Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    Jessie said:
    Christ jealous you met Lily James. She is top 5 in the world for me.
    Pretty much the same from all the chaps in our office. She was everyones favourite, likewise when Tom Hiddleston walked in every now and then you could hear the females jaws dropping.

Don't get it personally, he was a half decent midfielder for spurs at best.
    I never get why Tom Hiddleston is SO popular among female fans. He's not exactly that handsome, is he? There are so many hotter actors in Britain... What's his attraction? Acting skills?...
    Can't believe he signed for Man U last season. Gotta be late 30's
  • Options
    Young Indian cricket superstar, Yashasvi Jaiswal, at our cricket club in Beckenham a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Just read through this for the first time.
    Crikey @ROTW you might have been ahead of the game there 😳

Met loads of celebs/famous peeps over the years.

Only yesterday was sat drinking non alcoholic beer with Dr Pixie McKenna (embarrassing bodies fame). She has a holiday home here. The whole of West Cork is full of celebs tbh.
    The most famous being Mr Norton (who I have met) & so hoping against hope it isn’t him as I think the whole of Ireland would need therapy 🫣
    And me pal Sam lives in Schull - he’s had a photography exhibition but not really famous 
    Ooh Sam who?
    I love Schull 💚
  • Options
    Young Indian cricket superstar, Yashasvi Jaiswal, at our cricket club in Beckenham a few weeks ago.
    We met Tendulkar when in Jaipur. They’d shut the whole place down so he could go to a fort!
  • Options
    Dame Kelly Holmes and Sir Clive Woodward at corporate events where they were speakers hired by the company I worked for at the time.  About ten years ago so both were more "current" then than now.  Dame Kelly was an absolute star.  Down to earth.  Showed us her gongs and couldn't have been more approachable.  Not the most natural public speaker but her charm got her through.  Sir Clive was dull as ditchwater. 

Sandy Lyle, Nick Faldo and Ian Woosnam when I was a young lad marshalling at the "Glasgow Classic" in 1983.  :Lyle was nice (still have the ball he gave me), Faldo was aloof and Woosie was unbelievably small.

Had lunch with Jean Van de Velde a few years ago at the senior's PGA event at the London Club.  My mate and I had hospitality tickets so had access to the players lounge.  He was utterly charming and spent a lot of time with us.  It was a very hot day and he told us in beautifully French accented English that "it was so hot out there I wanted to jump in the water" to which my mate inexcusably said "well you've got a bit pf previous there mate". Jean took it very well.  
  • Options
    Sorry if mentioned before 
    Bob Monkhouse & his wife
    in Dallas Fort Worth airport 
    Then again in Vegas 
    such a great fantastic bloke 
  • Options
    My 1st job of the day today. Nigella Lawson 😍
  • Options
    Met Andy Gray, Peter Reid and George Best in Dover Street wine bar in the late 90’s. 

Steve Finn at Brighton Races

Craig McGillivray at Epsom races not long after he joined. His now wife’s patent had a horse which won. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parents. Lol. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Old office job, quite a lot but the biggest names I can think of are

Keeley Hawes
    Matthew Macfadyen
    David Walliams
    Matt Lucas
    Idris Elba
    Tom Hiddleston
    Robert Pattinson
    Jenna Coleman
    Lily James
    Joanna Page
    Lee Mack

In my cab -

John Terry
    Cesc Fabregas
    Callum Mcmanaman (least famous but knew him)
    Cat Deeley
    Kelly Brook
    Rod Gilbert
    Angela Rayner
    Gregory Porter
    Emma Thompson 
    Callum Best
    But what we want to know is who were nice and who were pricks!

I understand from people that have worked with him that Walliams is a big one.
    In the office its hard to judge but Hawes could give it some when she wanted. Had a right go at our receptionist once. Proper lost her rag.

In the cab, Brook was a bit of a misery but she did spend the journey on the phone to ocado having a ruck because half her food shop hadn't turned up. Only had a chat with a few of them but Gregory Porter was a very nice chap and believe it or not JT and Mrs were decent. That's the real mrs by the way, not one of the others he may well have been boinking at the time.
    Re Hawes, what a shame. I loved her performances in Line of Duty and a few  other series and always think she's a great actress. But treating people in service business badly is quite a nasty thing in my opinion. Maybe she was having a bad day but...
    I think that was it. She was just having a bad day and she apologised another day. She is actually really nice.
  • Options
    Dame Kelly Holmes and Sir Clive Woodward at corporate events where they were speakers hired by the company I worked for at the time.  About ten years ago so both were more "current" then than now.  Dame Kelly was an absolute star.  Down to earth.  Showed us her gongs and couldn't have been more approachable.  Not the most natural public speaker but her charm got her through.  Sir Clive was dull as ditchwater. 

Sandy Lyle, Nick Faldo and Ian Woosnam when I was a young lad marshalling at the "Glasgow Classic" in 1983.  :Lyle was nice (still have the ball he gave me), Faldo was aloof and Woosie was unbelievably small.

Had lunch with Jean Van de Velde a few years ago at the senior's PGA event at the London Club.  My mate and I had hospitality tickets so had access to the players lounge.  He was utterly charming and spent a lot of time with us.  It was a very hot day and he told us in beautifully French accented English that "it was so hot out there I wanted to jump in the water" to which my mate inexcusably said "well you've got a bit pf previous there mate". Jean took it very well.  

We had Sir Clive come to give a talk to our clients in our little office a few years ago.  I was very panicky because it was just me if anything went wrong.  It did, we couldn't get his presentation running... but as luck would have it, he had brought his own IT man with him and he took it all in his stride and didn't get agitated once.  He even went out of his way to tell my boss that it was me that had saved the day (when in reality I had been hiding under the table starting at cables shaking) and remembering my name.  I thought he was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

We had Sir Clive come to give a talk to our clients in our little office a few years ago.  I was very panicky because it was just me if anything went wrong.  It did, we couldn't get his presentation running... but as luck would have it, he had brought his own IT man with him and he took it all in his stride and didn't get agitated once.  He even went out of his way to tell my boss that it was me that had saved the day (when in reality I had  him in a head lock) and remembering my name.  I thought he was pretty cool.

• Options
    The Queen
    The King
    Harry Cripps
  • Options
    Gaz Coombes from Supergrass, Nick Hornby and former Spanish President Mariano Rajoy. Separately and not at the same time though - they are not some kind of rock supergroup. 
  • Options
    Met Clive Mendonca at Fratton Park once...was starstruck!!

Also met George Best at Fratton Park..had a picture with him but had to hold him up and he was smashed! I was 15 then.

Met Sam Alladyce when he was managing Bolton after they beat Southampton. Asked him if he was close to signing Rivaldo (rumoured at the time) and he laughed and said "could you imagine Rivaldo wanting to live in Bolton"!
  • Options
    Just me Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman on set. He didn't bite at a Wrexham dig lol
  • Options
    Just remembered one from back in the day  , Jo Brand , i spent the day at Birmingham City Football club , had a little part in one her sketch shows . i must say she was great , a really nice person 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Also met Kelly at a corporate event and can confirm that she drives a very loud blue porsche, but is absolutely lovely.
  • Options

Also met Kelly at a corporate event and can confirm that she drives a very loud blue porsche, but is absolutely lovely.
    What about her gongs? Did she show you too?
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Tom Hardy and his little dog. Aaah. 
    How was he like? I read about Charlize Theron's feud with him on the set of Mad Max a couple of years ago and I've quite disliked him since. 
    He was perfectly polite/amiable but you could see he had that intense/takes his work too seriously kinda thing going on behind those puppy dog eyes
  • Options

Looks like the clientele in an average Blackpool boozer 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Looks like the clientele in an average Blackpool boozer 
    Nah, he ain't Scottish 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:

What about her gongs? Did she show you too?
    No, just one.