Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Boom said:
    He’s a nice fella - would have done the same.
    He has rock solid glutes. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Boom said:
    He’s a nice fella - would have done the same.
    He has cock solid flute.

• Options
    One of my colleagues once patented a drum for Dion Dublin. True story.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    One of my colleagues once patented a drum for Dion Dublin. True story.
    Always banging his dube 
  • Options
    A few very varied people from sports and entertainment.
    Pele,Bobby Moore, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Allan Simonsen, Davy Jones(Monkees) Bernard Manning, 
    Frank Carson, Jimmy Jones, Mike Reid, Kenny Ball,Colin Blunstone, Rod Argent, Thin Lizzy, Wishbone Ash, Julio Iglesias,Joe Strummer.Oh nearly forgot Derek Hales!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Dion Dublin at a friend and suppliers party, never touched his bum!

Directed Roger Alwen to the Athaneum in Pall Mall.

Met Roy Castle in his dressing room at the London Palladium, I was brand manager of Elastoplast and we were sponsoring National Childrens Homes which he supported.

Ruth Madoc on set making an Elastoplast TV ad.

The one that got away was Lady Diana Spncer, I was invited to a dinner but never opened the invite until months too late.
    Did she seal it with that many plasters that you couldn’t open it for ages 😆
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    Pele,Bobby Moore, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Allan Simonsen, Davy Jones(Monkees) Bernard Manning, 
    Frank Carson, Jimmy Jones, Mike Reid, Kenny Ball,Colin Blunstone, Rod Argent, Thin Lizzy, Wishbone Ash, Julio Iglesias,Joe Strummer.Oh nearly forgot Derek Hales!

That's a good list, Mike Reid and Bernard Manning what were they like?
  • Options
    At the premiere party for the film Notting Hill I stood on Angus Daytons foot on the dance floor. 

• Options
    Delfin said:

That's a good list, Mike Reid and Bernard Manning what were they like?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One was a  very nice man, not the one you expect.
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    One was a  very nice man, not the one you expect.
    I had never disliked Manning when seeing him interviewed,  so I am guessing it was him.
  • Options
    Correct 
  • Options
    I served Anthony Costa once when I worked at Wickes - his Mrs is a right sort. They bought some chain link wiring because their dog kept getting out of the garden. Served Kush from Eastenders a couple of times but I didn't know at the time until a couple of the older ladies came running up to me afterwards like a bunch of teenage girls asking what he was like - I was baffled and still am to be honest. 

Oh and I was the next bowling aisle over from Nick Berry once. He didn't get a strike. 

Its probably not enough to start a new thread but i'd love to hear if anyone has met any lower tier famous people than me in a more mundane way? kind of a "bottom trumps" kind of deal!?

I was once in the adjacent bowling lane to some bloke from The Bill. He wasn't Reg Hollis, D.I. Burnside or PC Stamp. Just one of the young blokes on it in the mid 2000s when it was on its way out. How's that for mundane?
    Imagine my delight at the Oval on Friday to find myself sat next to an actual legend from The Bill (and a thoroughly nice bloke too.) I'm the good looking chap in the foreground and clearly a magnet for old Bill characters. 
  • Options
    Catherine Tate yesterday. She goes on the nice list.
  • Options
    Catherine Tate yesterday. She goes on the nice list.

would love to meet her, but then I’ve always had a thing for her, proper would ya 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    Met Sylvester Stallone at an event in London many years ago. Had an aura about him that said true superstar. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Chatted to Charlie George last night. Asked him if he ever played at The Valley.  He said only as an apprentice. He was amazed at the size of the ground compared to Arsenal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I once bought a birthday card for my wife (now ex) with a picture of her favourite, Gazza, on. I sent it to Rangers and asked whether he would sign the card. It was duly signed and returned with a load of other goodies.
    When I gave it to her she wouldn't believe that he had signed it. She still doesn't.
    She stopped me talking to Martin Peters in Disneyland. "Don’t you dare. It's embarrassing".
    On topic I have spoken to Trevor Brooking, Keith Peacock, Colin Powell and Brian Kinsey.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I once bought a birthday card for my wife (now ex) with a picture of her favourite, Gazza, on. I sent it to Rangers and asked whether he would sign the card. It was duly signed and returned with a load of other goodies.
    When I gave it to her she wouldn't believe that he had signed it. She still doesn't.
    She stopped me talking to Martin Peters in Disneyland. "Don’t you dare. It's embarrassing".
    On topic I have spoken to Trevor Brooking, Keith Peacock, Colin Powell and Brian Kinsey.
    Lol! I spoke to Trevor Brooking too and asked how his brother was as I had served on a committee with him a few years back. Same day I met Paul Elliott and had a really good chat about Charlton - been in touch with him a few times since
  • Options
    Many years ago i went to John Entwhistle”s 40th birthday bash. It was packed out with bunny girls circling with vino. I was with my line manager and her husband plus his secretary. We managed to find a table near the dance floor and eventually got up to dance. I was boogying with the secretary but then bumped into a women and started dancing with her. The secretary went off and sat down but i continued dancing with this women. I then went and sat down with my company and later a man came over to me asking to join this lady for a drink. I duly obliged and was served with Champagne. We chatted but she then realise I wasn’t in the music business. I went back to my company thinking I had pulled and when my company decided to leave I said i was staying on. Unfortunately I couldn’t find this lady again but I think she was Cyndi Lauper.
  • Options
    Well she is a girl that just wants to have fun.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Well she is a girl that just wants to have fun.
    If he got to know her, she probably would’ve showed her true colours.
  • Options
    She does that time after time.
  • Options
    Shurley if she spoke to you her accent would confirm who she was, its verydistinctive.
  • Options

Tony Scanlon (the Bill) when he was dating Elizabeth Carling, loves himself while not only beautiful Miss Carling was polite and apologised for her idiot friend.
    Abigail daughter of Rumple of the Bailey actor who's surname escapes me, in my cabbing days asked my to stop on route to Kilburn to use a pay phone (ask your dad kids) then we diverted to collect her friend in steps Felicity Kendall (oh, my days) 
    Paul Parker on the Football to Amsterdams cycle ride, nice fella told us a few stories from Man Utd/England days.

infamous
    Thomas Sandgaard- Failed Rock star - Failed Football club owner- Tiny, tiny man almost insignificant.
    Raelyn something - smiling chest- wannabe HR
    Henderson.- Puppet and expert at nodding in agreement at the correct times
  • Options
    Randomly saw Leicester City’s new manager in Sardinia and he was being interviewed by Sky Italy. Managed to speak to him briefly and asked if they can beat Millwall, he just laughed 
  • Options
    Lol! I spoke to Trevor Brooking too and asked how his brother was as I had served on a committee with him a few years back. Same day I met Paul Elliott and had a really good chat about Charlton - been in touch with him a few times since
    Just remembered I spoke briefly to Mourinho that day too - was lucky as he ignored all my colleagues!