Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Weren't we ready to relieve ourselves of Meaker pre season ?
  • Weren't we ready to relieve ourselves of Meaker pre season ?

Where did you hear that?
  • I thought it was from you !!
  • I thought it was from you !!

I've always been a big fan of Meaker.

I don't think I said anything like that this year...

I do remember saying something about this time last year when he was nowhere near the side and was on terrible form I suspected he may move to get games. But he came back strongly and surprised us all.
  • 327-3 at stumps, Sangakkara 47* and Sibley 7*

Cracking start to the opening game of the season. Quite fancy heading to The Oval tomorrow now (it'll almost certainly be less torturous than watching us play Southend!)
  • edited April 2017
    Sangakkara lbw b Hannon-Dalby 71.

378-4.
  • 405-4 at lunch.

We missed out on maximum batting points as we took more than 110 overs to get to 400, but we're still well set. Sibley is taking his time but Foakes has played a few attacking shots already.
  • First ball after lunch... (!)

Sibley c Patel b Wright 34
  • Foakes c Ambrose b Wright 34

Earlier you'd have thought we'd have no trouble making 500, but our lengthy tail means that's not guaranteed at all. Tom Curran joins his younger brother out in the middle after Foakes skies an attempted pull for Ambrose to run round and catch.
  • S Curran C Mellor b Wright 18

Sam Curran does almost exactly the same as Foakes. Really think we're in danger of letting Warwickshire back into this now. Batty comes in to bat.
  • Sponsored links:

• T Curran st Ambrose b Patel 2

445-8
  • Dernbach lbw b Patel 0

445-9
  • Footitt b Wright 1

Batty biffs a couple of fours to take us past 450 before Wright, the pick of the Warwickshire bowlers, cleans up Footitt to end the innings on 454.

Let's hope the weakness of our tail doesn't prove our Achilles heel this season, as we can't rely on the top order to fire all the time.
  • Mellor c Sibley b S Curran 18

30-1
  • Trott lbw b Footitt 0

Footitt follows up a terrible, wild ball which flew over Foakes's head for 4 with a fuller delivery that traps Trott in front. Bell comes to the crease.

35-2
  • Bell c Borthwick b Footitt 0

And now he gets Bell in the same over! Shorter this time and the former England man can only edge it to Borthwick in the slips. Fantastic stuff from Footitt.

35-3
  • edited April 2017
    Hain c Borthwick b Footitt 0

Footitt's on fire! Hain plays at a fuller delivery and edges to Borthwick.

39-4, and that's tea.
  • Porterfield c Foakes b Footitt 18

Footitt continues his stunning spell by teasing an edge from Porterfield through to Foakes.

42-5
  • edited April 2017
    Clarke lbw b Footitt 0

Incredible! Footitt has now taken 5-6, and it's the fourth duck of the innings as Clarke falls lbw.

42-6
  • Barker b Footitt 0

No words.

42-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Ambrose c Borthwick b Dernbach 6

Dernbach gets in on the act, and Borthwick has a hat-trick of catches in the slips.

48-8
  • Like I said earlier it's a batsmans paradise.
    Lol
  • Patel c Borthwick b S Curran 8

61-9
  • Absolute scenes at the Oval. If I'd have checked the score before getting on my train home I would certainly have popped into the Oval to see the last over. Really wish I did. What a bellend!
  • Hannon-Dalby c S Curran b T Curran 2

Warwickshire 91 all out, Footitt 6-14

That'll do!
  • Just checked the score and after a Charlton win, a place for my each way Grand National bet and Warwicks out for double figures it's a rare good sporting Saturday.
  • Absolute scenes at the Oval. If I'd have checked the score before getting on my train home I would certainly have popped into the Oval to see the last over. Really wish I did. What a bellend!

And now I'm stuck on a train home full life loads of Wet Spam franchise fans... could this get any worse....
  • Unsurprisingly, we've enforced the follow-on.
  • Unsurprisingly, we've enforced the follow-on.

Good. I was a bit worried we wouldn't and have a repeat of the game near the end of last season.

And now I'm stuck on a train home full life loads of Wet Spam franchise fans... could this get any worse....
    Turns out it can. Trains delayed...