Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Played golf with Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy) once, only I didn’t recognise him. Told me after the round. Very nice fella. 
  • Options
    I do think it's reasonable that the public are made aware, IF a leading BBC employee, presenting royal wedding programmes etc to the world, is allegedly sending semi naked photos of himself on social media.
    (I've seen the photos).
    Why?

What business of ours is it if a famous person wants to send semi naked pictures privately on social media in his free time? - the only question is whether it started when the individual was 17 or not, because if they were that would be against the law.  The rest is just salacious and frankly none of our business, even if it is an ill advised thing to do, and probably considered immoral given his marital and family status.

The fact that The Sun have pivoted their coverage to talking about 23 year olds and alleged "abusive messages" suggests that perhaps their evidence for what they originally reported in their story on Saturday is shaky at best.

If something illegal occurred then absolutely the police should investigate this and they should be allowed to conduct their enquiries, but the sun is attempting trial by media here as they always do and jumping the gun (and throwing on some lighter fluid to the fire for good measure) 

edit to add - just seen that the police have concluded that no criminality occurred. So all of above still stands and my position is it is none of our business. My advice to HE would be start up an Onlyfans screw the news that's where the real money is these days !
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I served Anthony Costa once when I worked at Wickes - his Mrs is a right sort. They bought some chain link wiring because their dog kept getting out of the garden. Served Kush from Eastenders a couple of times but I didn't know at the time until a couple of the older ladies came running up to me afterwards like a bunch of teenage girls asking what he was like - I was baffled and still am to be honest. 

Oh and I was the next bowling aisle over from Nick Berry once. He didn't get a strike. 

Its probably not enough to start a new thread but i'd love to hear if anyone has met any lower tier famous people than me in a more mundane way? kind of a "bottom trumps" kind of deal!?

I was once in the adjacent bowling lane to some bloke from The Bill. He wasn't Reg Hollis, D.I. Burnside or PC Stamp. Just one of the young blokes on it in the mid 2000s when it was on its way out. How's that for mundane?
  • Options
    The Huw Edwards chat has no relevance to this light hearted thread. There is a BBC thread in House of Commoners for that. Thanks 
  • Options
    I served Anthony Costa once when I worked at Wickes - his Mrs is a right sort. They bought some chain link wiring because their dog kept getting out of the garden. Served Kush from Eastenders a couple of times but I didn't know at the time until a couple of the older ladies came running up to me afterwards like a bunch of teenage girls asking what he was like - I was baffled and still am to be honest. 

Oh and I was the next bowling aisle over from Nick Berry once. He didn't get a strike. 

Its probably not enough to start a new thread but i'd love to hear if anyone has met any lower tier famous people than me in a more mundane way? kind of a "bottom trumps" kind of deal!?

I was once in the adjacent bowling lane to some bloke from The Bill. He wasn't Reg Hollis, D.I. Burnside or PC Stamp. Just one of the young blokes on it in the mid 2000s when it was on its way out. How's that for mundane?
    My parents next door neighbour is Johnny Herbert's cousin. Met him once. Friendly.
  • Options

that's impressive. Not even a name i like it

any advances people?
  • Options
    one of my mates used to work weekends at an all night petrol station in Bishops Stortford Essex that the babestation girls used to frequent at 4 AM on their way home. 

It was very impressive to us as 22 year old lads at the time.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Tom Hardy and his little dog. Aaah. 
    How was he like? I read about Charlize Theron's feud with him on the set of Mad Max a couple of years ago and I've quite disliked him since. 
    I met a guy back in 2012 who did some work on a Bentley I owned. He had been in charge of making and maintaining the cars used on Mad Max. To say that he didn't have a good word to say about Charlize is an understatement. 
    Wow... the other side of the story then. I know very little about those two actors outside of their works. Just always in awe of Charlize Theron's beauty and really loved her in The Cider House Rules and other films. Tom Hardy is a great actor judging from all the films that I've seen him in. Well, maybe they just didn't get along with each other... But one thing I don't think was Theron's fault was that Tom Hardy was often late for shooting.
    The other interesting thing about the film was the location. They decided to film a lot of it in the desert areas around Broken Hill. However, they had an amazing unprecedented rainfall and suddenly the desert was full of beautiful and some rare flowers. So 150 trucks, took all the gear to Sydney and loaded all the gear and cars etc onto ships and set off for Namibia where they finally shot the scenes. 

Charlize may be beautiful, but by this guys account it sounded like she was absolutely hideous to work with. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:
    How was he like? I read about Charlize Theron's feud with him on the set of Mad Max a couple of years ago and I've quite disliked him since. 
    I met a guy back in 2012 who did some work on a Bentley I owned. He had been in charge of making and maintaining the cars used on Mad Max. To say that he didn't have a good word to say about Charlize is an understatement. 
    Wow... the other side of the story then. I know very little about those two actors outside of their works. Just always in awe of Charlize Theron's beauty and really loved her in The Cider House Rules and other films. Tom Hardy is a great actor judging from all the films that I've seen him in. Well, maybe they just didn't get along with each other... But one thing I don't think was Theron's fault was that Tom Hardy was often late for shooting.
    The other interesting thing about the film was the location. They decided to film a lot of it in the desert areas around Broken Hill. However, they had an amazing unprecedented rainfall and suddenly the desert was full of beautiful and some rare flowers. So 150 trucks, took all the gear to Sydney and loaded all the gear and cars etc onto ships and set off for Namibia where they finally shot the scenes. 

Charlize may be beautiful, but by this guys account it sounded like she was absolutely hideous to work with. 
    I just looked her up and read this article. https://www.nickiswift.com/75469/shady-side-charlize-theron/

Seems she had a rough childhood and has indeed a reputation of being mean to people in general...😱 Her comments on The Cider House Rules costar Tobey Maguire were awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpA1CdhINNE

I always drag this one out when people don't realise exactly what they see isn't really real... here is Uncle Albert talking posh 
  • Options
    Had a piss in the next urinal to Ricky Tomlinson at Goodison Park when we were both in the same hospitality lounge. He looks very odd in a suit and tie. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

My parents next door neighbour is Johnny Herbert's cousin. Met him once. Friendly.
    Wow, you’ve met Johnny Herbert’s cousin!
  • Options
    There's another new and mundane thread - people who's relatives you know, or who your relatives know...  :D

I used to work with Linda Lusardi's cousin, and my wife's best mate at school (and still a good friend) was Barry Sheene's cousin. My uncle Jack used to live next to Herbie Flowers in Australia. 

They don't come much bigger... 
  • Options
    Paul Daniels once held the door open for me as I went from the pub to the pub garden with three pints, and acknowledged my thanks with a cheery 'You're welcome'.
    And Kirsten O'Brien (former kids TV presenter) was checking tickets to the village festival comedy night and advised me that admission included a pint, which I told her was the best news I'd heard in months. I didn't realise it was her until later. 

• Options
    There's another new and mundane thread - people who's relatives you know, or who your relatives know...  
    Been in a mini cab driven by a Elton John's cousin
    Used to work with Tony Cascarino's mum
  • Options
    There's another new and mundane thread - people who's relatives you know, or who your relatives know...  
    Been in a mini cab driven by a Elton John's cousin
    Used to work with Tony Cascarino's mum
    I used to work with Tony Cascarino's dad (Domonic) at Nash's paper mills back in the 70 and Early 80s. 
    Met Tony loads of times. 
  • Options
    I know someone who throw up over Dustin Hoffman in a lift in London.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:

I just looked her up and read this article. https://www.nickiswift.com/75469/shady-side-charlize-theron/

Seems she had a rough childhood and has indeed a reputation of being mean to people in general...😱 Her comments on The Cider House Rules costar Tobey Maguire were awful.
    Her looks don't give her the right to behave that way. I've never liked her since that conversation all those years ago. A leopard doesn't change its spots. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:

Her looks don't give her the right to behave that way. I've never liked her since that conversation all those years ago. A leopard doesn't change its spots. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dmoT9AfoI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:

This feels like one of those "Today I Learned xxx" threads on Reddit for me🤣 I really didn't know. I told my mum about Tom Hardy being late for work and being difficult to work with on the set of a certain film just last week when we were talking about him - my mum had watched all "Peaky Blinders" so she knows who he is. I'll have to tell her I probably got it wrong and chances are that Charlize Theron was the more annoying actor of the two and often behaves badly😅...
  • Options
    Met Judge Rinder and Rylan in Florence last week , they were filming a trip around Italy .
  • Options
    ......or the Judge come to that
  • Options
    There's another new and mundane thread - people who's relatives you know, or who your relatives know...  :D

I used to work with Linda Lusardi's cousin, and my wife's best mate at school (and still a good friend) was Barry Sheene's cousin. My uncle Jack used to live next to Herbie Flowers in Australia. 

They don't come much bigger... 
    Quality. I used to work with Glenn Hoddles niece at Tesco head office. Very nice lady.

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    My previous secretary's aunt was faye Lucas in Grange hill (think that's the barrel properly scraped now)
    Proper fancied her. 
  • Options
    My brother used to work with, and still friends with, Boy George's brother
  • Options
    The Huw Edwards chat has no relevance to this light hearted thread. There is a BBC thread in House of Commoners for that. Thanks 
    Well… there was!