Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Igor Vetokele (ed. Pg 27 - back in training)***

Comments

• Options
    The club doesn't normally announce when a fee has been agreed does it?

Must be very confident of getting him
  • Options
    This has come out the blue
  • Options
    The fact he's played under Big Bob makes me feel positive about this move... although hard to know if he'll cut it in the Championship because the defending for half the goals in that Youtube video is League Two standard.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm encouraged by this. A fast striker who never gives up and is a natural goalscorer. Obviously if he really was shit hot he wouldn't be signing for us, but this could work out well.
    Only word of caution - lots of us were also quite excited about Polish Pete.
  • Options
    The sort of signing i was expecting, and encouraged that he seems to have a decent rep with his current club's supporters.

Welcome Igor. Lets hope he doesn't turn out to be Ee Aw
  • Options
    I would imagine personal terms and stuff have been done already for them to announce it. Looks a good player hopefully it turns out that way.

Unless it is going to come out Poyet is off today so they want to get this out there, or am I just being a skeptical.
  • Options
    Love the fact that no one ITK saw this coming! Club going about it's transfers very quietly and discretely. Igor looks like he has a decent scoring record, seems raw and an age at where he will be hungry to test himself in a more competitive league (sorry Denmark). The You Tube clip makes him out to be more a fox in the box type of striker. Frankly anyone who knows where the back of the net is will be welcome.
  • Options
    Assuming he will have cost a decent fee too, so possibly shows the money is available for the right players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

Only word of caution - lots of us were also quite excited about Polish Pete.

I was thinking that. But then realised Polish Pete had never played in the Champions League. FC Copenhagen are a pretty big club by European standards (certainly compared to De Grafschap)
  • Options

A small young player from Belgium (shock horror).
  • Options
    About time we signed an Igor. Welcome Igor the first
  • Options
    Wonder if Rurik Gislason will come with him?
  • Options
    Welcome Igor. May the floodgates open for the other signings.
  • Options
    Interesting signing if we complete this, looks quite a promising player and speaks good english which always helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cna4Py1ADOQ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty to like here. Yep a risk, but looks like one worth taking, esp if known to Bob
  • Options
    And, yes, it is a good sign that he rates Peeters so much that he wanted to play for him again.
  • Options
    Exciting potential. The manager has worked with him before so that's a positive.
  • Options
    Is there an African Nations Cup coming up?
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

And, yes, it is a good sign that he rates Peeters so much that he wanted to play for him again.

Great point Hawks.
  • Options
    New thread title is a bit misleading.
  • Options
    Taken off FC Copenhagen's site - http://www.fck.dk/#/nyhed/2014/06/17/fck-saelger-igor-vetokele :

FCK sells Igor Vetokele

FC Copenhagen have reached an agreement with the English Championship club Charlton Athletic FC on a sale of striker Igor Vetokele. The 22-year-old Belgian joins a club with immediate effect, subject to passing his medical checkup and get his personal terms in place with Charlton.

-Igor has had a fine season, even though it was his first year with regular playing time at this level. And generally he's been through a sensible development with us for FC Copenhagen. But in such a situation, it's always about evaluating the player we have, up to the deal we get when one such addition. Right now, we know that we get a new striker into the squad Steve De Ridder and when we also are not sure that Igor Vetokele and Andreas Cornelius who types in the long term is going to be the best duo, so we think it sensible was to say yes to an offer and give Igor opportunity to try his dream of England in Charlton, says Manager Stale Solbakken.

Igor Vetokele joined FC Copenhagen two years ago from Cercle Bruges and enjoyed his time with the ten-fold Danish champions - not least the fighting in PARK.

-Right now I feel first of all, I would like to thank everyone in FC Copenhagen because they have given me the chance to become a better player and experience the Europa League and UEFA Champions League football. I am very grateful to have played for FCK's fans and experienced support in all the matches I've played. Not least the ones I want to wish all the best for the future, for it has the deserved and I have enjoyed my time with them at the club and in Copenhagen in general. But I've always wanted to try playing in England and I believe I have good opportunities to play and continue my development in Charlton. Therefore, this is a good opportunity for me, even though it is not an easy decision, says Igor Vetokele.

Igor Vetokele managed to play 54 matches and scoring 19 goals with the lion on the chest.
  • Options
    I've seen him a few times in the Danish Superliga, he is definitely worth a punt though would be interested to know what the fee was. Not super prolific but does have strength, power and pace and he is young, at just 22.
    I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of him in a red shirt!