Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    The Queen
    Prince Philip (photo evidence as well)
    Nick Mason
    Paul Elliott (Charlton player)
    Curbs
    Carl Leaburn
    Neil Warnock (on a train - nice bloke)
    Mark Bright (he isn’t very bright !!)
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I worked on a TV show a couple of years back and there was a young lad who I described as 'wanting to be the only gay in the village' on account of how loud and brash he was, as if he wanted people to notice him all the time. This is TV, where tons of people are openly gay, but I guess he was enjoying being in surroundings where he could be open about it. He was probably a nice chap, just very, very loud and sometimes obnoxious. 

I was relieved when I found out he had taken a sideways step to another team. It meant he would come into the studio much later in the day. The main presenter who got him that job recently left I think! 

Many of the people who appeared on that show would hang out in the production office and were often great to talk to - the TV doctor gave me advice on my bowel movements, that guy who knows a lot about money wouldn't stop talking about what we should do with our money. A chubby Irish chap would wander in on a Friday and be quite funny. A Spice Girl perched on my desk while chatting to someone else and frankly, I was fine with that. 

But the two main hosts, they were not nice people. 
    WE NEED NAMES !!!!!

( Especially the guy with the bowel movements' advice ....) 
    Let's just say I didn't write that This Afternoon!  
    Are you saying HW is not a nice person? I always thought she came across as a good'un.
    I should rephrase that as neither one came across as nice or approachable. To me, they were aloof and did not seem remotely interested in anyone from the production team outside of the few they had to deal with. As a freelancer I don't expect them to know who I am, but I don't think they knew or cared who anyone was! 

I would have to do a bit of work that involved her each morning and she never once spoke to me directly, just through my boss if she wanted me to change something. Literally nobody else there was like that. In fact I can't think of any other presenters I've worked with that have been like that. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I worked on a TV show a couple of years back and there was a young lad who I described as 'wanting to be the only gay in the village' on account of how loud and brash he was, as if he wanted people to notice him all the time. This is TV, where tons of people are openly gay, but I guess he was enjoying being in surroundings where he could be open about it. He was probably a nice chap, just very, very loud and sometimes obnoxious. 

I was relieved when I found out he had taken a sideways step to another team. It meant he would come into the studio much later in the day. The main presenter who got him that job recently left I think! 

Many of the people who appeared on that show would hang out in the production office and were often great to talk to - the TV doctor gave me advice on my bowel movements, that guy who knows a lot about money wouldn't stop talking about what we should do with our money. A chubby Irish chap would wander in on a Friday and be quite funny. A Spice Girl perched on my desk while chatting to someone else and frankly, I was fine with that. 

WE NEED NAMES !!!!!

Are you saying HW is not a nice person? I always thought she came across as a good'un.
    I should rephrase that as neither one came across as nice or approachable. To me, they were aloof and did not seem remotely interested in anyone from the production team outside of the few they had to deal with. As a freelancer I don't expect them to know who I am, but I don't think they knew or cared who anyone was! 

I would have to do a bit of work that involved her each morning and she never once spoke to me directly, just through my boss if she wanted me to change something. Literally nobody else there was like that. In fact I can't think of any other presenters I've worked with that have been like that. 
    I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that the nice, bubbly and down to earth TV persona isn't entirely accurate and that was well before all the PS scandal stuff came to light.
  • Options
    I met HW and PS many, many times over the last 6 or 7 years and always found them to be very nice and approachable. That was in the charity event environment tbf and I appreciate meeting them in their everyday work place could see two very different personalities.  
  • Options
    Just read through this for the first time.
    Crikey @ROTW you might have been ahead of the game there 😳

Met loads of celebs/famous peeps over the years.

Only yesterday was sat drinking non alcoholic beer with Dr Pixie McKenna (embarrassing bodies fame). She has a holiday home here. The whole of West Cork is full of celebs tbh.
    The most famous being Mr Norton (who I have met) & so hoping against hope it isn’t him as I think the whole of Ireland would need therapy 🫣
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

WE NEED NAMES !!!!!

This is exactly how the Daily Mirror reported it so it must be true.
  • Options
    mike gatting (yes and he did eat a lot )
    He went to my school along with his Brother Steve and Ricky Hill. ( A few years before i was there)
    Used to regularly see him in Sainsburys with, I assume, his elderly Dad.
    Once saw him catch something he knocked off a shelf.
    Yes i did get a "Howzat!" In....he didn't even smile!

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Robert De Niro and Barrack Obama probably my two most famous.

I was staying in a tent in Wales and in the tent next to me was Roberto De Niro, i absolutely smashed him at swing ball he was furious.

Also Jimmy Bullard once in Greenwich town centre late at night , pissed chasing tacis that had people in and opening the doors whilst they were moving. Funnily enough this was when he was on loan at Ipswich but too injured to play.
  • Options
    Friend of mine from work ended up exchanging some very-very mildly suggestive messages with Huw Edwards on Instagram a couple of Fridays ago. Having read the messages, I think he was just being friendly/older generation innocently not really getting social media... but it was funny.
    Looks like he has been bought off
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I once met Gemma Arterton shopping in a well known underwear shop ....oh wait, no, that was just a dream.
    Have I said i'd had lunch with her?
    I've been to an ADR with her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I drank in the Circa Bar at Berkley Square early 90's met Tom Jones, Michael Caine and Terrence Trent D'Arby. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    When I drank in the Circa Bar at Berkley Square early 90's met Tom Jones, Michael Caine and Terrence Trent D'Arby. 
    Not a lot of people know that. 
  • Options
    might have met a few more if he let you stay.
  • Options
    Tom Hardy and his little dog. Aaah. 
  • Options
    Old office job, quite a lot but the biggest names I can think of are

Keeley Hawes
    Matthew Macfadyen
    David Walliams
    Matt Lucas
    Idris Elba
    Tom Hiddleston
    Robert Pattinson
    Jenna Coleman
    Lily James
    Joanna Page
    Lee Mack

In my cab -

John Terry
    Cesc Fabregas
    Callum Mcmanaman (least famous but knew him)
    Cat Deeley
    Kelly Brook
    Rod Gilbert
    Angela Rayner
    Gregory Porter
    Emma Thompson 
    Callum Best
  • Options

Keeley Hawes
    Matthew Macfadyen
    David Walliams
    Matt Lucas
    Idris Elba
    Tom Hiddleston
    Robert Pattinson
    Jenna Coleman
    Lily James
    Joanna Page
    Lee Mack

In my cab -

John Terry
    Cesc Fabregas
    Cat Deeley
    Kelly Brook
    Rod Gilbert
    Angela Rayner
    Gregory Porter
    Emma Thompson 
    Callum Best
    But what we want to know is who were nice and who were pricks!

I understand from people that have worked with him that Walliams is a big one.
  • Options
    Christ jealous you met Lily James. She is top 5 in the world for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Keeley Hawes
    Matthew Macfadyen
    David Walliams
    Matt Lucas
    Idris Elba
    Tom Hiddleston
    Robert Pattinson
    Jenna Coleman
    Lily James
    Joanna Page
    Lee Mack

In my cab -

John Terry
    Cesc Fabregas
    Cat Deeley
    Kelly Brook
    Rod Gilbert
    Angela Rayner
    Gregory Porter
    Emma Thompson 
    Callum Best

In the office its hard to judge but Hawes could give it some when she wanted. Had a right go at our receptionist once. Proper lost her rag.

In the cab, Brook was a bit of a misery but she did spend the journey on the phone to ocado having a ruck because half her food shop hadn't turned up. Only had a chat with a few of them but Gregory Porter was a very nice chap and believe it or not JT and Mrs were decent. That's the real mrs by the way, not one of the others he may well have been boinking at the time.
  • Options
    Karl Howman from Brush Strokes, I saw him in the Churchill Theatre in Bromley.
    Was in the bar during the interval and asked him to sign the ticket, knowing he was Charlton from memory I asked him to sign it "Roland Out".  That created conversation and he was very chatty and pleasant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Jeff Stelling - as a quiz show contestant
    Sandi Toksvig - ditto
    Stephen Mulhern - ditto
    Ben Shephard - ditto
    Ray Rearden - holiday camp
    John Virgo - holiday camp
    Henry Cooper - Nizels Golf Club
    Mick Robertson (Magpie) - at a CAFC reserve match in the 70s
    Davey Jones from The Monkees - some random summer fete in Kent
    Morten Harket from Aha when I danced on stage with them at Top of The Tops in the 80s
    Many of the Premier League footballers and managers who stayed at the Marriott Hotel, Bexleyheath with their teams playing at the Valley as I used to hang a round up there collecting autographs back then. Highlights were Bobby Robson, David Beckham, Alex Ferguson. Lowlights were Roy Keane, Jermaine Jenas and Kieran Dyer. The last 2 came out a side entrance with headphones on to avoid the 4 autograph collectors waiting to meet the Newcastle players. 
  • Options
    I knew a girl who went on Countdown. She told me Stelling was a bit of a creep which broke my heart at the time.

I've since heard from lots of people that he's a top bloke.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Alan Curbishley at Gatwick Airport and had a coffee and a natter with him.
    Chris Powell after his last ever game for us in 2008.
    Tessa Sanderson at an event and was sat next to her at the table I was on.
  • Options
    Helen Mirren outside a Paris Museum.
    Though not sure if she has met me 
  • Options
    Robert De Niro and Barrack Obama probably my two most famous.

I was staying in a tent in Wales and in the tent next to me was Roberto De Niro, i absolutely smashed him at swing ball he was furious.

Also Jimmy Bullard once in Greenwich town centre late at night , pissed chasing tacis that had people in and opening the doors whilst they were moving. Funnily enough this was when he was on loan at Ipswich but too injured to play.
    I absolutely adore Robert De Niro! It might be a cliche to say but he's my favourite actor of all. From the limited interviews he's given he seems a bit reserved and serious in person, which I was surprised to find at first.😅
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Tom Hardy and his little dog. Aaah. 
    How was he like? I read about Charlize Theron's feud with him on the set of Mad Max a couple of years ago and I've quite disliked him since. 
  • Options
    Christ jealous you met Lily James. She is top 5 in the world for me.
    Pretty much the same from all the chaps in our office. She was everyones favourite, likewise when Tom Hiddleston walked in every now and then you could hear the females jaws dropping.

Don't get it personally, he was a half decent midfielder for spurs at best.
    I never get why Tom Hiddleston is SO popular among female fans. He's not exactly that handsome, is he? There are so many hotter actors in Britain... What's his attraction? Acting skills?...
  • Options

Keeley Hawes
    Matthew Macfadyen
    David Walliams
    Matt Lucas
    Idris Elba
    Tom Hiddleston
    Robert Pattinson
    Jenna Coleman
    Lily James
    Joanna Page
    Lee Mack

In my cab -

John Terry
    Cesc Fabregas
    Cat Deeley
    Kelly Brook
    Rod Gilbert
    Angela Rayner
    Gregory Porter
    Emma Thompson 
    Callum Best

In the office its hard to judge but Hawes could give it some when she wanted. Had a right go at our receptionist once. Proper lost her rag.

In the cab, Brook was a bit of a misery but she did spend the journey on the phone to ocado having a ruck because half her food shop hadn't turned up. Only had a chat with a few of them but Gregory Porter was a very nice chap and believe it or not JT and Mrs were decent. That's the real mrs by the way, not one of the others he may well have been boinking at the time.
    Re Hawes, what a shame. I loved her performances in Line of Duty and a few  other series and always think she's a great actress. But treating people in service business badly is quite a nasty thing in my opinion. Maybe she was having a bad day but...
  • Options
    Just read through this for the first time.
    Crikey @ROTW you might have been ahead of the game there 😳

Met loads of celebs/famous peeps over the years.

Only yesterday was sat drinking non alcoholic beer with Dr Pixie McKenna (embarrassing bodies fame). She has a holiday home here. The whole of West Cork is full of celebs tbh.
    The most famous being Mr Norton (who I have met) & so hoping against hope it isn’t him as I think the whole of Ireland would need therapy 🫣
    And me pal Sam lives in Schull - he’s had a photography exhibition but not really famous