Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options

Each to their own but they are the scum and have the highest amount of cunts per fan at any club in England
    Everyone can chose to ignore this but I can't
    And obviously I'd back anyone who comes to us BUT I'd prefer they had no connection to that bucket shop but it is what it is , sorry for not turning a blind eye
    And yes it is an immature attitude but ffs we are talking about 11 men running around kicking a football when did sensible maturity ever come in to following a football team

And I tell you how mature I am on my bbm messenger and whatsapp profile picture I already have a picture of BP just as I did JR and SCP I'm 43 years young and a father of 4 , if that isn't immaturely pathetic I don't know what is !!!!!

Agree with what you said mate.......................but I'd swap Millwall for palice
  • Options
    o'grady seems like a Peeters signing so the more I thinking about the offer accepted on the player the more I think this guy has the job
  • Options
    barstool said:

o'grady seems like a Peeters signing so the more I thinking about the offer accepted on the player the more I think this guy has the job

Where do you arrive at that(not being sarcastic here)
  • Options

se9addick said:

. At the moment I see appointing Riga as saving us from certain relegation so I'm prepared to give RD the benefit of the doubt on this one.

We were 4/9 to stay up at the point of him taking charge, 6/4 to go down. He done a very good job to get us scoring, but we were far from down at the time Powell was sacked. Would of been nice to let Riga carry on his work as he knows all the players, Peeters will not and has to earn their trust, like a merry go round this for the players, no security anywhere.
    Hmmm...pretty much everyone I know thought we had very little chance of survival after the Sheffield United debacle (more evidence here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60479/sheffield-united-v-charlton-qf-fa-cup-2014-post-match-views/p3).

I fully expect Peeters to be appointed today/tomorrow and of course my default position with any new manager is to give them 100% support, but I can't pretend I'm not very, very concerned at what's happening at our club.
    The reason everyone thought we would was because we had just got spanked in the CUP by a very hot Sheff Utd team, every fan including myself was not happy with travelling that, tempers were raging. There is a lot of underlying problems regarding that, every first team staff member on that day was doubting their future at the club, including mostly Powell.. how do you hold a confident team talk if you knew you have gone against the owner and about to be kicked out the club?

If your boss rang you tonight and stuck you in a similar position in regards to your work, you wouldn't be your usual self. The players knew of it as well. Sheff Utd game was not a fair reflection of the league at all.

Didn't Johnnie Jackson deny that though ?

• Options

Stig said:

You can compare him to Curbishley all you like (as it happens, I'd agree with you that Curbs was the better manager - I also agree with you about the different contexts that managers work in), but that really wasn't the point of my post. My aim was to counter the false (or at least highly selective) stats from an earlier poster that Powell's success rate was 25%. Chris Powell managed us for 145 games - fact! Of those games we won 59 - fact! That gives him a win rate - of 40% - fact! You can't manipulate those facts. You can dispute them if you don't think that they are correct, in which case please present something better, but that is the way they are. Chris Powell's record for the whole of his period as Charlton manager shows that he won more games than he lost - 13 more to be precise. That's not re-writing history, that's setting it straight.

The post you mention, one of us has misinterpreted then.... someone said that the last 4no English managers have been pretty poor (after someone else moaned about having a foreign manager). When CP was pointed out as not being poor, the 25% stat was highlighting percentage success rate of the last 4no English managers. I think.
    Yes, on second look I think you are right there.
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: BREAKING NEWS: Bob Peeters has been named as Head Coach of Charlton Athletic --> http://t.co/1reXb94oRG #cafc http://t.co/phkaWD2Rvq
  • Options
    Confirmed.
  • Options
    Whey finally confirmed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Good luck Bob. Whatever people may say come Saturday 3pm first game of the season we will ALL be behind you
  • Options
    All done & dusted now.

Let's hope this is the start of a successful and happy era for our Club.

Good luck to all concerned...inc the fans.
  • Options
    Well im glad that has finally been sorted, welcome to the club Bob.
  • Options
    New era for Charlton , says Mathews staying which is good but no news of assistant manager ect or how long he has signed contract for ? Coyr !!!
  • Options

Doubt he does well on Tinder

Hahahahaahah that is excellent
  • Options
    No details of how many years he signed up for
  • Options
    Good luck Bob
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Welling Utd away

• Options
    Hmmm he does look a bit like Michael Appleton... (Love the fact the O/S says nothing about him having played for Millwall)

On a serious note though: Welcome to the club Bob, hope you enjoy your time at the club and have a successful period however long it may be
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Until the start of the season

:-)

With Roland, that would not surprise me.
  • Options
    Glad he is in welcome bob good luck pal let's smash it up a bit
  • Options

He's a known advocate of the long ball game so I have no doubt he'll do that!
  • Options
    Good luck Bob, hope it all works out!
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

He's a known advocate of the long ball game so I have no doubt he'll do that!
    Really ? Not digging you out but I haven't seen that elsewhere. Thought he liked wingers and a target man but that's far from long ball.

• Options
    yippee:(