Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

famous people you have met

Comments

• Had a brief chat with the lovely Glenn Tilbrook after his superb Glasgow solo gig last night. He's down in the dumps about cafc and has given up his ST.

@Curb_It do you remember the private gig in the cons club?
    Great night
  • Was in LA recently on business and was invited to a BAFTA film screening at Writers Guild Theatre by a friend of mine who is CEO of BAFTA over there. Film was La La Land - and we sat down to watch it and there were two empty seats next to me and my friend.

Friend stands up as its about to start and shouts out "I thought you were going to be late!"

Spent the next 90 mins watching Emma Stone and Ryan Goslings new film ..... Next to Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.

Quite odd asking her if she was ok with heights in one scene.....

"Damien I was in Spider Man you know"

Course you were Emma.

You talked during the film? Terrible.
  • Did you meet all those 'celebrities' in Stockport? Jesus Christ.... I very much doubt it

Ha, not quite in Stockport but close by. Surprisingly to most, the SK postcode has some of the most affluent areas away from the south such as Alderley Edge and Prestbury to name just two, which is where the north west footballers live along with countless other celebs. I work at my CEO's house and Sir Chris Hoy is his next door neighbour. My CEO supports charities such as help for heroes, the Princes Trust and Shooting Star Chase which is how I get to meet a lot of them at fund raising events. I forgot to include Ray Parlour, I met him at a fund raiser held at Macclesfield's ground on Thursday night.
  • C_A_F_C said:

I'd love to meet Ant and Dec go up and ask for a picture with one of them and completely ignore the other one.

no need to ignore one of them when they could be taking the photo of you and the other one!
  • My stepson was at the X-Factor on saturday and met Demot Oleary, he asked Dermot if he could have a photo with him, the reply was 'no, I dont do photos'.
    My stepson reckons he is a grade A twat.
  • Poor Willy Caballero
  • Greenie said:

My stepson was at the X-Factor on saturday and met Demot Oleary, he asked Dermot if he could have a photo with him, the reply was 'no, I dont do photos'.

Exactly what is an A grade twat.....just wondering.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

When I started sixth form and decided to get a part-time job. I ended up working evenings in Catford alongside a few kids from my school, Colfes and Prendergast Girls. Amongst the Colfes boys was a 16-year-old kid, trying to earn some dough to buy equipment to start up a band, in the style of Sham 69. We got on well, had a few laughs, talked about football - his team was West Ham, despite coming from Lewisham. His name was Micky Fitzsimmons or Micky Fitz for short, and after leaving school went into the music business alongside his mate Lol Pryor, who managed his band called the Business, one of the pioneers of Oi Music. MIcky and his band went from strength to strength and we're still going well up until recently. Micky Fitz sadly died last week after a long illness, at the age of 57.

It's sad when a contemporary dies, and although I hadn't seen him for a number of years. I occasionally bumped into him in the Charing Cross area. Micky was Proper West Ham. I'm not into that particular style of music, but found myself watching a few videos on You Tube this weekend. I think Micky counts as famous. Oi, Oi.

That's sad news, I saw The Business three or four times, always a good gig.
  • I used to work with one of Pan's People, but can I remember her bloody name right now? Nope.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

My stepson was at the X-Factor on saturday and met Demot Oleary, he asked Dermot if he could have a photo with him, the reply was 'no, I dont do photos'.

Exactly what is an A grade twat.....just wondering.
    Well it can be many things, it can be people who want to start an internet argument.
    It can be people on the internet who because of their own insecurities, will always look to pull apart other peoples posts and grammar.
    It can also be Dermot OLeary.

I have no doubt that one of the above will be along soon. But I don't suppose Dermot posts on here much these days.
    It's O'Leary, not Oleary.
    I've been stood here waiting for someone to come along since 9.35 this morning........... ;o)
  • Spoke to Paul Merson in Teddington this morning
  • What did he have to say for himself?
  • Jedward.

Please don't ask!
  • Sponsored links:

• Great stealth photography @Phantom User ! What is she doing in that picture? Looks like she's just seen you taking a photo and is about to make a lunge towards you.

Always though she looked well haggard in Spooks.
  • No, that's thai Malaysia addiack's stealth photo from last week.
    I think I messed up the quote thing, so just nicked his photo for my post :)
  • Curb_It said:

What did he have to say for himself?

Not a lot, hello was about it
  • Hmmm, can't see the resemblance personally.
  • aliwibble said:

I used to work with one of Pan's People, but can I remember her bloody name right now? Nope.

Big babs
  • Saw Magnus Carlson in the cafe earlier, asked him to pass the salt and pepper and it took him 20 minutes ffs
  • Saw Magnus Carlson in the cafe earlier, asked him to pass the salt and pepper and it took him 20 minutes ffs

I bet you had his bishop in your hand though.

I bet you had his bishop in your hand though.
    More like a prawn
  • edited December 2016

Saw Magnus Carlson in the cafe earlier, asked him to pass the salt and pepper and it took him 20 minutes ffs

Looks like that was lost on here IB. Imagine the empty clang it would of received on Spanners_On_a_Line!