Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    Winner!
  • Options
    Bob who?
  • Options
    I'm all about the utopian football
  • Options
    Let's wait and see what his first league team is. Currently there won't be any dispute sine we don't have enough players to form a match day squad.
  • Options
    Can we have Brian mcDermott instead ?
  • Options
    I think you'll find he'd rather be a manager than a coach of heads
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't talk bad of the messiah shg
  • Options

Gets on my nerves people calling Peeters a puppet etc. European football is played with a head coach. Who more often than not, doesn't buy the players. Just because we're not used to it over here doesn't make it wrong, nor does it make him a puppet.

It's different, will it work out? I hope so. Whose to know. I'm certainly quite excited to find out.

As nla says, time to sit back and watch

This 100%.

• Options
    I was just thinking, Chris Powell and Jose Riga would have been contracted until June 30, unless anyone has heard of a settlement for either. Perhaps RD does not want to pay for three managers (head coach), so BP not joining until July 1.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I was just thinking, Chris Powell and Jose Riga would have been contracted until June 30, unless anyone has heard of a settlement for either. Perhaps RD does not want to pay for three managers (head coach), so BP not joining until July 1.

Powell would have been paid off months ago, hence his almost 100% silence on the sacking.

Riga didn't have a contract.
  • Options

The "yes man" comments are just moronic.

I presume we can equally call Chris Powell. "Yes man" for not playing Diego Poyet when he was ready for the first team because Tony Jimenez told him not to because it triggered a payment they didn't want to have to pay.

Which is widely spread. But from where? How do we know this is true?
  • Options

I presume we can equally call Chris Powell. "Yes man" for not playing Diego Poyet when he was ready for the first team because Tony Jimenez told him not to because it triggered a payment they didn't want to have to pay.

I can't give you a source but I'm fairly confident that it has been confirmed on this forum by those that know these things.

• Options

I can't give you a source but I'm fairly confident that it has been confirmed on this forum by those that know these things.

Doesn't sound right to me.
  • Options

Well it's certainly been posted.

• Options

Well it's certainly been posted.

No no, of course and I don't dispute that, I've seen it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nor me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Introduced himself to Nick Pope as the new manager over 2 weeks ago at the Valley.
  • Options
    If anyone cares, I wrote about why I thought appointing a Director of Football was as important as any other signing back in April...

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=14183&headline=Comment:%20A%20new%20striker%20is%20not%20Charlton%27s%20top%20priority%20this%20summer
  • Options
    Agree entirely. The biggest concern with Duchatelet is not his strategy per se or his lack of communication or the fact that he sacked Chris Powell or even the decision not to appoint Jose Riga full-time. It's with his ability to execute. Much of the evidence so far is, at best, mixed and the fact we still don't have a Director of Football is puzzling. I fear Duchatelet may be playing this role himself. If so, "playing" might be the operative word.
  • Options
    There's no way he would be playing that role himself. He isn't at the rest of his clubs so why charlton? No chance. There's someone doing the signings and I am 100% sure it's neither RD or Katrien.
  • Options

There's no way he would be playing that role himself. He isn't at the rest of his clubs so why charlton? No chance. There's someone doing the signings and I am 100% sure it's neither RD or Katrien.

I thought it was supposed to be football agent Dudu Duhan - assisted by a network of 'scouts' like our former Assistant Head Coach Karel Fraeye who's still working part time for Duchatelet.....?
  • Options

Peeters is a puppet....How do we know this is true?
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

I thought it was supposed to be football agent Dudu Duhan - assisted by a network of 'scouts' like our former Assistant Head Coach Karel Fraeye who's still working part time for Duchatelet.....?
    Can't imagine Duhan scouting Chris O'Grady tbh. He's more than likely involved with the network, but I don't think he's influential.

Each club will have their own person who does the buying IMO . The identity of ours hasn't been disclosed yet.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

It would be extremely troubling if Duhan, or any other agent, played such a role. Agents are people-traffickers. They are fundamentally unsuited to such a role. Furthermore, anybody playing such a role needs to be on the payroll, full time, so that they can be held accountable for their recommendations and decisions. Which in our case will beg another question. Which payroll? CAFC? Or Staprix?