Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    That's just being silly. :-)
  • Options
    Everyone knows it's Saturn that produces per head of population more successful football managers across the world
  • Options
    Saturn football managers really know how to run rings around the opposition !
  • Options
    in the true spirit of CAFC and the fact that it isnt even confirmed he is to be the new head coach id like to say he is shit.
  • Options
    Meltdown on here tomorrow once BP is in the house.
  • Options
    That picture in the scum shirt makes me feel sick
  • Options

Don't be ridiculous

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

You can see that in the players that Roland brought over earlier on in the season.

Well those players are basicly not good enough for standard. And mostly not good enough to be loaned out to another belgian team. And not good enough for the championship either. Riga was well aware of that judging how much he used those players :)

Who knows what's the reason for RD to get those players to Charlton... i don't know. No one knows. I can garantuee you Bob Peeters will be aware as well that those kind of players are not good enough. Whether he will get better players will depend not on him, but on what RD is willing to spend for the next season. But knowing Duchatelet a bit, my guess that you will have a team that is good enough to compete. Duchatelet is a businessman -but a special one. he wants to be succesful and is driven by succeeding. Failure is not aoption for him, so he definately wants to have team with subpar quality that struggles to avoid relegation again.

At least that is my opinion.
  • Options
    byl said:

vff said:

You can see that in the players that Roland brought over earlier on in the season.

Well those players are basicly not good enough for standard. And mostly not good enough to be loaned out to another belgian team. And not good enough for the championship either. Riga was well aware of that judging how much he used those players :)

Who knows what's the reason for RD to get those players to Charlton... i don't know. No one knows. I can garantuee you Bob Peeters will be aware as well that those kind of players are not good enough. Whether he will get better players will depend not on him, but on what RD is willing to spend for the next season. But knowing Duchatelet a bit, my guess that you will have a team that is good enough to compete. Duchatelet is a businessman -but a special one. he wants to be succesful and is driven by succeeding. Failure is not aoption for him, so he definately wants to have team with subpar quality that struggles to avoid relegation again.

At least that is my opinion.
    I didn't mean to like that - LOL. I meant to quote never mind. BYL you are not Roland are you or related to him by some chance ? Just checking ! You seem pretty positive about him.

Sorry that your girlfriend does not like football. My missus grew up watching football with her dad and brother and likes the game, so I am lucky there. It makes life easier sometimes. Good luck with the world cup !
  • Options

yep
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Nug said:

What's so wrong with appointing a British coach?

Yes, because the last 4 British coaches we have appointed have all been such great successes. Time for a change.
    Yep Powell was sh*t wasn't he? Some rewriting of history going on here lately.
    1 out of 4? A 25% success rate? Yep, THAT'S reallllllly encouraging...
    Didn't say 1 out of 4 was a success though did he? He implied all 4 were crap. Nationality has nothing to do with it. Burnley and Leicester did all right. Success is a combination of things, including team spirit, money, stable boardroom and some luck thrown in too.

By the way good luck Bob and welcome to Charlton.
  • Options

Everyone knows it's Saturn that produces per head of population more successful football managers across the world

Running rings around the oposition?

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Running rings around the oposition?

a day late again mate.....
  • Options
    I want to flag those pictures of scum shirts with our players in
    It's filth and you know it and it makes me feel sick
    It's a blot on anyone's career who's even been there in my eyes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    vff said:

I didn't mean to like that - LOL. I meant to quote never mind.

All you have to do is reclick on the "like" or "lol" or "flag" if you mistakenly do one and it disappears

• Options
    edited May 2014

@oohaahmortimer‌ Summers to me is like Curbs was to you and he saw the light by coming over to the 'red' side and I like to think Gritty was acting as a double agent. If it helps crop the pictures at the neck alternatively regard their shirts as a form of 'corporate wardrobe' which you have no choice but to wear at work :-)
  • Options

I flagged one but the moderators unflagged it .
  • Options
    Each to their own but they are the scum and have the highest amount of cunts per fan at any club in England
    Everyone can chose to ignore this but I can't
    And obviously I'd back anyone who comes to us BUT I'd prefer they had no connection to that bucket shop but it is what it is , sorry for not turning a blind eye
    And yes it is an immature attitude but ffs we are talking about 11 men running around kicking a football when did sensible maturity ever come in to following a football team

And I tell you how mature I am on my bbm messenger and whatsapp profile picture I already have a picture of BP just as I did JR and SCP I'm 43 years young and a father of 4 , if that isn't immaturely pathetic I don't know what is !!!!!
  • Options
    no-one likes us
    no-one likes us
    apart from half of charlton life
  • Options

oh do grow grow up some of you, Millwall are our local rivals they are not the devil incarnate but just a rather rubbish team just down the road. A foreign footballer coming to England will get a job where he can and I'm sure not look into the history of the club. The only relevance that Peeters played for Millwall is that he has some understanding of our league, for all we know he might hate them as much as some of you purport to.

I don't really care if he played for the scum , I'd prefer it if he never did but what I don't like is Charlton fans putting up pics of him in a millwank shirt when there's plenty of other pictures.
  • Options

Couldn't care less that he played for Millwall all I care about is if he does well for us

This. I cheered Harry Cripps playing for us, because he'd clearly put aside old loyalties and gave his all in red (Dunphy was another matter...). Peeters is not a Millwall fan or an apologist for their 'culture'

• Options

. At the moment I see appointing Riga as saving us from certain relegation so I'm prepared to give RD the benefit of the doubt on this one.

We were 4/9 to stay up at the point of him taking charge, 6/4 to go down. He done a very good job to get us scoring, but we were far from down at the time Powell was sacked. Would of been nice to let Riga carry on his work as he knows all the players, Peeters will not and has to earn their trust, like a merry go round this for the players, no security anywhere.
    Hmmm...pretty much everyone I know thought we had very little chance of survival after the Sheffield United debacle (more evidence here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60479/sheffield-united-v-charlton-qf-fa-cup-2014-post-match-views/p3).

I fully expect Peeters to be appointed today/tomorrow and of course my default position with any new manager is to give them 100% support, but I can't pretend I'm not very, very concerned at what's happening at our club.