Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Pretty good day all told.

Having begun the day on 33-1, we were eventually dismissed for 390. A number of batsmen will be frustrated to have got in and then got out, as only Sangakkara (88) and Sam Curran (62, from only 56 balls) passed 50, but a lead of 395 should be enough - I say should, as we all remember what happened down at Taunton back in May.

In the two overs Warwickshire faced before close of play Tom Curran got Westwood out lbw. So we've all of tomorrow to get 9 wickets and 393 more runs to play with.

Come on boys.
  • A win tomorrow will almost certainly keep us up.
    Let's just hope we're not frustrated like the last game
  • YES!

Warwickshire all out for 169, so Surrey win by 226 runs.
  • YES!

Warwickshire all out for 169, so Surrey win by 226 runs.

Bloody ell that was a good win. Was worried we would huff and puff about it with no return likeep we did with the Middx game. But we bowled well and everyone contributed..

Shame that Zaf is struggling with his back again. Injuries have really cost him (and us) in the last year or so. I'm certain he'd have played a couple tests by now if he had stayed fit...
  • Just got back from charlton, happy days
  • Come on guy's what's happening.
    Canters Epsom update me please
  • Surrey need 3 from2 balls
  • Surrey win by 1 wicket off the last ball. Sangakkara finishes on 130 not out.
  • Happy as fcuk x
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow, what a game.
  • 29 scored off last 2.2 overs for last wicket !
  • Away to Yorkshire in semis.
  • Just got in.....We helped Surrey with 35 extras and our captain bowling just 4 balls after Gleesson went off injured went for 20 runs. Brilliant innings from Sangakarra especially his 6 scoop over the wicket keeper. Congrats to Surrey a brilliant game
  • Got my tickets for the 20/20 blast finals at Edgbaston on Saturday
  • Come on guy's what's happening.
    Canters Epsom update me please

Sorry for that gents was drinking myself silly. Managed to check the score in the pub, was worried Sanga had blown it by going slow and leaving us too much to do in the last few overs. But I should have known nothing is too much for that great man. I've always maintained Dernbach is joint worst no 11 with monty but after that performance I now consider him a fully fledged all-rounder!

Shame the Kent lads didn't get a win, would have loved the semi to be at Canterbury!
  • You are forgiven;-)
  • You are forgiven;-)

I'm still waiting game for that pint! ;)
  • Where you drinking before Bolton game
  • Sponsored links:

• Where you drinking before Bolton game

I'm joking mate. Unfortunately don't think I'm gonna make the Bolton game but will let you know nearer the time.. or will message you before a game I can make..
  • Ok mate no probs, see you soon
  • Good first day against Lancashire at The Oval. Bowled them out for 287 and closed on 50-0 in reply.
  • That will do for me
  • Popped into the Oval today. Excellent bowling by the Curran boys, a hostile spell from Meaker and good back up from Footitt. Had a look at the pitch up close at lunch. It had a tinge of green, and was helpful to the bowlers today, with pace and bounce. Another hot day tomorrow, the sun will dry it out and it should be a good batting track. Accumulation of runs will be the name of the game on day 2. Probably a good toss to lose. We are in a good position.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Popped into the Oval today. Excellent bowling by the Curran boys, a hostile spell from Meaker and good back up from Footitt. Had a look at the pitch up close at lunch. It had a tinge of green, and was helpful to the bowlers today, with pace and bounce. Another hot day tomorrow, the sun will dry it out and it should be a good batting track. Accumulation of runs will be the name of the game on day 2. Probably a good toss to lose. We are in a good position.

Are you this knowledgeable about every sport? Or is it just football and cricket?
  • At the Oval yesterday, for the first of our two day annual pilgrimage. Really enjoyed the day, the two Curran boys bowled superbly, Sam is one hell of a prospect, and Meaker was very quick and hostile. Amazing catch by our Sri Lankan wizard, broke up a dangerous partnership. Surrey batted easily until the last over or two, when it suddenly seemed like they were playing in a fog. Burns looks a lot better than I remember, am looking forward to seeing them pile on the runs today
  • 354-6 at stumps on day 2, leading by 67. 50s for Burns (88), Sibley (56), Sangakkara (67) and Davies (59).
  • Hopefully a win here and that should just about make us safe in the First Division.

Season's turned around a bit after a pretty poor start; just missed out on qualifying from the T20 groups but London Insurance semi-final and hopefully safety in the top division is much better than looked feasible a relatively short time ago.
  • Surrey all out for 480 in the first innings, Sam Curran weighing in with 96. By stumps we had reduced Lancashire to 203-8, Footitt taking 5-49, meaning their lead is just 10.