum Harriott (Who's main problem at the moment is that he probably thinks he's a dead cert for LM (kinda like Ben Hamer the last few seasons... When he doesnt have any competition for the position his form would drop))
  • From The Guardian: Millwall are using their tungsten-reinforced fishing rod to dangle hulking defender Danny Shittu as bait in an attempt to secure Oldham’s highly rated Jonson Clarke-Harris.
  • bobcafc7 said:

@ Sportifun: OFFICIAL: SC Bastia announces the arrival of Guillaume Gillet and Logan Bailly (trial). Rsca # # OHL # JPL # Ligue1

Looks like we'll be looking at other keepers then.

He was the only Goalkeeper I have seen linked with us .

Personally I would prefer an experienced British keeper , last year the experiment with Thuram did not work.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!