Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Rumours please! Thread goes to the top, and instead of an exciting new signing, we get stories of a bloke called Wayne.
  • edited July 2014

Rumours please! Thread goes to the top, and instead of an exciting new signing, we get stories of a bloke called Wayne.

Oh look thread police out again
  • edited July 2014
    Just a suggestion but how about a thread run by admin with just a list of all players we've been linked with with a link to where the rumour came from for the boring people. The thread can be kept closed and reopened so nobody can comment. And keep this one for discussion.
  • Swisdom said:

id rather have domestic ... apparently Wayne Kerr is available but doesnt want to leave Sheffield

He's looking to strike up a partnership with their new striker Mike Hunt
    I actually knew a guy called Wayne Kerr, seriously....Funny thing is he actually was a waynekerr. as i remember. Got some clever parents down here in NZ. Had a mate who swore black and blue there was a girl at his school called Anita Dick (say it with an American accent)
    http://www.waynekerrtest.com/

There's a respected electronics company by the name of Wayne Kerr, I remember at school using some of their equipment :-)
  • Reminds me of the IT Crowd episode where Jen starts dating a bloke called Peter File.
  • Rumours please! Thread goes to the top, and instead of an exciting new signing, we get stories of a bloke called Wayne.

Barely any rumours to be had, we've done the huge majority of our business.. they're out in Spain gelling :- )
  • I played football with 2 brothers called sid and stan steel.
  • edited July 2014
    boogica said:

I played football with 2 brothers called sid and stan steel.

Were they hard in the tackle and sharp with their passing? :-0
  • if they played now would they be a bit rusty
  • boogica said:

Heard of them - best mates with a guy called Neil Downe.
  • Sponsored links:

• boogica said:

Heard of them - best mates with a guy called Neil Downe.
    Didn't he play in the same team as Roly Over ?

• It would be terrible if we had a 'funny names thread' constantly interupted by runours of players we might sign.

I went to school with two Chinese identical twins called Melvin and Kelvin...
  • Surprised no one has mentioned Wayne Kerr's Spanish cousin Juan.
  • edited July 2014
    I went to school with a boy called Wayne King. No joke. Poor kid.
  • We had a client called Carey hunt.
  • Was Neil downe friends with Phil mcavity ?
  • Girl at my school was called Tammy Wragge. Not a rumour, gospel truth.
  • Girl in my primary school from Malaysia whose name was pronounced pooey man! Being genuinely serious!
  • My mate shagged a bird who was called Poojar
  • Dizzle said:

My mate shagged a bird who was called Poojar

That's Puja. It's a very popular Indian name. It means Prayer.

I knew Michael Hunt at my school. He lived down the road from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Im sure it is. I didnt ask how she spelled it. Certainly pronounced as Poojar which took me by surprise the first time. I didnt know the meaning. I am going to text him now and tell that actually
  • Sheffield Wednesday are being linked with two players at different French clubs. Saint-Etienne's 34-year-old striker Brandao, who has one year remaining on his contract with Les Verts, is said to have visited the Championship club to see their facilities but is holding out for a better wage offer. Meanwhile, Istres midfielder Florian Tardieu, 22, is reportedly set to sign for the Owls.
  • edited July 2014
  • this may be funny to some but for most of us it's a pain in the fucking arse. log on and see xxx new posts on rumours thread, get excited, then read a page or so of dross about supposedly funny names. i assume you are all bunking off school. admin - sort it out please.

This
  • this may be funny to some but for most of us it's a pain in the fucking arse. log on and see xxx new posts on rumours thread, get excited, then read a page or so of dross about supposedly funny names. i assume you are all bunking off school. admin - sort it out please.

Chill, Large.

Think about that hot tub when you get home tonight....

That's better .

Chill, Large.

That's better .

it was lovely at 10.30pm last night I must admit.

• edited July 2014

this may be funny to some but for most of us it's a pain in the fucking arse. log on and see xxx new posts on rumours thread, get excited, then read a page or so of dross about supposedly funny names. i assume you are all bunking off school. admin - sort it out please.

Chill, Large.

That's better .

it was lovely at 10.30pm last night I must admit.

Not wishing to be personal Large and as I have never used one, is there the equivalent of a plimsoll line in the tub?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!