Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Big 2 games next Monday and Tuesday. Question - how many go down from L1?

2 this year. Very tight though. In fact 4 wins from the final 5 games gives us a chance of winning the title crazy as that may seem. We always do better second half of the season. I think we have a bit of momentum now. It's imperative ansari comes back soon and I'm sure we will win a couple more and stay up.
    Love that Canters !
    Technically it is still possible for us to win all three competitions. (That will probably change this evening)

And you lot all saying we are having a bad season!
  • So anyone going tomorrow?

I'll be there tonight. Have borrowed a friend's membership ticket. Think I'll be in the OCS.

• I am in the OCS stand. Looking forward to this
  • 271-5 at tea v Middlesex at Lord's. Something of a recovery having been 70-3. Jason Roy continues his imperious form with a century.
  • Roy goes for 110. 287-6
  • Cheers for the updates. Sounds like a decent recovery
  • 384-8 at stumps. Roy 110, Burns 88, Foakes 53*
  • 415 all out, Foakes left stranded on 63.

Middlesex 14-1 in reply, Tom Curran with the wicket of Eskinazi for 8 lbw.
  • 415 all out, Foakes left stranded on 63.

Middlesex 14-1 in reply, Tom Curran with the wicket of Eskinazi for 8 lbw.

Not bad after being 70-3
  • Compton b Meaker 11. 45-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Malan c Sibley b Ansari 31. 125-3.
  • Gubbins b Ansari 82. 134-4.
  • 156-4 at tea.
  • Looking Ok at the moment I'd say.
    Keep the updates coming Epsom much appreciated
  • Bailey lbw b Batty 37. 204-5.
  • 249-5 at stumps.
  • A topsy-turvy day. Middlesex quickly bowled out for 291 in the morning, only to reduce Surrey to 108-6. But Sam Curran and Ben Foakes put together an unbeaten stand of 126 to close on 234-6. The lead is 356 going into the final day.
  • Forget the football. The cricket season is still going and both Surrey and England gave me something to be happy about yesterday.
  • Middlesex 189-5 just after tea. Bailey and Franklin have recovered annoyingly well, putting on over 100 together after coming in at 82-5. No chance of them chasing down the target of 389, but we're running out of time to take the wickets now.
  • The partnership is finally broken.

Franklin b Ansari 70. 256-6.

34 balls left to find the last four wickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Match drawn.

Bailey finishes on 110*, Middlesex on 278-6.
  • Shame that. Thought we had a great chance to beat the team top of the table. Apparently we bowled very well but the pitch didn't give us much help. Meaker especially bowled well for no reward.

Apparently given the pitch the Middx players were expecting us to make the bat last night so they were delighted when we batted on this morning. Because the pitch has a history of giving nothing extra on the last day. But given our position in the league I am glad we put the game safe and made sure we got vital points before going for the win.
  • Having been bowled out for 252 on the first day at Edgbaston, we've now reduced Warwickshire to 101-6. Sam Curran has just taken three wickets for two runs.
  • That's better. After watching England just getting bowled out cheaply needed something to cheer me up
  • As soon as I post that Warwickshire start batting properly and the wickets dry up. 151-6 now.

Apologies. I'll clear off.
  • edited August 2016
    We bowled then out for 247. Sam Curran got 5. Batty didn't even bowl. Needed the extra quick on this pitch!
  • We are also 19-0.
  • Cheers canters, next time we arrange a beer i won't forget my phone .
    Promise
  • Cheers canters, next time we arrange a beer i won't forget my phone .
    Promise

All talk you are! ;)
  • Yeah that's what the missus says