Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Game starts today Surrey against a Leicestershire team that haven't won in two years...

Burns
    Ansari
    Sanga
    KP
    Davies
    Roy
    Wilson
    Batty
    Curran
    Tremlett
    Dunn

Surrey sticking with Dunn and Curran rather than rotating which seems odd... I still can't understand why Meaker is not playing as he is the most threatening wicket taker we have!

Leics won the toss and chose to bat! Currently 11-0
  • Options
    Dunn gets Robson bowled for six apparently a beauty of a ball!

Leics 12-1
  • Options
    Hill moves to his maiden first class hundred off 125 balls a top knock!

Leics 233 for 5

Dunn has got two Curran has got 3!
  • Options
    Leics 292 all out.. Dunn got 4
    tremlett 2
    Curran 3
    Batty 1
  • Options
    KP has gone to town today. 326 not out from 378 balls. Over 200 runs scored in boundaries!
  • Options
    Was an incredible innings and great to listen to while revising...

For the sake of balance I will say he was dropped on 96, 110, 165 and twice more when he was going for it between 200 and 300!

Thought it was all over when Batty got out but Tremlett did well to stay there for so long and score 30! Dunns innings was a thing of beauty! Batting for more than 80 mins and part of a partnership of over 130 to which he contributed 5...

There were some highlight moments... He hit an old man with with a straight six! (He was fine) he smacked a six into the empty second tier of the OCS stand and play was delayed while they had to send someone to open the stand and retrieve the ball! And at one point the bowler was the only fielder in the ring! the keeper was on the edge and the rest were on the boundary! Some members even started chanting "are you watching Andrew Strauss"

All in all a top knock and we'll done to the fella! Gonna be hard for England to ignore...
  • Options
    Well what a finish this is turning out to be! Surrey struggled to take the leics wickets but we eventually got them all out and they had a lead of 215! We didn't have much time so opened the batting with Roy and Davies who have come out and played their natural game! Roy got 67 off 39 balls
    Davies is 99 off 55 balls 9 fours 4 sixes
    sanga got 12 from 8
    Wilson is 2 not out
  • Options
    KP spent time off the field so can't bat for that amount of time...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Surrey 190 for 2 chasing 215
  • Options
    Davies reaches his hundred off 57 balls...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    17 to win off more than six overs. .
  • Options
    In other news Surrey have signed Wahab Riaz for the first two T20 games! A very good signing and I'm sure he will be useful! But it feels a little like signing players for the sake of signing players.... would rather the young guns get a go! Remember we have Azhar Mahmood for the T20s as well and I can't see him getting a game...
  • Options
    Need thirteen off 28 balls! Will be a remarkable victory!
  • Options
    Incredible stuff from Davies.
  • Options
    Indeed! And we'll backed up by Roy! Got us home with time to spate. . Shows what a road the oval is though...
  • Options

As I said previously, despite what Surrey originally said re Ireland commitments, the reason Wilson lost the captaincy is because he won't get anywhere near the first team in the CC when everyone is available.

I would expect the line up to be something like this:

Burns
    Ansari
    Sangakkara
    KP
    Davies
    Roy
    Foakes
    Batty
    Meaker
    Dunn
    Dernbach

Possibly but going on the last couple years and the averages I'd have Wilson above Davies In all formats!
    Davies averages just under 40 in FC matches and there was nothing between Davies and Wilson last season - Davies 43 v Wilson 44 with Davies scoring two hundred more runs. Davies averaged 41 in ODs last season and Wilson just 15. In T20s Wilson came out better with 30 vs 17.

From what I can gather Davies has fought back from his troubles. He came out prior to the Ashes, was promptly dropped by England and badly affected by the death of Tom Maynard resulting in a bout of depression.

I would hope that his talent and bravery will be enough to justify him being given the chance to stake his claim.
    Perhaps it's not too late for him. Especially as he can bat anywhere from one to six.
  • Options

As I said previously, despite what Surrey originally said re Ireland commitments, the reason Wilson lost the captaincy is because he won't get anywhere near the first team in the CC when everyone is available.

I would expect the line up to be something like this:

Burns
    Ansari
    Sangakkara
    KP
    Davies
    Roy
    Foakes
    Batty
    Meaker
    Dunn
    Dernbach

Possibly but going on the last couple years and the averages I'd have Wilson above Davies In all formats!
    Davies averages just under 40 in FC matches and there was nothing between Davies and Wilson last season - Davies 43 v Wilson 44 with Davies scoring two hundred more runs. Davies averaged 41 in ODs last season and Wilson just 15. In T20s Wilson came out better with 30 vs 17.

From what I can gather Davies has fought back from his troubles. He came out prior to the Ashes, was promptly dropped by England and badly affected by the death of Tom Maynard resulting in a bout of depression.

I would hope that his talent and bravery will be enough to justify him being given the chance to stake his claim.
    Perhaps it's not too late for him. Especially as he can bat anywhere from one to six.
    I'll admit you were right about Davies.. he's looked a different player.. thought he was crooked but proved me wrong and certainty when he is playing he is exciting to watch! Not sure about the one to six thing.. today was exceptional circumstances...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Very much looking forward to the T20s that start tomorrow night! With no KP I'm not sure what team we will put out something along the the lines of

Roy
    Davies
    Sanga
    Wilson
    Foakes
    solanki
    Mahmood
    Ansari
    Batty
    Riaz
    Dunn

Batting looks weak without without KP
  • Options
    14 man squad been named for the t20s over the weekend! Henriques and Mahmood are at the IPL and no KP.

Ansari
    Batty
    Burke
    Burns
    Curran
    Davies
    Dunn
    Foakes
    Kapil
    Riaz
    Roy
    Sanga
    Solanki
    Wilson

Would like to see Foakes play, and possibly keep! No absolutely nothing about James Burke buy from Wikipedia he had afew years at Somerset where he played one first class game where he didn't bat??? And took 2-51! And 3 T20s where he scored 4 runs and all of them were I'm the same game... and it appears he didn't bowl.. I'm assuming wiki is not up to date with this.. and again very strange there is no Meaker in the squad! I can't understand it!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    A check on cricinfo says that record is correct! However looking at the scorecards for the second eleven. He has been doing okay with bat and ball in the longer forms and t20! Aneesh Kapil, Dom Sibley, Harinath, Meaker Linley and Ben Foakes have all along put in some good performances for the twos...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got my ticket for Chelmsford on Saturday, can't wait. I'll be supporting Essex though so I guess I'll have to find the other thread.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Got my ticket for Chelmsford on Saturday, can't wait. I'll be supporting Essex though so I guess I'll have to find the other thread.

Was gonna say good man but then you went and ruined it! ;)
  • Options
    I hope Ben Foakes scores a ton against you! !
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Having looked at the squad I have worked out a revised team for tomorrow's T20! The biggest thing that's worrying me is because we have no real part timers in the batsman we are gonna need to play six bowlers.. In previous years we've had Dilshan maxwell or even KP to chip in With the odd over.. so as I say six bowlers and I'd make three of them all rounders..

Roy
    Davies
    Sanga
    Wilson
    Foakes
    Ansari
    Kapil
    Burke
    Batty
    Dunn
    Riaz

The all rounders mean we have just enough batting whilst making sure we have enough bowlers! I know very little about Burke or Kapil (I thought he was a spinner until today) and expect them to be replaced by Azhar and Henriques when they arrive, with Dernbach in for Riaz!
  • Options
    Surrey sign Fast bowler Luke Fletcher on loan for three championship matches... He will continue to play for Notts in the T20s at the same time.

http://www.kiaoval.com/surrey-sign-luke-fletcher-loan/

Here is his Cricinfo page

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/297592.html

Seems he has been an influential player for them in the last few seasons but has only played second eleven cricket so far this year! I am surprised as we have a lot of quicks at the club and we haven't even tried Meaker Linley or Balcombe so far this year with Tremlett only playing once.

The club is claiming we have an injury crisis amongst our quicks, however I cant believe that. Dernbach is the only one whose injury has been confirmed and Linley Balcombe and Meaker have been playing regularly for the twos so I am inclined to think they dont rate some of them.....
  • Options
    Luke Fletcher is a big old unit for someone who is only 26. Always thought of him as a one day bowler but his CC stats are actually OK.

He's never going to run through a side though and I would have thought, as Canters has said, that Surrey have at least as good in reserve.
  • Options
    Surrey Line up:

Roy
    Davies
    Sanga
    Solanki
    Wilson
    Ansari
    Kapil
    Wahab
    Batty
    Curran
    Cunn

Dissapointed no Foakes, should have played ahead of Solanki in my opinion! other than that pretty good in my opinion!
  • Options
    surrey win the toss and bowl!
  • Options
    Were relying on Roy and Davies a lot there with the bat.. one of them has to make a good score..
  • Options
    gareth Batty takes an unbelievable catch but its not out a no ball from Dunn!