Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Apoæogize if it has already been mentioned, but a person, Greg Riga, says this on one of the CAFC official facebook updates
    My dad didn't decide to quit cafc! He really wanted to stay, he was in love this club believe me! This Mr Duchatelet is just ××××
    From his profile, it is quite clear, that he is Jose's son, or else someone has done an amazing job making it look like it

Edit, link is here: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/photos/a.340210906046421.74581.333881886679323/651387068262135/?type=1
  • Options

Bobby Peeters

Is aving a party

Bring your Leffe and your Charlie

Fixed that for you
  • Options
    Flicking between our Facebook page and Spurs. Swap the names of Peeters/Duchâtelet with Pochettino/Levy and there's not much difference in the balance of opinions, although I'd say theirs has less drunken vitriol and generally better spelling.

Anyway, kind of makes me feel a bit better-a frustration shared!
  • Options

Hope he has the opportunity to bring his own people in as part of the management team - see it says he will be working 'alongside' Damien Matthew in his current role as first team coach, but hope he some control over who else he has around him.

Good luck to him - I fear he might need it.

I think Damian Matthew will be a very important member of our coaching team (still) and possibly one day our manager, head coach whatever you want to call them?!

I don't think its a coincidence or luck he is still with us, in my opinion he is a very good young forward thinking coach.
  • Options

Hope he has the opportunity to bring his own people in as part of the management team - see it says he will be working 'alongside' Damien Matthew in his current role as first team coach, but hope he some control over who else he has around him.

I think Damian Matthew will be a very important member of our coaching team (still) and possibly one day our manager, head coach whatever you want to call them?!

I don't think its a coincidence or luck he is still with us, in my opinion he is a very good young forward thinking coach.
    Has Peeters been sacked then ;0)

• Options
    Seems to me like a rushed announcement, why not a proper write up I.e how long the contract is who he's bringing with him from beguim as aparently bringing assistant manager and a coach , why no mention from katrien, Roland no one ? Or even Peeters him self or are we expecting more details tommorow .
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Apoæogize if it has already been mentioned, but a person, Greg Riga, says this on one of the CAFC official facebook updates

My dad didn't decide to quit cafc! He really wanted to stay, he was in love this club believe me! This Mr Duchatelet is just ××××
    From his profile, it is quite clear, that he is Jose's son, or else someone has done an amazing job making it look like it

Edit, link is here: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/photos/a.340210906046421.74581.333881886679323/651387068262135/?type=1

that is Jose son
  • Options
    Didn't someone who's best mates with Roland's best mate say they were going to announce a signing or two when the Bob Peeters news was announced?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

sasquatch said:

that is Jose son

I'm also convinced he is
  • Options
    My only hope is the guys on here who actually know about Belgian football have rated him as a decent coach but it's very underwhelming.

Still good luck Bob!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Has Peeters been sacked then ;0)

haha.......not yet!?!?
    Don't get me wrong I hope Bob P does the business big time. I suppose I was saying how much I rate DM.
  • Options
    Hello Bob......
  • Options

Yann897 said:

Twitter and Facebook having a break down , I thought it was negative on here , I feel like ripping my hair out , just gotta give him a chance clean slate and see what happens !

Just saw someone on Facebook say 'he doesn't even look like a manager ffs'

Some absolute plums we've got following us
    Have to shamefully admit that I thought the same thing! When I saw a pic of Riga I consoled myself thinking he looks like an urbane, erudite type in the Wenger mould who might bring some tactical astuteness.

Errrrr, kind of not thinking that of Peeters!!!
  • Options
    Good luck Bob and welcome
  • Options
    Yes, as has been said above, a curiously low key announcement.

Surely all managerial announcements have to feature a press call featuring the new manager beaming with delight for the cameras, while holding a scarf aloft.
  • Options
    Another forum, yet again another fan from Belgium , even though bp's stats aren't great he's very highly rated.

Hey, I am a Belgian football enthusiast and I came here to inform you guys about Bob Peeters. Bob Peeters is a very charasmatic coach, he has humor and is a very social man. He is known for working extremely hard, he stays at the club 24h/24h 7 days out of 7.

As a coach he likes to play attacking football and give youngsters chances. Imo he is one of our biggest coaching talents but he had some bad luck in the start of his coaching career. Now everything works out for him and he truely deserves it.

If you ask me Riga or Peeters, I would say Peeters without any doubt. Give the man a chance and you will love him. Good luck for Charlton and Bob the coming season!
  • Options
    The fact that every pro-Peeters Belgian that's rocked up in the past week has lead their praise with how humorous he is makes me worry.
  • Options
    The King is dead. Long live the King.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Seems to me like a rushed announcement, why not a proper write up I.e how long the contract is who he's bringing with him from beguim as aparently bringing assistant manager and a coach , why no mention from katrien, Roland no one ? Or even Peeters him self or are we expecting more details tommorow .

http://youtu.be/C3TUWU_yg4s
  • Options
    Welcome!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    LoOkOuT said:

The fact that every pro-Peeters Belgian that's rocked up in the past week has lead their praise with how humorous he is makes me worry.

Could go either way. There's a continuum with Shankly at one end and Holloway at t'other...
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Oh god, no. Please don't say he's Holloway esque!
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

Oh god, no. Please don't say he's Holloway esque!
    There's a difference between being humorous and being a clown/buffoon.
  • Options
    As long as he doesn't turn up in jeans ( particularly after the example set by his predecessors), he's okay by me.

Also, why does anyone take the FB page seriously? Far too high a proportion of numpties to bother with...
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

There's something suspicious about how all these Belgian fans have suddenly appeared, each of them with exactly the same story to tell...
    surely you don't think people care about Charlton that much?
  • Options
    A few people who want to persuade us that this is a good appointment might.

Or it could be a coincidence.
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

There's something suspicious about how all these Belgian fans have suddenly appeared, each of them with exactly the same story to tell...
    My god. Even the conspiracy theories are getting conspiracy theories.

Are you trying to take the heat off? Are you in on it as well SHG ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yann897 said:

Hey, I am a Belgian football enthusiast and I came here to inform you guys about Bob Peeters. Now everything works out for him and he truely deserves it.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!