Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    byl-Apologies, didn't realise you were from Belgian so of course conceded that you will have a better knowledge than me. Very pleased that our future manager is so highly regarded.
  • Options

What's so wrong with appointing a British coach?

Yes, because the last 4 British coaches we have appointed have all been such great successes. Time for a change.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Yes, because the last 4 British coaches we have appointed have all been such great successes. Time for a change.
    Yep Powell was sh*t wasn't he? Some rewriting of history going on here lately.
    1 out of 4? A 25% success rate? Yep, THAT'S reallllllly encouraging...
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2014

byl-Apologies, didn't realise you were from Belgian so of course conceded that you will have a better knowledge than me. Very pleased that our future manager is so highly regarded.

BYL is welcome onto the site, excellent written English BTW. Opinions are welcome on the site, Some interesting contributions this month.

How it does show up on your profile that byl name was created in March 2011 ? First contributions May 2014. Maybe Admin / byl can explain that ?
  • Options
    @HLNinEngeland: Bob Peeters will sign his contract at Charlton tomorrow. He ll be officially announced as #CAFC's manager. Via @MichVergauwen)

Again nothing really new , have read on twitter though two Dutch teams wanted Peeters.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

@HLNinEngeland: Bob Peeters will sign his contract at Charlton tomorrow. He ll be officially announced as #CAFC's manager. Via @MichVergauwen)

Again nothing really new , have read on twitter though two Dutch teams wanted Peeters.

Allegedly
  • Options
    boogica said:

Thats exactly wot i was thinking, Nathan jones would be my choice .
    I was just hoping for someone with Championship managerial experience. Or even top League One. Or even...Prem! Never had much expectation of either though!

• Options
    One thing I'm surprised hasn't been covered (not from the majority of the thread I've read) is regarding the style of play, now from reading a few bits and bobs he seems to use a big target man to distribute to the wings, quite a bit of long ball football, just a 'usual' football team. Now does pushing Riga & co. out the door push Cogitraining out the door? This will have a huge impact on Poyet staying I should imagine.. anyone shed some light on anything aforementioned?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been covered (not from the majority of the thread I've read) is regarding the style of play, now from reading a few bits and bobs he seems to use a big target man to distribute to the wings, quite a bit of long ball football, just a 'usual' football team. Now does pushing Riga & co. out the door push Cogitraining out the door? This will have a huge impact on Poyet staying I should imagine.. anyone shed some light on anything aforementioned?

To be fair he went there half way through the season and one of their best players was a 6'6 Serbian striker so you play to he's strengths , Iv heard that he usually likes to get the ball down and play and he likes a lot of wing play but who knows how we will play come August .
  • Options
    Many Seagull supporting m8s would gladly drive him back to VFR - it's all about opinions and perceptions!
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited May 2014
    vff said:

BYL is welcome onto the site, excellent written English BTW. Opinions are welcome on the site, Some interesting contributions this month.

How it does show up on your profile that byl name was created in March 2011 ? First contributions May 2014. Maybe Admin / byl can explain that ?
    well i speak english on a daily basis since my girlfriend is spanish; and english is the "common language" we use mostly .

march 2011? no clue. like i said i only came and took a look here since riga took over - i like to follow what belgians do abroad footballwise. And decided to register when peeters was rumoured to take over.

• Options

I could ask the same question to some posters here re: Belgian coaches.
    Because we're not a Belgian club.
  • Options
    BEL-LUX 3-1 (60'). Lukaku scores his 3rd and becomes the 1st to score a hat-trick for Belgium since Bob Peeters in 2001
  • Options

That's very selective. Powell was a success.
  • Options

BEL-LUX 3-1 (60'). Lukaku scores his 3rd and becomes the 1st to score a hat-trick for Belgium since Bob Peeters in 2001

vs. the one and only San Marino
  • Options

Do you have to find something negative in everything ?
  • Options

He was a success up until his last season
  • Options
    I can't find anything positive about my club appointing 2-bob, apart from maybe saving £50-a-week in wages which to be fair is more than they are losing from me not bothering going so they're still quids in. Good luck to them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He was a success up until his last season
    Until someone bought the club and undermined the him.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I can't find anything positive about my club appointing 2-bob, apart from maybe saving £50-a-week in wages which to be fair is more than they are losing from me not bothering going so they're still quids in. Good luck to them

True support.

• Options
    That's not true red robin he was a success until he was stopped being supported financially by the previous regime

When RD came in his days were numbered
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Do you have to find something negative in everything ?
    That's a bit harsh.. San Marino are more than capable :-)

• Options
    Off topic, but I enjoyed reading down this thread and finding an advert asking, 'Are you a Liverpool fan?'
    The clue is in the forum name, chaps.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2014
    byl said:

vff said:

well i speak english on a daily basis since my girlfriend is spanish; and english is the "common language" we use mostly .

march 2011? no clue. like i said i only came and took a look here since riga took over - i like to follow what belgians do abroad footballwise. And decided to register when peeters was rumoured to take over.

Bit of a mystery the signing in registration thing. Maybe admin can shed some light on the March 11 sign up date.

English the language of love. Thats nice. Gaaf as the Dutch might say (probably spelled that wrong). Which Spanish team does your girlfriend support (if she likes football) ? Her Belgium team is yours, I am sure.

With no disrespect to Belgium football, my opinion is that the top 3 to 4 of the Belgium league would in the championship top half, maybe the next 4 in the championship lower half, the lower would be first first division and the belgium second division you are looking at lower league one. The Belgium football I have wathhed is a completley slower pace and intensity. It is my impression that the there is a lot of underestimation of the strength of the Championship in the Belgium league.

You can see that in the players that Roland brought over earlier on in the season. I am concerned that Bob Peeters knows what he is getting into. I only hope that Roland / and the unnamed football advisors leave him with some decent players and not some kids / second string network players / and unnamed triers. It is a massive gamble, again.

• Options
    He signed up on March 11 2014, that's all. If it was March 11, 2011, or any year previous to this one, then it would have the year.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

He signed up on March 11 2014, that's all. If it was March 11, 2011, or any year previous to this one, then it would have the year.

Thanks for explaining that.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    s.

The best person for the job could be from Mars for all I care.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

s.

The best person for the job could be from Mars for all I care.
    What about Venus? :-0