Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• edited July 2016
    We were doing well until I started listening...

Northeast is a serious player. He has really come into his own these last few years. Shame he is not a few years younger as I'm sure England would be considering him if he was.. and a quality knock from DBD.

These last 2 t20s have summed up our season. Last match the batting didn't arrive but we stuttered to 140. Bowlers managed to dig us out a hole and won us the game.

This match batsmen put in a decent performance but the bowlers didn't turn up.

Think that's pretty much us dead and buried in the t20 now.
  • TBH, apart from Jason Roy, thought you were very mediocre....

Actually, crap !
  • TBH, apart from Jason Roy, thought you were very mediocre....

Actually, crap !

Fair play. With our batting in the short stuff. it has been the story for the last 2 years that if Roy and Sanga (finch) don't fire then we as a team don't fire..
  • If you get a chance, look at the Morris run out. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
  • Chat shit get banged
  • If you get a chance, look at the Morris run out. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Haven't seen it so not really in a position to judge. Was it something stupid like not running his bat in.

In the 2 games I have seen him I must say I've been very underwhelmed. His batting in this format is overrated. He bowling doesn't suit T20. But what has disappointed me the most is that he hasn't ewn looked bothered in the slightest. He didn't bother to routine slide/dive for a few ball he could comfortably have stopped going good for 4 and saved 3 runs.

Gives off the impression that he couldnt care less and that he thinks he is bigger than the tram. Frankly I'd drop him as soon as Azhar is back. Overpaid and overrated.
  • Must have received at least a dozen texts from my Kent mates taking the piss.
    Not a happy chappy
  • We've just declared on 637-7 at Hampshire. Centuries for Burns, Foakes and Batty (the last two unbeaten) and excellent contributions from Sibley (99) and Finch (86).

In reply we've already got the wicket of Smith, bowled for 0 by Footitt.

Great stuff in a game we really have to win.
  • (Now watch everything go to pot as I've posted in the middle of a game)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hampshire 35 for 2
  • So I've been in the New forest for a few days and had dreadful Internet connection. BBC sport won't load at all. So it comes as a surprise to me that we managed to score 600.

Amazing. Albeit against the only team that have been below us in the table.

A real opportunity for us. The two teams above us are playing each other if we could get a max points win then potential to leapfrog a couple teams.. really need this to kick-start our season. First time we have got a reasonable score in the first innings this season.
  • 73-2 at the close.
  • I'd like nothing better to be wrong, but this has got a draw written all over it
  • I don't even have enough connection to watch Churchy's annoying videos on the first occasion I actually want to.
  • Hampshire 398-9 at stumps on day 3. A last wicket stand of almost 70 holds us up, and we'll have a tough job to force a win tomorrow.
  • As I said in an earlier post it will be a draw.
    Totaly pissed of with this season if I'm honest
  • As I said in an earlier post it will be a draw.
    Totaly pissed of with this season if I'm honest

Don't worry we have the football season and Charlton to look forwards to. Ohh wait.
  • Hampshire 126-6 following on. They trail by 88 runs, and we have 26 overs left to get 4 wickets.

Come on Surrey!
  • Just got back from work, wasn't expecting it to be this close .come on
  • Sponsored links:

• Hampshire 8 wickets down. 9 overs to go
  • Three quick wickets have fallen! 198-9.
  • 201-9, 7 overs left. They trail by 13.
  • We've done it! Meaker gets Crane and that's Hampshire all out for 201. Surrey win by an innings and 13 runs.

Batty finishes with 6-51, Meaker with 4-40. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.
  • F....ing superb get in there, cheers Epsom
  • Just got back and checked the score. Bloody brilliant. Those figures from Batty are exceptional. What a man! What a player. My man live for him is similar to that for Johnnie Jackson.
  • If England want to beat Pakistan, they could do an awful lot worse than a short-term Batty call-up. Maybe he could have the winter tour as player-mentor to two younger spinners
  • There lies the problem we have no up and coming young spinners, so I agree with you in so much as picking Batty, but long term our s
  • Sorry my Internet is crap. But long term our spinning options ain't great
  • Agree England could do a lot worse than turn to batty.

The point is not that we have no young up and coming spinners but more that spinners hit their peak a lot later than most other players.

With fast bowlers it's about strength and physicality. With spinners it's about nous and expericence. Batty said as much in an interview a while back, he said that he is now a far better bowler than when he played for England. As now he has experienced every situation plenty of times and know how to react. He knows how bowling and knows he has the ability to do what he is trying to do. The same has been said by Swanny, only became the top class spinner he was 7 years after he was thrown into the side.

Look at Simon Kerrigan a young up and coming spinners but by no means a seasoned county player and certainly not ready for England.

Spin bowling is an art form and it takes years to perfect. Spinners will just peak later they will be 27/28+ before they are a complete bowler and will likely peak at 31+.

Trouble is you need counties who will stick with a young spinner until they get there.