Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    mrbligh said:

seth plum said:

Are we starting on 10% support for this one as well Seth? ;-)

50%

Mind you seeing that video I'm already up to 60%.

you've changed
    Yeah, from on the fence about him to slightly liking him seeing that video.

• Options
    Seems RD has more people working on spin than the North Koreans!

Maybe, just maybe, Mr Bobby is a decent coach AND a decent bloke with it. Let's wait for a statement from the club or from him before judging
  • Options
    How good were the records of Lennie Lawrence,Curbs, and Chris Powell before they were appointed? How good were the records of Pardew and Dowie before they were appointed?Who were the most successful?
  • Options
    I am going to give this place a wide berth for a while. Some of the conspiracy theories is just unbelievable.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I am going to give this place a wide berth for a while. Some of the conspiracy theories is just unbelievable.

Someone's forcing you out, aren't they?
    Are you okay? Knock twice for yes....

• Options

vff said:

Where are all these Belgiums from the clubs that Bob P has managed saying how great a coach he is and how sorry that he has gone ? I am taking a pinch of salt for many of these Belgium comments. How does anyone know whether they are not just working for Rolands organisation putting some positive marketing comments in ? Thats ok, it happens to support the happy clappers on here, so it must be totally kosher then eh ?

Jeez it's absolutely fricking unbelievable. Now we are supposed to believe that RD has an army of Belgian posters coming onto Charlton Life to spin the appointment of Peeters can't wait for the next conspiracy theory. Ffs get a grip.

Didn't say that that did I ? No. Nothing like a bit of massive exageration. What has happened to you ? I suggested that maybe not everyone coming on to big up Peeters is totally kosher. You think that things don't like this don't happen in marketing and advertising ? Thats fine, you wanna bleedin' believe thats fine. I suppose you may have a point as I question whether Roland himself gives a flying one about what anyone thinks. Some one who works for him might eh ?

I know that you want to believe. Good luck with that.

Roland really knows how to unite Charlton supporters behind the cause.
  • Options

Bubble said:

vff said:

Where are all these Belgiums from the clubs that Bob P has managed saying how great a coach he is and how sorry that he has gone ? I am taking a pinch of salt for many of these Belgium comments. How does anyone know whether they are not just working for Rolands organisation putting some positive marketing comments in ? Thats ok, it happens to support the happy clappers on here, so it must be totally kosher then eh ?

Jeez it's absolutely fricking unbelievable. Now we are supposed to believe that RD has an army of Belgian posters coming onto Charlton Life to spin the appointment of Peeters can't wait for the next conspiracy theory. Ffs get a grip.

I don't know how that fella gets out of bed in the morning
    It's like RD's sits around all day working out ways to constantly upset Charlton fans.
    The blokes a multi millionaire with a string of businesses and football clubs ... I don't think he'd have the bloody time
    I've heard Roland does it just to piss off vff.

I am sure that is the last thing Roland thinks about. Equally does not give a stuff about the loyalties of the Charlton support and retaining the Charlton support. Its a great strategy in a customer related business.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Yann897 said:

Twitter and Facebook having a break down , I thought it was negative on here , I feel like ripping my hair out , just gotta give him a chance clean slate and see what happens !

Just saw someone on Facebook say 'he doesn't even look like a manager ffs'

Some absolute plums we've got following us
    He does wear jeans on the sidelines. After the sartorial excellence of SCP and Jonny One-Suit I do wonder what the prawn sandwich brigade will make of this
    I love jeans, I also love prawn sandwiches.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bob Peeters confirmed !

"Best of luck to Bob, i hope you will do very well at Charlton, both for yourself and for everyone supporting CAFC.

dunno if that will be enough to get the money rd promised me
    judging at the comments above about the facebook page i could earn a lot more spreading the good news over there
    :p
  • Options
    I see his coaching team has been unveiled on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Peeters

Possibly subject to confirmation...
  • Options
    How long has big Bob got the gig for?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    All words + No action =

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I feel like I'm in a parallel universe, a few days without the Internet and when i come back , we've not only signed a striker, Alex D has blown the lid on things, and Bobby's nut brings new meaning to the Valley.

Still I did dream that Ben Hamer was playing in the final of the 2015 Champions League final.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Rollercoaster, Bob.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm prepared to give him a chance, at the end of the day even if we don't like it we don't have a say in the matter so might as well get used to it. Besides, like Riga he could surprise us, let's wait and see.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    What i would like to know is , is a "head Coach" the same as a manager ? . Not once have i heard from official sources that Bob Peeters is the new manager of Charlton Athletic .

What exactly is the difference and does this actually mean RD is our real manager?
  • Options
    Dick with a rack like that pal you can not leave

Holy Jesus Hubba Hubba
  • Options
    Good luck to Bob Peeters , you may have been tarred with time at the scum but I have the power to forgive but I'll never forget and we all know that what matters now is how you perform at Roland's circus

I too am dismayed at some of the comments on here but I am hereby announcing that I won't be missing from this site for sometime , if anyone cares

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Do not wish to be unkind and prejudge,but strikers and forward players don,t usually make good managers. Most successful managers are normally defenders or midfielders.

Lol I won't go in to it to much but Alex ferguson and Brian Clough !!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to here some statements today from the new gaffer , along with pics holding up a scarf ect maybe some statement from someone from the board maybe even how long he's contract is or who he's bringing with him , you know the normall stuff that others clubs do when announcing a manager.
  • Options
    Yann even you may have noticed there's nothing normal about Charlton Athletic nowadays and he's the new Head Coach of this part of Roland's circus Network
  • Options
    At the moment there is something not right , it feels like it was a rushed announcement like I said and why did they give thanks to Hughes and not Pritchard or Cort who done if anything more than he had done over the last 2 seasons ?