Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Do you like Batty ,Canters ??

I most certainly do. The man is the Surrey equivalent of Johnnie Jackson.

His passion and commitment is obvious. I like that in a sportsman. I appreciate it more than raw talent (how very Charlton of me!).

He's seen Surrey through some tough times. And been a bloody good bowler throughout!
  • Uncontested toss at The Oval - Warwickshire bowl first.
  • Buzzing for the season. Anyone know the lineup?!

• SQUAD: Batty (c), Ansari, Borthwick, Burns, S. Curran, T. Curran, Dernbach, Foakes (wk), Footitt, Meaker, Sangakkara, Sibley, Stoneman

13 man squad announced yesterday. I'm guessing Dernbach will drop out. And for me it would be between Batty and Ansari for the last spot. But I reckon they won't play Sibley. Which is harsh after his quality preseason...
  • Surrey v Warwickshire - No toss, Warwickshire choose to bowl
  • Surrey XI: Batty (c), Borthwick, Burns, S. Curran, T. Curran, Dernbach, Foakes, Footitt, Sangakkara, Sibley, Stoneman
  • Surrey XI: Batty (c), Borthwick, Burns, S. Curran, T. Curran, Dernbach, Foakes, Footitt, Sangakkara, Sibley, Stoneman

So called that it would be one of Batty and Ansari.

In my opinion Dernbach over Meaker is criminal. Need wicket takers.

However I am hearing that Jade has been working hard and is fitter than ever so if he can do well in the 4 day game then it's more options to rotate.
  • So, that'll be (batting order) Sibley,Stoneman,Burns,Sanga,Borthwick,Foakes,SCurran,TCurran,Batty,Dernbach,Footitt - that's quite a long tail.
  • So, that'll be (batting order) Sibley,Stoneman,Burns,Sanga,Borthwick,Foakes,SCurran,TCurran,Batty,Dernbach,Footitt - that's quite a long tail.

I actually think Burns and Stoneman will open and Sibley in the middle order as that's what happened in preseason. Likewise Borthwick at 3 and Sanga moving down to 4.

So:

Stoneman, Burns, Borthwick, Sanga Sibley, Foakes, Sam, Tom, Batty, Dernbach, Footit.

Not sure about the tail. There's been aother of talk about the Currans working on their batting over the winter. Alec Stewart has said he sees them both batting in the top 6 later in their careers. And remember Batty got a first class century last season.

Burns opening with Borthwick at 3, Sanga at 4 and Sibley at 5,
  • Sponsored links:

• Good start so far. 41-0

Burns going quickly on 28.
  • I've probably jinxed it now...

a good attacking line up though ..positive team selection
  • lolwray said:

So, that'll be (batting order) Sibley,Stoneman,Burns,Sanga,Borthwick,Foakes,SCurran,TCurran,Batty,Dernbach,Footitt - that's quite a long tail.

Except for Dernbach over Meaker which is pretty defensive in my view.
  • lolwray said:

So, that'll be (batting order) Sibley,Stoneman,Burns,Sanga,Borthwick,Foakes,SCurran,TCurran,Batty,Dernbach,Footitt - that's quite a long tail.

Except for Dernbach over Meaker which is pretty defensive in my view.
    maybe you re right ...i would have had meaker in too
  • Commentators are finding it hilarious that they chose to bowl.

First day of the season, sun is shining, and it's the Oval. I'll repeat that IT'S THE OVAL.

My old man always says at the Oval you bat and if in doubt then you definitely bat.
  • Commentators are finding it hilarious that they chose to bowl.

First day of the season, sun is shining, and it's the Oval. I'll repeat that IT'S THE OVAL.

My old man always says at the Oval you bat and if in doubt then you definitely bat.

think warwickshire might have a tough season ..seem to be an ageing team
  • Stoneman reaches 50, off just 65 deliveries with 9 boundaries.

100 up as well.
  • Stoneman reaches 50, off just 65 deliveries with 9 boundaries.

100 up as well.

Burns reaches his fifty with a 6!
  • 133-0 at lunch.
  • Sponsored links:

• 133-0 at lunch.

And Warwickshire wanted to bowl!!

• 285-2

Stoneman brings up his 150.
  • Without being a killjoy I wish the Oval wicket wasn't so much suited to the batsmen.
    I think we will struggle to bowl teams out twice at home and will pick up more points away from the Oval
  • Having said that it's great for 50 over and 20.20.
  • Stoneman out for 165, c Ambrose b Wright. Brilliant stuff on debut.

314-3
  • Well played Stoneman - he was close to an England call up last season so if he keeps putting in these performances then we may well be losing him for a significant part of the season.
  • Well played Stoneman - he was close to an England call up last season so if he keeps putting in these performances then we may well be losing him for a significant part of the season.

Same with Borthwick. Let's hope Jennings and Hameed do really well so we get to keep them.
  • Without being a killjoy I wish the Oval wicket wasn't so much suited to the batsmen.
    I think we will struggle to bowl teams out twice at home and will pick up more points away from the Oval

Very good point. Does make for a bore fest sometimes. However I think our best attack (with Meaker in it) are capable of taking 20 wickets. We do have 6 bowlers including a left arm quick and a leg spinner so plenty of options...

Very good point. Does make for a bore fest sometimes. However I think our best attack (with Meaker in it) are capable of taking 20 wickets. We do have 6 bowlers including a left arm quick and a leg spinner so plenty of options...
    Hopefully you are right.
    I agree with you also regarding Meaker over Dernbach