Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Belgian) Bob Peeters *CONFIRMED New Head Coach (pg 37)*

Comments

• Options
    Good, positive stuff.

Press conference with RD and BP on 23/6 an unreliable source told me so hope to learn more than.
  • Options
    Maybe he should have told him Gomez is out of contract as well
  • Options
    I imagine that Bob wont be so forthcoming with the next charlton fan he meets after that being splattered over the web.

To me i think he's been too open there and might get a bollocking...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Dizzle said:

Tom needs to learn how to use full stops!

It's typed as it's meant to be read due to the excitement of some actual rumours/news.
  • Options
    Whilst I believe he actually met the guy and he was pleased to talk to a fan, I am shocked at how much he actually disclosed.....
  • Options
    can't say there is tonnes on stuff in this
  • Options
    Bit troubling that he didn't actually rule Thurman out, although I thought he'd definitely gone back after his loan period expired. Astute take on Astrid, too. Even if he had stayed it sounds like he wouldn't have fancied him, or more accurately, he wouldn't have fit into his style of play.
  • Options
    That is the link to the Facebook group I picked it up from.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/charltonfc/?fref=nf
  • Options
    Nice for the Standard Liege fans to here , lets hope RD doesn't cry and run off with his ball when we fail to make it to the prem within 3 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It's unusual , if not extremely naive for a manager/coach to talk to the first fan he meets about his players like that.
    I'm more than a little sceptical about this.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Nice for the Standard Liege fans to here , lets hope RD doesn't cry and run off with his ball when we fail to make it to the prem within 3 years

I thought that was the most interesting and telling part.

of course a manager talking to a fan of his new club will talk up his signing and be positive. Obviously this striker (whose name the poster can't remember, strangely as it is the most interesting bit of news) is going to be a revelation. Manager hardly likely to say "he's alright, best we can afford" now is he.

And he wouldn't agree that he is manager of a feeder club, not in public, not when speaking to a fan.

But to say that RD is switching priority to CAFC and has lost interest in SL/Belgium football does seem an odd thing to admit. Not saying it's not true but it certainly raises a lot of questions.

No doubt SR will tell us this was always the plan, even from before when RD took over this was all planned out and everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds but I still think it's long hard road that we travel, a rough rough way to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kqchq1lNWc&feature=kp
  • Options
    If this is true its a bit of a Roy Hodgson talking about Rio Ferdinand unprofessional error on Peeters front to divluge this, especially concerning RD's shift of priorities.

If true I have to admit it doesn't surprise me that Thuram could be coming back, although it does worry me (unless he can learn to catch a ball rather than punch it). Everything else sounds on the money, especially about Poyet as we only have ourselves to blame if he chooses to go. I hope the part about RD's focus being on us is true.
  • Options
    Hope it's true that Morro will re-sign...
  • Options
    I'm not totally stunned that there might possibly be a switch of priorities from Standard Liege to Charlton. It's common knowledge that Duchatelet was actively looking to sell or at least didn't rule out the possibility of selling. Wasn't there a difference in valuations between potential buyer and RD's valuation ? Doesn't sound like a man with a fixed focus of priority to me. I am surprised though that Bob felt it ok to mention this hugely important detail to a fan. Perhaps the excitement of taking up the new challange got the better of him.

The comment re Adareavic was interesting and suggested to me that BP wants to play a high tempo style of football which rules AA out. Does very much sound like Diego is off from what Peeters said. Morrison staying would be a huge bonus. As for Thuram. I can't see him wanting to return but if he did I think I am in the small minority that thinks he probably wasn't quite as bad as made out to be. Perhaps just a fish out of water and needing to come to terms with a completely new situation. In any case I won't worry about that just yet.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Tom Jordan who posted that picture on Facebook said this about their chat .Not sure how to do links on FAB. Interesting chat particularly like the bit about Thuram Tom certainly tells it how it is .LOL:

To be fair he was a top bloke his English is fine obviously has an accent but won't have problems communicating with players. I spoke to him about lots of things il try cover all of them. I said before he does anything he needs to tie down Poyet as he's different class he said he wants to and that they are trying to but Poyet is the problem as he thinks he's trying to listen to other offers (basically he wants to go) but he said he's seen him play and wants him but Charlton made a mistake leaving it so late to tie him down, he expects Morrison to stay, wanted o Grady and they are still working on it but he wants quite a bit of money likes the young lad joe Gomez and is gonna tell him he's gonna do pre season with first team I asked about Astrit ajdaravic but he said he's not the type of player he wants as he doesn't do much off the ball (aka lazy) says Callum Harriot is quick and has tricks but his end product let's him down (totally agree) full back wiggins solly Wilson all staying put aswell as cousins wants a few strikers and I said surely they've got to know the league not always these foreigners and he said about O Grady and a foreigner would work well together honestly can't remember the guys name but he said he's shit hot and should be a revelation I then asked about duchatelet and how we DONT want to be a feeder club for standard and he said he's spoke to the owner and that because they lost the league last year and he's not a massive fan of Belgium football anymore he's priority is gonna be Charlton and hopefully in 3 years we can be prem again and that the owner emails him and rings him up to 3 times a day I then said about pope in goal and he then mentioned Truham and I stopped him and told him to not let him anywhere near us again as he was bloody awful and he did say it could be mentally what's wrong with him which did worry me I said trust me mate he's shit he then said this is the first time he's met a Charlton fan and that it went well because he used to be at millwall I said that shouldn't be a problem and that we never beat them so if you beat them this season you'll be loved and he said he hopes so. Sorry it took so long as you can see this took forever, but he's a really nice bloke seemed proper genuine and he really wants to do well and I told him well he's got my support. Coya

Yeah, five goals in two games is rubbish.

Worrying about Thuram.

Poyet has gone then. Just confirms what we all we expect.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Peeters talking to fans.
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Nothing wrong with Peeters talking to fans.

Someone's got to
    Exactly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard J said:

Tom Jordan who posted that picture on Facebook said this about their chat .Not sure how to do links on FAB. Interesting chat particularly like the bit about Thuram Tom certainly tells it how it is .LOL:

To be fair he was a top bloke his English is fine obviously has an accent but won't have problems communicating with players. I spoke to him about lots of things il try cover all of them. I said before he does anything he needs to tie down Poyet as he's different class he said he wants to and that they are trying to but Poyet is the problem as he thinks he's trying to listen to other offers (basically he wants to go) but he said he's seen him play and wants him but Charlton made a mistake leaving it so late to tie him down, he expects Morrison to stay, wanted o Grady and they are still working on it but he wants quite a bit of money likes the young lad joe Gomez and is gonna tell him he's gonna do pre season with first team I asked about Astrit ajdaravic but he said he's not the type of player he wants as he doesn't do much off the ball (aka lazy) says Callum Harriot is quick and has tricks but his end product let's him down (totally agree) full back wiggins solly Wilson all staying put aswell as cousins wants a few strikers and I said surely they've got to know the league not always these foreigners and he said about O Grady and a foreigner would work well together honestly can't remember the guys name but he said he's shit hot and should be a revelation I then asked about duchatelet and how we DONT want to be a feeder club for standard and he said he's spoke to the owner and that because they lost the league last year and he's not a massive fan of Belgium football anymore he's priority is gonna be Charlton and hopefully in 3 years we can be prem again and that the owner emails him and rings him up to 3 times a day I then said about pope in goal and he then mentioned Truham and I stopped him and told him to not let him anywhere near us again as he was bloody awful and he did say it could be mentally what's wrong with him which did worry me I said trust me mate he's shit he then said this is the first time he's met a Charlton fan and that it went well because he used to be at millwall I said that shouldn't be a problem and that we never beat them so if you beat them this season you'll be loved and he said he hopes so. Sorry it took so long as you can see this took forever, but he's a really nice bloke seemed proper genuine and he really wants to do well and I told him well he's got my support. Coya

Yeah, five goals in two games is rubbish.

Worrying about Thuram.

Poyet has gone then. Just confirms what we all we expect.
    They were his only goals of the season.. Not exactly impressive.

Also think he's talking more about crossing?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I think you will find @Henry Irving that I am not alone in pointing out that CAFC is in line for the biggest prize in the network. The only reason anyone would spend real money acquiring CAFC is for the academy and the chance to attain premier league status even if only for a year.
    All this talk of bumpy roads is fairly meaningless and about as precise as a fecking horoscope! The plan three years ago was to regain premier league status, just that the previous owners couldn't or wouldn't fund the ambition. We now have an owner who can afford it and has a clear emphasis on youth and the academy.
    If Morrison and Gomez sign then that's two more to complete the set for next season.it won't all be plain sailing but following Charlton never has - if you're going to run crying everytime we fail to sign a player or renew one of our own then buy some kleenex. If you're suggesting that Duchatelet runs an oversized squad full of players not good enough for the championship then I suggest you find a way to fund £1-2M per annum for the cost of that. Having loads of reserve quality players on the payroll doesn't sell seats.
    The trouble with endless criticism of how the owner won't shell out or lose the maximum allowed under FFP is that you want the owner to spend millions on your hobby. Just so that the CAFC owner can lose as much money as the board at Forest, Ipswich etc. I know it was different when you were on the board and Pardew was given enough budget to sign 4,000 players to nearly wipe the club out...and that with the proceeds of Darren Bent sale and two years parachute money! But I prefer the football and non football management to earn their keep and make the club sustainable. Sell Stephens...play Poyet...he goes and pick up a fee...find someone else... This way we will be in the transfer and loan market in 2015 which is more than I can say for Bournemouth and others.

And yet again the unchanging plan has changed.

Only yesterday all was wonderful in your fantasy world of milk and honey as the network would provide all. Africans and Eastern Europeans galore. The week before it was going to be all our academy players.

Now a day later the network is gone and its all about CAFC.

And as ever I never said any of the things you try to acuse me off because you know you have no defence. So have to just make stuff up like the rest of your fairy story.

No wonder the rest of the Trust board were delighted to see you go.
  • Options
    Also surprised that you are so keen to attack your "friend" Richard Murrey's spending in the Pardew era.

If you really think the fans' director controlled the budget you are even more delussional than I thought.
  • Options
    If you want to make money, you do it in the Premier League and not with the tiny TV pool Belgium has in the Champions League
  • Options
    Peeters hand on Richard's shoulder looks enormous - perhaps he should play in goal?
  • Options
    Interesting to hear but they has to be the longest sentence ever written.
  • Options
    wow a revelation that AA is lazy.
  • Options

I've just had a quick thought on the Facebook post, various threads on here and events of the last six months.

It sounds like Peeters knows our squad well and has even seen us and possibly our youth sides play live a few times. There could be a theory that Peeters was first choice to suceed Powell but for whatever reason, we couldn't get him. I wouldn't be surprised if Peeters was approached before Powell was sacked - could this explain the Polish Pete signing? Was he Peeters' choice? I have a feeling Peeters has known this job was his for a long time and way before we even knew who Jose Riga was.

That would not surprise me, and it would explain why JR was not ever talked up as a potential future manager/coach by KM & Co.- there was just never the intention for him to stay (and KM has gone on record as saying there was never a promise made to Jose in fairness.) It doesn't make it any less of a gamble at all but I for one would be happier in this instance than thinking RD is simply changing for changes sake.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

If you want to make money, you do it in the Premier League and not with the tiny TV pool Belgium has in the Champions League

That is clear (to a lot more people than just @seriously_red ) however RD is not stupid and he knows perfectly well that he cannot possibly say this while he is the owner of Standard Liege. What Peeters has allegedly said will come as great surprise to, for example, Douglas De Coninck, the Belgian journalist and Standard fan, who writes for the Trust. he continues to describe Standard as "the mothership" of the network.

The more I think about it, the more I think @Bedsaddick is right to be sceptical about this whole alleged discussion.