Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Yes please!
  • Be surprised if Brighton dont come in with another offer themselves...
  • Fulham bid 11m for Ross McCormack. Accepted.
  • Fulham bid 11m for Ross McCormack. Accepted.

This right here is where parachute payments have gone mad. One Championship club paying another £11m for a player.
  • edited July 2014
    11 m for Ross Mccormack. Fulham are a basket case.
  • I was told that a commentator at the World Cup had said that Boanos would be coming on trial to us, anyone know anything ?
  • Oh PLEASE Fulham do a Wolves after that
  • edited July 2014
    That is crazy. Apart from the craziness of a second tier club paying that for one player - IMO he isn't worth anyway near that.
  • Would be if he gets them up. Bit like QPR buying Austin.
  • edited July 2014
    Apart from last season what has McCormack even done really... six seasons in the Championship since leaving Scotland and his stats read.

Cardiff City:
    - 08/09 - 38 Appearances (21-Goals)
    - 09/10 - 34 Appearances (4-Goals)
    - 10/11 - 2 Appearances

Leeds United
    - 10/11 - 20 Appearances (2-Goals)
    - 11/12 - 45 Appearances (18-Goals)
    - 12/13 - 32 Appearances (5-Goals)
    - 13/14 - 43 Appearances (28-Goals)

Granted three seasons he's scored pretty much 20 goals a season but £11m for someone who usually struggles to get more than 5 is madness
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:

Would be if he gets them up. Bit like QPR buying Austin.

Austin was ‘only’ £4.5m, admittedly he has injury worries but I’d say he’s the more complete player and a couple of years younger. Although the McCormack price tag says otherwise, this could suggest Fulham are taking the division lightly – ie they’ll go up so £11m isn’t a big deal. That has been many a club’s downfall.

And if that’s going to get me in trouble as it’s not a rumour then err, Charlton are signing this guy: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nortei_Nortey
  • could have got Rhodes for less, know who I'd prefer. Signing McCormack guarantees nothing and I can't see Fulham making the top six. Even with parachute payments 11m for a Championship club is bonkers.
  • Granpa said:

I was told that a commentator at the World Cup had said that Boanos would be coming on trial to us, anyone know anything ?

I think what he said was that he did have a trial with us and was signed on a year long loan but it fell through due to being unable to get a work permit as he had not made enough international appearances at the time.
  • Granpa said:

I was told that a commentator at the World Cup had said that Boanos would be coming on trial to us, anyone know anything ?

Not coming on trial now he did a few years ago, there was a Work Permit issue
  • I think Leeds without McCormack last season could have been catastrophic for them. If one player in any side dragged their team through the season into a respectable position it was him. He was outstanding at The Valley and of course we'd have been three points closer to our finishing line if he hadn't have played. If a comparison with Rhodes is to be made I would say that, despite his record, I just never get that feeling of real danger when Rhodes is around the box that I feel when McCormack is anywhere within eighteen yards of the goal.

Having said that, it just goes to show what you can hold out for when a club with parachute money wants one of your players. Now as for Welsh international and goal scoring sensation Simon Church...the bidding starts at 15k..Cardiff? Norwich? Anyone..?
  • 11m is stupid money. Thats a decent prem quality striker price from overseas. How much was Wilfred Bony? Giroud? Michu? Remy? Benteke? Fulhum could well be a car crash this season if their big gamble doesnt pay off.
  • I think Leeds without McCormack last season could have been catastrophic for them. If one player in any side dragged their team through the season into a respectable position it was him. He was outstanding at The Valley and of course we'd have been three points closer to our finishing line if he hadn't have played. If a comparison with Rhodes is to be made I would say that, despite his record, I just never get that feeling of real danger when Rhodes is around the box that I feel when McCormack is anywhere within eighteen yards of the goal.

Having said that, it just goes to show what you can hold out for when a club with parachute money wants one of your players. Now as for Welsh international and goal scoring sensation Simon Church...the bidding starts at 15k..Cardiff? Norwich? Anyone..?

We'd have also been two points nearer the relegation zone if Hamer hadn't saved his last minute penalty at Leeds :-0 Crazy money IMO and this is what your mid table Championship club is up against not to mention those clubs getting promoted from League 1 Wolves aside. Yeovil and Donny getting relegated last year cases in point.
  • Bony was £12m and Michu was £2m
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted said:

11m is stupid money. Thats a decent prem quality striker price from overseas. How much was Wilfred Bony? Giroud? Michu? Remy? Benteke? Fulhum could well be a car crash this season if their big gamble doesnt pay off.

Benteke-£7 Million
    Remy-£8 Million
    Giroud-£9.6 Million
    Simon Church-Free
    Yeah but that big gamble with Simon Church nearly didn't pay off.

• Changing the subject, Ive just ready that Blackpool only have 8 senior players.

Good luck Jose.
  • Can we sign someone today please, I'm quite bored at work and i have the kids sports day to go to at lunch :(
  • dickplumb said:

11 m for Ross Mccormack. Fulham are a basket case.

Surely you've missed a decimal point. That's batshit mental
  • edited July 2014
    Fumbluff said:

Can we sign someone today please, I'm quite bored at work and i have the kids sports day to go to at lunch :(

Egg and spoon for parents? Start warming up it'll pass the time :-)
  • But Church worst value for money.

Considering he was a free that makes sense

wages
  • J BLOCK said:

But Church worst value for money.

wages
    I highly doubt he was that much and was he really a waste?

His goal at Blackburn away- got up 3 points

His goal away at sheff weds- got up in 1/4 final of fa cup?

Goal in the 2-0 win Vs Doncaster which help secure safety

Granted he may not have smashed it but take away them goals and we would be down
  • J BLOCK said:

But Church worst value for money.

wages
    I highly doubt he was that much and was he really a waste?

His goal at Blackburn away- got up 3 points

His goal away at sheff weds- got up in 1/4 final of fa cup?

Goal in the 2-0 win Vs Doncaster which help secure safety

Granted he may not have smashed it but take away them goals and we would be down
    LOL so we would of played with ten men?? How do we know his replacement would not have got a hattrick in each game - just saying like.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!