Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    My wife’s dentist in Auckland was aviator Jean Batten’s father.  Jean Batten was the first to fly singlehanded from England to NZ.

Blimey when did he retire from dentistry ? He was 88 when he died in 1967
    He was pretty old.  My wife was born in the 1930s by the way.
  • Options
    I played 5 a side football at university and came up against Brian McClair and Alan Kay. The former was a part timer with Motherwell at the time studying law at Glasgow University just before he moved to Celtic and the rest is history. Alan Kay played full back for Patrick Thistle. We lost heavily as I recall. 
    We have the outright winner!!

Were you at Glasgow too @Sillybilly round about 82?  Alan Kay was a classy full back who played for Dumbarton in our only year in the Premier League in 84/85. His first game was in a pre-season against Watford when he bossed a certain John Barnes. I think Barnes' previous game was in the Maracana!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Nadia the transsexual winner of Big Brother 5

I was in a Carrefour supermarket in Singapore, and my shopping was being put through the till whilst the woman in front of me was still packing her shopping (very efficient in Singapore!)

She took my bottle of strawberry milkshake and put it with her stuff. Thought it was a mistake so I just moved it back with my stuff . She then did it again so I just moved it once more. She then pointed at my actual as yet unscanned milkshake still on the conveyor belt and wiggled her finger and just said cheeky cheeky cheeky !! 
    nah you lot stop letting me down - more stories like this please - some of you are being too impressive I want really crap celebrities in the most mundane places possible!!

Someone must have bumped into Chico in carpetright buying a new spread for his landing or summink??
  • Options
    Barry Humphries in Waitrose Finchley Road (and Ken Livingston). Hugh Dennis in Homebase West Hampstead.
  • Options
    Queued up behind Tom Baker at a car park ticket machine in Battle 
  • Options
    Made a cuppa for Bruce Forsyth
  • Options
    Reached for a bag of sugar at the same time as Frank Maloney in sainsburys Chislehurst 
    ..he was very small 
  • Options
    Was behind Larry Lamb in a bar queue at Lords last summer at a 100 Game, scruffy git off screen. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Reached for a bag of sugar at the same time as Frank Maloney in sainsburys Chislehurst 
    ..he was very small 
    Dealt with him/her way back in a previous job (car and van hire) very strange individual.
  • Options
    Saw Howard Lew Lewis (Elmo from Brush Strokes) going through the bargain cabinet at Tescos in Raynes Park. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addickson said:
    I played 5 a side football at university and came up against Brian McClair and Alan Kay. The former was a part timer with Motherwell at the time studying law at Glasgow University just before he moved to Celtic and the rest is history. Alan Kay played full back for Patrick Thistle. We lost heavily as I recall. 
    We have the outright winner!!

Were you at Glasgow too @Sillybilly round about 82?  Alan Kay was a classy full back who played for Dumbarton in our only year in the Premier League in 84/85. His first game was in a pre-season against Watford when he bossed a certain John Barnes. I think Barnes' previous game was in the Maracana!!
    I was indeed @addickson  82-86. We were by far the worst team in the five a side league and came up against a number of “faces”.  The University Celtic Supporters club took it all very seriously and regularly had some “guests” who went on to better things. We used it as an excuse to have a post match beer at lunchtime.  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Nadia the transsexual winner of Big Brother 5

I was in a Carrefour supermarket in Singapore, and my shopping was being put through the till whilst the woman in front of me was still packing her shopping (very efficient in Singapore!)

She took my bottle of strawberry milkshake and put it with her stuff. Thought it was a mistake so I just moved it back with my stuff . She then did it again so I just moved it once more. She then pointed at my actual as yet unscanned milkshake still on the conveyor belt and wiggled her finger and just said cheeky cheeky cheeky !! 
    nah you lot stop letting me down - more stories like this please - some of you are being too impressive I want really crap celebrities in the most mundane places possible!!

Someone must have bumped into Chico in carpetright buying a new spread for his landing or summink??
    My wife went to university with Darius Danesh, and my brother worked at Boots with Rylan. 
  • Options
    My Airbnb landlady when I was working in Clevedon in Somerset had worked many years ago in a Covent Garden restaurant with Richard E. Grant before he got famous. Even then his nickname was Arty Farty Granty.
  • Options
    When I worked in Homebase in Crayford, one of my regular customers was Peter Sissons.
    Absolutely lovely fella & blooming huge!
    Would always come & have a chat to us gals on the help desk.
  • Options
    Standing at B&Q checkout Strood
    heard a certain voice behind me 
    Joe Pasquale 
    always thought it was put on till then 
  • Options
    Did they give you the fare money?
  • Options
    Was next to Emlyn Hughes in the toilets at Crayford Dogs (I think it was a charity night) - I didn't have a "gentleman's glance".   
  • Options
    1905 said:
    Was next to Emlyn Hughes in the toilets at Crayford Dogs (I think it was a charity night) - I didn't have a "gentleman's glance".   
    He probably couldn’t miss yours. Given he wasn’t that tall, it was probably at eye level to him.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Did they give you the fare money?
    Yeah we split it with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My brush with a celebrity was short lived but memorable.
    Was sitting on the floor outside the south bank centre as a teen (not begging but would of happily had taken any spare change) Richard E Grant came storming out of a door and tripped right over me. He landed in a heap. As he got up he said "fancy sitting there ffs." Before carrying on storming down the street. 
    What did you say?  I’m Charlton Athletic, I sit where I like. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately I wasn't the witty and articulate man that I have become. Think all I said was sorry Richard. 
  • Options
    Police chief Mark Rowley yesterday and he asked me for directions 
  • Options
    Hope he didn't have an axe to grind?.
  • Options
    Susannah Hoffs from the Bangles on a boat in Oslo, with her family and husband (who directed the Austin Power films), going to a small island where the Viking museum was. She was tiny.
  • Options
    Pest.
  • Options
    He’s a nice fella - would have done the same.
  • Options
    Dion Dublin at a friend and suppliers party, never touched his bum!

Directed Roger Alwen to the Athaneum in Pall Mall.

Met Roy Castle in his dressing room at the London Palladium, I was brand manager of Elastoplast and we were sponsoring National Childrens Homes which he supported.

Ruth Madoc on set making an Elastoplast TV ad.

The one that got away was Lady Diana Spncer, I was invited to a dinner but never opened the invite until months too late.